G13 Advanced and the LCD Display for wow

Any way to change what exactly it shows? For instance, mine is displaying

dmg:742-30807
    Haste:12.21
    Power: 23388
    Hit: 3.27
    Crit: 9.50

I'd like to have Expertise showing over Dmg. Is it possible?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Likely only way to change it is in the Logitech profile manager/software, you did install that, right?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Likely only way to change it is in the Logitech profile manager/software, you did install that, right?
    yeah, it lets me change profiles and switch with the little buttons, though, the last button doesn't seem to do anything XD

Should note that I couldn't install anything from the disc. It said the version on the disc was incompatible with my OS (Windows 8). So I downloaded the Logitech Gaming Software from their website. It was the only available download for it on their site.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2013-01-26 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I take it the software from their website worked then?
    "A flower.

Nop, you can't change details like that without coding a plugin of your own for it.

Whole LCD is a gimmick anyway. I never use it for anything besides vent status to know who's talking and who disconnected, in games I've never needed or wanted it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Nop, you can't change details like that without coding a plugin of your own for it.

Whole LCD is a gimmick anyway. I never use it for anything besides vent status to know who's talking and who disconnected, in games I've never needed or wanted it.

Do what i do. i watch movies on it. there is a plugin for Vlc media player to use the g19's (15's also) screen to display the movie instead of your pirmary monitor. It's actually quite nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Do what i do. i watch movies on it. there is a plugin for Vlc media player to use the g19's (15's also) screen to display the movie instead of your pirmary monitor. It's actually quite nice.

Why watch a movie... on a bloody 2 inch screen when you can watch it on a full-size real monitor? The screen on the G19 is alright, but it's no "real" screen. Also, last I checked the G15 (I have the second version in storage) is orange...
    "A flower.

Currently I have CPU, GPU and RAM loads as well as temperatures for CPU and GPU showing on my G15 LCD, it is somewhat useful.
    For example AIDA64 lets you choose what system information shows on your LCD.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Currently I have CPU, GPU and RAM loads as well as temperatures for CPU and GPU showing on my G15 LCD, it is somewhat useful.
    For example AIDA64 lets you choose what system information shows on your LCD.
    This I feel is a much better use for that little LCD. Who needs to see their stats constantly?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Do what i do. i watch movies on it.
    WTF? You serious with that? Anyway, no...

I have two 23" monitors sitting on my desk. If I have WoW or some other game running on the primary monitor, secondary monitor has usually some videos running, in addition to web browser, chat programs and all other stuff.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

How do I show temps? I can see CPU and RAM usage, that's it. Sucks about not changing the display, though. I do like the vent and music display. Thanks for the responses, though :P

thought i'd check back on this one ..

G19 is color. and when you use 1 monitor for gaming. i decided not to use 2nd monitor. i then used that plugin so i could use the g19's COLOR screen to play movies. why? at the time i din't have my setup with directv that allowed me to stream content from my pc to the directv box. )52" tv. and now even when i do i only get to look at 1/2 to maybe 1/3rd of it tops during a raid. *during raid downtime* but hear the movie going on the whole time.

as for temperatures depends on who made the videocard/drivers .. EVGA's software EVGA Precision has it coded so you can have it display that information (fanspeeds temps / fps ect) I'm sure there are 3rd party monitoring software that lets you do that also with cpu and other things.

yea movies would suck on a g15 .. but i have a g19.

Deleted
    Not sure, I had a G19 once, and the people who are complaining about the screen and watching movies on it: Nothing wrong with it if you don't have dual monitor while gaming.

However, I sold it to a friend and got myself a K90 and now I do have dual monitor. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Because watching a movie on a 2 inch display from over a foot away, while trying to game is an optimal movie-viewing experience, right? O.o I just don't see the point... >_>
    "A flower.

Because watching a movie on a 2 inch display from over a foot away, while trying to game is an optimal movie-viewing experience, right? O.o I just don't see the point... >_>
    Don't see the point nor the video

Besides, you're supposed to keep the eyes on the monitor while playing, not on the keyboard or you're doing it wrong. That's the primary reason why I think whole idea of displays, touchpads and all other shit on the keyboard is just a gimmick.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye. I don't for one minute miss the old screen on my old Logitech G15 v2. Even if it was full color, it's just a distraction and annoyance.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Aye. I don't for one minute miss the old screen on my old Logitech G15 v2. Even if it was full color, it's just a distraction and annoyance.
    Farming for something in WoW, waiting for time-lost etc.

It had plenty of use.
    Just because you don't find it to be an optimal viewing experience does not mean it is bad.

Haters gonna hate!!
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-01-30 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Farming for something in WoW, waiting for time-lost etc.

It had plenty of use.
    Just because you don't find it to be an optimal viewing experience does not mean it is bad.

Haters gonna hate!!
    My phone has a better screen...
    "A flower.

Deleted
    My phone has a better screen...
    Mine too, don't complain so much man.