Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Looks great so far in aesthetics, will be very interesting to see what they make of the hardmode version

This encounter looks amazing, gives me high hopes for this raid! Can't wait to try it out myself

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    I think i might have a theory on what they're here to protect/destroy/imprison

We have seen that the Mogu can master the powers of the Sha right?

Maybe the Mogu were kept on Pandaria to keep Y'Shaarj imprisoned, like the Titans kept Yogg-Sarron in Ulduar.
    And we all know that the Sha are part of Y'Shaarj himself, thus connecting to him.

Here's the deal: the Mogu can most likely only keep Y'Shaarj imprisoned as long as the Sha are, so they had to avoid negative emotions and violence, thus war.
    This is where their tyranny begins, enslaving the races of Pandaria so they can't fight eachother (Hozen vs Jinyu etc) and thus keep order in their empire so that they can live like Gods yet still furfill their duty.

And with the Sha powers weakened by the lack of negative emotions, they're easy to control.

Untill the Mogu where overthrown by the Pandaren, although the Pandaren Emperor managed to defeat the Sha.
    That actually...makes a lot of sense.
    We never knew why the Mogu happened to be attacking Pandaria, at full force, at the same time the Sha started becoming rampant.

Consider what the one Korune says to Garrosh. How least races can not control their hatred or fear. Now, we learn in 5.2 that the Mogu acted brutal and evil because they thought they were doing the work of the titans and imposing order.

What if, the entire reason the Mogu are attacking now, is because they are trying to contain Y'Shaarj. What it the Sha are the phase an Old God goes though when they are regenerating, similar to the Naaru and their void state. The more powerful the Sha become, the more power Y'Shaarj becomes.

I honestly think well be seing an Old God this xpac.

That's actually a pretty good theory.

The Mogu are the negative / opposite side in the Ying / Yang balance of emotional control to the Pandaran empire.

The Pandaran exert emotional control through balance, harmony, meditation, etc, as reflected in their way of life. Keep the Sha suppressed by being master of your fears / negative emotions through positive control types.

The Mogu exert emotional control through dominance, strength, power. By essentially being emotionless, and controlling the Sha through negative controll types (oppression, rigid control, dominance), this would let them act as effective guardians of something that could Feed off your Negative emotions.

Of course, the Mogu were doomed to fail simply because the Negative cycle would eventually work against itself.

Deleted
    I do like Lei Shen, he shows that the Mogu are more than your average trashmobs.
    I really like the animation when he grabs those things he summons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, does anybody know the name of that raid frame in the video? That looks like a damn fine way to clean up the left of my screen.

Deleted
    We will NOT see an Old God this expac, at max just his remnants. It is stated in lore and confirmed by Blizzard that the Titans fought Y'Shaarj and this was the first and only Old God the Titans truly killed. That's how the Sha were created: the final breath of the Old God before it died. That is also the reason why the Titans decided that they couldn't kill off all the other Old Gods, as the remnants of them (on Pandaria the Sha) were at least as powerful, if not more powerful, than the Old Gods in their living state, together with the point that when all the Old Gods die, Azeroth itself will be destroyed, as the Gods linked themselves to the core of the planet in its primordial state right after its creation. It is also rumored that a Titan fell in this war against Y'Shaarj, probably in the aftermath after being affected by the Sha. If Ra-Den in ToT truly is a watcher, or even this "fallen" Titan itself remains to be seen. But a LIVING Old God is definitely NOT beneath Pandaria. Though the last Sha is also yet to be revealed. (the 7 heads of Y'Shaarj, but only 6 Sha manifestations so far - Anger, Doubt, Fear, Despair, Hatred, Violence).

Quote from WowPedia:

When the Titans brought order to Azeroth, they slew a seven-headed Old God named Y'Shaarj. However, Y'shaarj's "last, terrible breath" cursed Pandaria with the shadowy aspects of the fallen Old God, the sha. For reasons unknown, the sha lay dormant within Pandaria for many thousands of years.[5]
    There are only six known 'main' sha, though there were seven heads of Y'Shaarj. This may mean that there is another sha somewhere. Dave Kosak said in an interview that "The seven heads of Y'Shaarj breathed out the ... Seven Burdens, although that was from an early draft of the story, we really only see six sha in the game ... which have to do with the Burdens of Shaohao."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    And still he is not the real end boss of the instance. Ra-Den is. Lei Shen defeated and imprisoned Ra-Den, so it would kind of weird if Ra-Den's encounter is harder than heroic Lei Shen.
    Well let's be honest here, Lei Shen is the final boss for about 75% of the playerbase. Only the most elite will be able to defeat Ra-Den if he's anything like Algalon and Sinestra was.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    We will NOT see an Old God this expac, at max just his remnants. It is stated in lore and confirmed by Blizzard that the Titans fought Y'Shaarj and this was the first and only Old God the Titans truly killed. That's how the Sha were created: the final breath of the Old God before it died. That is also the reason why the Titans decided that they couldn't kill off all the other Old Gods, as the remnants of them (on Pandaria the Sha) were at least as powerful, if not more powerful, than the Old Gods in their living state, together with the point that when all the Old Gods die, Azeroth itself will be destroyed, as the Gods linked themselves to the core of the planet in its primordial state right after its creation. It is also rumored that a Titan fell in this war against Y'Shaarj, probably in the aftermath after being affected by the Sha. If Ra-Den in ToT truly is a watcher, or even this "fallen" Titan itself remains to be seen. But a LIVING Old God is definitely NOT beneath Pandaria. Though the last Sha is also yet to be revealed. (the 7 heads of Y'Shaarj, but only 6 Sha manifestations so far - Anger, Doubt, Fear, Despair, Hatred, Violence).

Quote from WowPedia:

When the Titans brought order to Azeroth, they slew a seven-headed Old God named Y'Shaarj. However, Y'shaarj's "last, terrible breath" cursed Pandaria with the shadowy aspects of the fallen Old God, the sha. For reasons unknown, the sha lay dormant within Pandaria for many thousands of years.[5]
    There are only six known 'main' sha, though there were seven heads of Y'Shaarj. This may mean that there is another sha somewhere. Dave Kosak said in an interview that "The seven heads of Y'Shaarj breathed out the ... Seven Burdens, although that was from an early draft of the story, we really only see six sha in the game ... which have to do with the Burdens of Shaohao."
    Good point.

But what will happen IF we defeat the 7th Sha? Maybe this will resurrect Y'Shaarj.

Deleted
    Moonkin seems hard to play /joke

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 06:39 PM ----------

Yes, Y'Shaarj has been killed but, if he's not our final "ennemy", will we have to fight a giant virmen ?
    I think that all the sha of Pandaria will merge and Y'Shaarj will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Moonkin seems hard to play /joke

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 06:39 PM ----------

Yes, Y'Shaarj has been killed but, if he's not our final "ennemy", will we have to fight a giant virmen ?
    I think that all the sha of Pandaria will merge and Y'Shaarj will be back.
    With Garrosh as his Catalyst imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    I think i might have a theory on what they're here to protect/destroy/imprison

We have seen that the Mogu can master the powers of the Sha right?

Maybe the Mogu were kept on Pandaria to keep Y'Shaarj imprisoned, like the Titans kept Yogg-Sarron in Ulduar.
    And we all know that the Sha are part of Y'Shaarj himself, thus connecting to him.

Here's the deal: the Mogu can most likely only keep Y'Shaarj imprisoned as long as the Sha are, so they had to avoid negative emotions and violence, thus war.
    This is where their tyranny begins, enslaving the races of Pandaria so they can't fight eachother (Hozen vs Jinyu etc) and thus keep order in their empire so that they can live like Gods yet still furfill their duty.
    Surpressing a large population by force is a bad way to avoid negative emotions.

The fight looks OK. Nothing impressive though. The glitter on the floor is like in Tempest Keep, except way too exaggerated.

A Chinese name for a boss. I find it as odd as if the boss was named Donald Trump or George Bush. Why give life-like names to bosses in warcraft? I want my fantasy world back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    The fight looks OK. Nothing impressive though. The glitter on the floor is like in Tempest Keep, except way too exaggerated.

A Chinese name for a boss. I find it as odd as if the boss was named Donald Trump or George Bush. Why give life-like names to bosses in warcraft? I want my fantasy world back.
    Nope, this animations are way better than anything in TK , Ulduar or ICC, sorry. As for your second point, you go around saying that alot, which is just rubbish. Last I knew, world of warcraft is listed under fantasy.

Van Cleef sends her regards. As well as the entire expansion being based in chinese mythology. Really, the strange part is that you find this strange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Surpressing a large population by force is a bad way to avoid negative emotions.
    Maybe, but if you do it quickly the worst part will be over right?
    And I think the Mogu themselves couldn't care less about their slaves.

Deleted

I doubt anyone in China is named Lei Shen, because it literally means Thunder God.
    Also, all Vrykul bosses in WotLK have life-like scandinavian names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    clip
    It's a bit low quality if you try it @ Full HD but it's a stream cut so meh. You can still sort of understand what's happening.
    Thanks! It's looking fantastic at the moment.

Wow..you are just a bundle of happiness and joy..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    A pretty raid!=a good raid.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose