Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    And how do you know what's ideal society? You want a change, no matter what. What if it's wrong?
    Almost all slavic countries are based around family values. Stop breaking things that were here for thousands of years.
    I would consider an ideal society something that falls between our evolutionary bounds. Since all organisms do best within a certain range of conditions, it's fair to assume the same with humans.

Thousands of years is a heartbeat in the larger timescale. And just because it's been around for thousands of years, doesn't make it right.

If a change is wrong, we will know, and we will fix it. But to just sit back and say everything's ok when we have all the problems in the world just isn't...well, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Good to see that there are still some reasonable people in the world who are not influenced by this stupid propaganda of accepting everything in the name of tolerance etc. Greetings to Russia.
    Ignorant bigots are ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedHands View Post
    Simply the marriage is the official aknowledgement of a couple and nature wants the couples done by a male and a female.
    Yes to the first, an adamant "no" to the second; homosexual behaviour is relatively widespread among animals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

Not only is it natural, there's a host of reasons why it's an evolutionary advantage in a social animal, and humanity is definitely a social animal.

You're just flat-out factually wrong, here.

If you had a religious basis for your belief, there wouldn't be a lot I could do to contradict that; faith is faith. But here, you're putting your argument on what is natural, and homosexual relationships are eminently natural. That's plain, incontrovertible fact. There is no way you've read the academic literature on the subject, you're just making wild and inaccurate claims based on no evidence or justifiable logic whatsoever.

I'll say this: I'll never support gay rights. I'll never support assaulting gays. I'll never believe that you are born gay. I'm a Christian, and I believe that homosexuality is something that is against nature (even from an atheistic perspective), and especially against God. I think that the idea of simply letting people do as they please leads to a moral cesspool of evil, because the boundaries will ALWAYS be pushed back further and further until they are completely gone and immorality runs rampant (Which it somewhat does already).

I'm not a crazy old guy, I'm 22 (I might be crazy, I guess). My belief is that like anything else a person does wrong (you know, other than committing murder or rape or something), the intent should be to educate people against what is a dirty lifestyle and help attempt to change those people. I fully admit that it is an unpopular opinion, especially among my age group, but I partially believe that to be because things like the Internet and its anonymity have lead to a pretty high level of apathy when it comes to morality.

I'd apologize if anyone is offended by those statements, but I'm honestly not sorry for my beliefs. I never see gay people and think "we'd be better off if they were dead," I just think "it's too bad they are making a bad choice," just as I am bothered by the fact that I am imperfect and repeatedly make mistakes. I try my best to keep a merciful mindset against things like Jesus did, rather than flat-out attempting to condemn people to hell as can be the norm from the right.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedHands View Post
    Simply the marriage is the official aknowledgement of a couple and nature wants the couples done by a male and a female.
    No it doesn't. Nature isn't alive. Nature can't think. Nature doesn't want anything.

Don't disguise your own discrimination as "nature wants". Nature doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You know since david attenborough has gone as far to say human beings are overpopulated across the planet, and becoming a plague upon so many other species, if natures way of stemming out the species is for more people to be born gay, what right then do people have to criticize natures way of dealing with a problem it can't deal with itself.
    I don't buy that people are born gay, I just don't. If people were born with a sexual orientation, I'd expect them to be born sexually mature. How does the idea of being "Born gay" explain all of the times people experiment with that stuff, or they become gay or straight after being the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I'll never believe that you are born gay. I'm a Christian, and I believe that homosexuality is something that is against nature
    I don't buy that people are born gay, I just don't.
    The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy that people are born gay, I just don't. If people were born with a sexual orientation, I'd expect them to be born sexually mature. How does the idea of being "Born gay" explain all of the times people experiment with that stuff, or they become gay or straight after being the other?
    Explain the process of change then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say this: I'll never support gay rights. I'll never support assaulting gays. I'll never believe that you are born gay. I'm a Christian, and I believe that homosexuality is something that is against nature (even from an atheistic perspective), and especially against God. I think that the idea of simply letting people do as they please leads to a moral cesspool of evil, because the boundaries will ALWAYS be pushed back further and further until they are completely gone and immorality runs rampant (Which it somewhat does already).

Do you have any basis for these beliefs or are you taking it on faith that all of the above is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Do you have any basis for these beliefs or are you taking it on faith that all of the above is true?
    Naturally he has the basis of his infallible morality. Which he takes to be correct on faith, just because.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Christian and I don't think your argument exists anywhere in the Bible in any meaningful sense, so don't blame the religion.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really interested in how homosexuality leads to evil.

Deleted

I'm not a crazy old guy, I'm 22 (I might be crazy, I guess). My belief is that like anything else a person does wrong (you know, other than committing murder or rape or something), the intent should be to educate people against what is a dirty lifestyle and help attempt to change those people. I fully admit that it is an unpopular opinion, especially among my age group, but I partially believe that to be because things like the Internet and its anonymity have lead to a pretty high level of apathy when it comes to morality.

I'd apologize if anyone is offended by those statements, but I'm honestly not sorry for my beliefs. I never see gay people and think "we'd be better off if they were dead," I just think "it's too bad they are making a bad choice," just as I am bothered by the fact that I am imperfect and repeatedly make mistakes. I try my best to keep a merciful mindset against things like Jesus did, rather than flat-out attempting to condemn people to hell as can be the norm from the right.
    And i will never support People like you i wish you would all vanish from this Planet because your way of thinking causes so much suffering and hate arround this Planet. You religious Freaks are one of the biggst plagues of Earth. And i dont apologize if you are offended by that because that is my Opinion about People who are to lazy to think for themselves

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-27 at 07:10 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    What are you going to do about, besides complain on an internet forum? This is the problem with the gay rights movement, nothing but talk, cherrypicking the softer nations (where its already acceptable) and staying away from others. How about all the gay people go over there and protest like they do here in the states? They wont because they are nothing but hot air. This isnt limited to gay rights. Womens rights, child labor, animal cruelty etc, nothing but tough talk, no actions.

"leave us the fuck alone"

Take your own advice?
    You disgusting piece of shit, not even worthy of being called a human

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-27 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Anything in red is gay's will be executed
    Orange red is prison
    Orange is a penalty

Dark blue is same sex marriage
    light blue is other partnership
    teal marriage is recognized but not performed

Grey is gays are not recognized as people basically
    what exactly is meant by other partnership?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably civil unions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Probably civil unions.
    what do civil unions entail exactly? im also surprised to hear france is curbing gay unions or whatever....aren't they supposed to be ahead of the social trends?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-27 at 04:48 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what exactly is meant by other partnership?
    I think it's basically the 'You just can't have the word marriage!' thing.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Deleted
    It's possibly been answered and if it has, I apologise, but..

Given that every major faith has their own interpretation of "Marriage" how can any of them claim ownership over the institution?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what do civil unions entail exactly? im also surprised to hear france is curbing gay unions or whatever....aren't they supposed to be ahead of the social trends?
    It depends on where you go. I will defer to the Wikipedia entry, since I'm not in any position to explain it in-depth.