Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bind your extra action button for Gara'jal

Watch some vid guides and learn about the encounters beforehand. If you're truly looking for tips, this is probably your best bet. Not to go in blind and have to make several mistakes before you learn a mechanic.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hit the big things, dont stay in the red things, listen what your raid leader says and dont stay in the red things.

Well it happened and we downed the 1st 4 bosses. Everyone was satisfied with my performance and today we're gonna be going for elegon and final. I'm free to stick with my destro as well. With a

So thanks for the help so far. As far as the last 2 bosses go. If you have any more tips you can give let me know.

(I am also starting to think that the people on this site are elitist because the fights we're not as hard as I thought and we progressed farther than we ever had before apparently....though we've never beaten elegon from what I know.) Most wipes we had we're we're 2 with a ilvl 452 Frost DK filling a no-show raider >.>

Good to hear your first raid was a success.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Patience and a good attitude.

whoops guess that was late of me. Grats on the success!

Deleted
    I think everyone missed the most important tip
    Have fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Well it happened and we downed the 1st 4 bosses. Everyone was satisfied with my performance and today we're gonna be going for elegon and final. I'm free to stick with my destro as well. With a

So thanks for the help so far. As far as the last 2 bosses go. If you have any more tips you can give let me know.
    Grats with your first raid!

Best advice for Elegon and Will is.. be Affliction.

Although you seem to prefer Destro, I would advice to get a second spec. Some fights, especially on heroic, are much more manageable with another spec. Your raid will love you for adjusting to the needs (I personally re-glyph pretty much after every fight and switch to my offspec for at least 2 bosses, probably 3 in the future).

For the fights themselves regardless of spec;
    Elegon:
    - Mannoroth's Fury talent. When the sparks spawn you can get some AE damage on all of them for quite a while. In my raid I don't have a designated pillar but just spam Seeds on the boss during Spark phases.
    - If you are assigned to a Spark, save resources to kill them quick.
    - Don't forget to step out occasionally during phase 1. The stacking debuff can hurt a lot if it gets too high.
    - Don't fall down when the floor disappears.
    - The final phase is typically a very quick burn phase. It never lasts long as either the boss dies or the healers run out of mana. For that reason use Doomguard/Infernal at a more useful phase of the fight, depending on where your raid struggles.

Will of the Emperor:
    - AAAADDDDSSSS. Focus on adds. Do not even touch the bosses unless all the adds are down.
    - Where affliction can drop dots on everything that moves, Destro is probably better off focussing down single adds one at a time.
    - Keep an eye out on the gas timer. You will want to save a few resources (Embers, Shards, Fury) and time your Demon Soul when that pops up.
    - Don't forget you have some CC abilities. If a rage is pounding on a healer, get it off. I myself prefer the Shadow Fury talent for quick CC on that fight, though fears (Blood Fear, Howl, Mortal Coil, normal Fear) can help loads as well.
    - Seriously, kill adds above all else.

(I am also starting to think that the people on this site are elitist because the fights we're not as hard as I thought and we progressed farther than we ever had before apparently....though we've never beaten elegon from what I know.) Most wipes we had we're we're 2 with a ilvl 452 Frost DK filling a no-show raider >.>
    A lot of people probably did the fights with everyone in heroic blues with some odd epics thrown in. With better gear the normal fights become trivial pretty fast. For instance you can actually survive a few ticks of Resonance on Feng, you don't need to push every ounce of dps to kill adds at Gara'jal and you don't die in 3 sec when you get a bad chains at Stone Guards.

Also, a lot of guilds wipe on simple mechanics. If you have 10 people smart enough to walk out of stuff on the floor you can probably do all normal fights pretty well.

(I am also starting to think that the people on this site are elitist because the fights we're not as hard as I thought and we progressed farther than we ever had before apparently....though we've never beaten elegon from what I know.)
    My original tip (before you downed the bosses) was going to mirror your observation: Stay calm.

That said, the "elitist" point of view is that normal modes are and should a pushover, not that they are hard (you get it, then the insinuation is if you wipe to them, you are terrible, hence "elitist").

That has some truth to it. A lot of the normal mechanics are very forgiving, but some (annihilate, falling through the floor) are not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said, here's my tips:

1) Stay calm. There are a lot of unforgiving mechanics even in normals, but keep a cool head and realize that many are easily avoidable. Eventually you (and your raid) will almost memorize when these abilities are coming. If it's your first raid it may look like there is a lot going on, partly because at times there is, but you should keep your job in mind.

You can (and you will) screw up at times, again the biggest challenge is not to get psyched out and just to take a breath, head in, and repeat the fight while doing it right.

2) Elegon: Don't fall through the floor, kill your energy charges, don't get wrecked by cosmic adds, reset stacks often. Phase 3 (when the place gets all crazy lit up and looks like it's ready to blow up) is your burn phase.

3) Will: Don't stand in near the bosses (devastating arcs), kill adds as directed, and don't stand in the smashes. You will probably lust the titan gas phase.

Deleted
    (I am also starting to think that the people on this site are elitist because the fights we're not as hard as I thought
    Eh, wouldn't the Elitist crowd be claiming normals were easy? I think the hardest parts back on launch were Elegon (and to an extent, garajal) due to the enrage timers, people are capable of significantly higher dps now they're not rocking around in blues and greens.

As for Elegon, ideally be affliction, if not - at least make sure you've saved up enough embers to dps down your sparks without running out - fights easier the more spark waves you can kill.

Will - again, afflictions best, but otherwise - just don't tunnel vision. Your priority isn't to nuke the bosses, it's to make sure the adds die too. Abuse anything like DS / SB on their deaths to regen resources.

If you're gonna stay destro then remember to use havoc + CB. For elegon me sure to take MF and use RoF right before the charges spawn. Then either FNB off of elegon (I would just do conflag>incin)if you are not assigned to a specific charge or if you are assigned to a charge then dps that one and if they can put you next to someone who needs help you can havoc his spark some to help him get his down. On will I would suggest getting a mouseover macro for SB so u can snipe the low health adds to keep at full embers.