View Poll Results: Sign here if you think the Off-Topic section needs to be expanded.

Voters
85. This poll is closed
  • Signed

58 68.24%
  • No its fine the way it is

27 31.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, gun control is a current "hot button" issue. I'm not saying by any means it'll go away completely, but it doesn't need a sub forum.

I do, however, like the idea of having a "Politics" sub-forum with-in the Off-topic forums.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    I'm all for a politic section but don't know if a relationship section is needed. Better keep that in Off-Topic tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Maybe do a combined Politics and Science subforum? Rather than just Politics? Would at least draw a slightly larger audience than just pure politics, and would be a good way to promote those topics.

And just keep relationship threads in general off-topic, or maybe move them to chat zone?
    Science!=politics, no matter how much politicians try to tell you that it is...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Politics, Religion, Debates and user must be 16+ to enter these

I'd like a science one and then one for all of those relationships help/stories threads.

I'd just have relationships added as a new thread and politics and leave it at that. no need to keep making 3 or 5 new threads

10+ Year Old Account
    ill take the science sub forum that sounds interesting.... its so hard to find a good forum for current science these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Politics, Religion, Debates and user must be 16+ to enter these
    Id add religion to the list but unfortunately that is against the rules here.

15+ Year Old Account
    They do we have a chat thread forum? Shouldn't that be in fun stuff? And people are worried about thread activeness...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Signed, great idea

A big fat NO to this tired, failed idea.

These sorts of sub forums have been tried at various sites over the past 20 years, almost all of those experiments were disastrous for the following reasons:

1. It splinters the forum community. People start only visiting the subforums that interest them, GREATLY reducing traffic for the general off-topic forum as well as the others. With no traffic, people start leaving in search of other places where there are more people, even if they at first thought the sub forums were a good idea. The OT community starts to dry up and die, with only a handful of posts per day.

2. People get confused where to post by the forums when it comes to gray areas, so they just don't post. This also reduces traffic.

I'd rather not see the MMOC off-topic forum destroy itself with the same mistake that has doomed many others.

Unless of course the goal here is to actually destroy the MMOC OT community. It'll be very effective if that's what you want.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    more importantly, we need a SEX and relationship forum
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    more importantly, we need a SEX and relationship forum
    No.

Going to close this now; it's almost 2 months old at this point. It's unlikely that we'd create separate subforums for these areas as both would just be trollbait.