Poll: Is Mop responsible for the drop of interest in PvP from WoW sites?

Deleted

What has happened to WoW sites after MoP launch?

Before you start reading, I want to say that this is not a "WoW is dying thread", but a post about something that bothers me.

Since the MoP launch I only play pvp (despite the fact that it sucks these days) because I'm in a dead server and there are only 3-4 raiding guilds atm. The fact is that I tried to find strategies and builds for pvp in various sites (this included), even battle.net forums, arena junkies and the like and I came with almost zero results. Certainly there would be threads saying "this talent is good, this is not", but nothing like the previous years when they provided lots of information.

Personally I detest the picture I get from PvP in the 2v2 section in which I play. Basically when it is against Hunters or Warriors, it's who manages to burst down the opponent first. You get locked out from the army of CC applied to you (nets, stuns, fears, sleep) and watch your teammate die helpless.

TL/DR: Do you think that MoP killed PvP this much that there is no longer interest in it from the playerbase and the forums?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, it was this way in Cata as well. I don't think PvP has as big a committed playerbase as PvE, so there probably isn't as much theorycrafting and such with that. I'd say that in order to find info with PvP, you just gotta post in a forum like arena junkies.

PvP is a lot more fluid than PvE, in that there's not set rotations and stuff you have to use, it's more like know how your class works (which can be accomplished by reading PvE guides and forum threads) and knowing general rules for PvP (don't LoS your healer, know how to peel, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that PvP is back in WoW in a way I haven't seen since the days of Southshore v Tarren Mill. It is awesome and wonderful. Not sure where the OP plays or if they play at all (given how these forums typically are) but I encourage them to get out there and enjoy rather than moan.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you checked out the guides from Noxxic.com? They cover PvP guides quite well.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Have you checked out the guides from Noxxic.com? They cover PvP guides quite well.
    Oh yeah, this. Noxxic's PvE guides have fallen in quality, but their PvP guides are probably one of the best (albeit one of the only) choices out there.

World pvp is more active than ever!

Deleted
    Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I am not talking about World PvP. Organized pvp is my concern. World pvp although fun, is a bit too anarchic to be analyzed. The question was for sites that cover organized pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I am not talking about World PvP. Organized pvp is my concern. World pvp although fun, is a bit too anarchic to be analyzed. The question was for sites that cover organized pvp.
    And Noxxic.com does, as well. PvP...organized PvP, is something that is fairly hard to cover in the same fashion as PvE. Encounters in PvE are learned by rote and easy to memorize. The only real way to learn how to play your class in PvP and successfully beat other equal players of all other classes is to understand the other classes as well. To learn for telltale signs of buffs that could mean doom for you and countering them (like the flames around an elemental shaman that tell you their next Lava Burst will hit really really hard) or strategies that could anticipate what your opponents can do. While someone can list out what they think are the best comps to use the rest of it has to be picked up as you go along.

World of Wargraphs will help show you the % of each talent, glyph, spec..etc that was selected for each spec. Will also show you some good comps for your class, I suggest you check this website out. Another good one is Skillcapped. While if you want to create any posts, you need to be subscribed, however reading the forums is free, and are quite insightful.

As for Noxxic.... I would take it with a grain of salt. During 4.3 cata as a resto shaman, it told me NOT to select spirit link totem for a pvp build.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would an expansion be the cause of a drop in wow sites, it didnt change any fundamentals from cata. I dont know whats going on at arena junkies but the last expansion its guides were completely outdated and now there doesnt seem to be many at all.

I don't think there have been any good pvp guides in years tbh. The PVP community is generally not very big on helping each other out - especially on ArenaJunkies. I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a bad guide up on MMO though.

Deleted
    If I want to play some PvP I play League of Legends, trust me it's much better. Just look how popular are MOBA games these days, most of the playerbase came from mmos.

Doubt PvP is dead OP. It can only be better than Cataclysme anyway.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO