Thread: DK PvP items

DK PvP items

Hello,

I am uncertain about what PvP items to get for my DK. I play frost as of now, but might try out UH in the future. Should I go for items with mastery, haste, crit, hit etc? Alacrity, cruelty, prowess?

Deleted
    Go for mastery and haste. Expertise should not be neglected, even as UH (unlike the previous expac).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends on whether youre playing 2h or dw...but you shoudl be playign 2h frost - itemization should be: hit>=expertise>haste>crit>mastery. If for some reason oure an idiot and liek to play dw frost in pvp, it goes hit>=expertise>mastery>haste>crit. UH is same as 2h frost for reforging priority. you should be gemnming resil and resil/pvp power hybrid gems

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out the guide on Noxxic.com: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/death-knight/frost

thank you all for your answers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    depends on whether youre playing 2h or dw...but you shoudl be playign 2h frost - itemization should be: hit>=expertise>haste>crit>mastery. If for some reason oure an idiot and liek to play dw frost in pvp, it goes hit>=expertise>mastery>haste>crit. UH is same as 2h frost for reforging priority. you should be gemnming resil and resil/pvp power hybrid gems
    Did you just say that he should go with crit over mastery for unholy? What a joke. And gemming pure resi is also fucked up.

These are your prio:

Hit cap 3% Spell Hit 6% > Haste > Mastery. Also, if you are using the talent Blood Tap instead of Runic Empowerement/Runic Corruption you should go Hit cap 3% Spell Hit 6% > Mastery > Haste because you dont need that much hase then as you can choose when to put up a full death rune when you want to Necrotic Strike/Strangulate.

If you are going Mastery instead of haste(I am, and a lot of top DK's are aswell), you should use these 2 macros:
    #showtooltip Necrotic Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast Necrotic Strike

And

#showtooltip Strangulate
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast [nomodifier] Strangulate
    /cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Strangulate
    /stopmacro [nomodifier]

As for gems you should go:

Blue: +320 PvP Power
    Red: +80 strength +160 PvP Power
    Yellow: +160 PvP Power +160 Resilience

THIS IS FOR UNHOLY BTW. I would definetly go Unholy in 5.2. Shadowplay here we come, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Check out the guide on Noxxic.com: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/death-knight/frost
    Ye, the Noxxic guide is really pure shit.
    Last edited by Machomaije; 2013-01-26 at 01:15 PM.