Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hacktivist Group Anonymous Attacks USSC Website

Not sure how long the video itself will be up or how long the webpage will be compromised but if you're interested take a look:

United States Sentencing Commission

USSC, Google Cached

The following is the video placed on the compromised site:

The following is a second, different video released the same day:

Last edited by Dillon; 2013-01-26 at 07:20 PM.

Ballsy move...

Yea I think I'm going to call bs on most of their claims on that video...
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-26 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Just talked to a friend about this, pretty crazy
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

10+ Year Old Account
    so what site did they ddos this time?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so what site did they ddos this time?
    Doesn't look like a DDoS to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Did, they just say there is a nuke code out in the public's grasp? WTF
    It sounded like a metaphor for the large package of "secrets" they seem to have, which is encrypted and they're threatening to release the key. Sounds similar to that whole climategate thing.
    Last edited by Dillon; 2013-01-26 at 07:44 AM.

Apparently they'll be leaking portions of it to different outlets.

I personally don't believe a word of it.

Regardless, they'll have hell to pay soon.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Apparently they'll be leaking portions of it to different outlets.

I personally don't believe a word of it.

Regardless, they'll have hell to pay soon.
    They said it's already out there and there isn't anything anyone can do about it. Basically the puzzle has been made. All it needs to someone to put it together.

God, I hope I don't wake up to a nuclear winter.. sometime soon.

I think worse than a nuclear explosion is the wide spread paranoia that it CAN happen.

Wide spread paranoia means "terrorists can get nukes". "Terrorists" nowadays seems to mean any country in the Middle East or Pakistan/Afghanistan. Which means that if they really did what they said, then they've basically given the West/US more of an excuse to invade those nations/encroach on our liberties.

So what they just did is a lose-lose situation for the American people and counter to everything they claim to want.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-26 at 07:51 AM.

Well time to bust out my Fallout survival pack and building a bunker so brb :P Well I must say it's entertaining none the least.

Well, the problem is, this time they might not be joking.

Because if that is the case, fucking shit this is huge.

Pretty interesting, anyone care to elaborate on what their metaphor is referring to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the problem is, this time they might not be joking.

Because if that is the case, fucking shit this is huge.
    We have enough fissile material for multiple warheads. Today we are launching the first of these. Operation Last Resort has begun...

Warhead - U S - D O J - L E A - 2013 . A E E 256 is primed and armed. It has been quietly distributed to numerous mirrors over the last few days and is available for download from this website now. We encourage all Anonymous to syndicate this file as widely as possible.

The contents are various and we won't ruin the speculation by revealing them. Suffice it to say, everyone has secrets, and some things are not meant to be public. At a regular interval commencing today, we will choose one media outlet and supply them with heavily redacted partial contents of the file. Any media outlets wishing to be eligible for this program must include within their reporting a means of secure communications.
    There's nothing in here about nuke codes. Probably a poor choice of words to say "fissile", even metaphorically.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostys99 View Post
    Pretty interesting, anyone care to elaborate on what their metaphor is referring to?
    It seems they're implying they have a bunch of information not meant to be public, about numerous things. They appear to be vague about its contents intentionally.

Yeah what Dillon said, it's not actual codes to set a nuke off as in that would be completely dumb. They have access to sensitive info that could supposedly start a poo flinging fight.

If you look on the USSC site they seem to describe warhead, which refers to a supreme court justice. Guessing they have dirt or other information on each.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    There's nothing in here about nuke codes. Probably a poor choice of words to say "fissile", even metaphorically.
    Got it, so basically, information that doesn't want to be released. Is going to be released.

Maybe it's big, wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    so.... looks like they want America to make the internet a bit less... open
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So what is it that's being "quietly distributed to numerous mirrors". Cause their sentence structure implies it's the warhead. And I'm not entirely sure how a single warhead, that's supposedly primed and armed, can be distributed to multiple places.

Either way, they DID say they have a warhead primed. I mean, that's gotta count for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So what is it that's being "quietly distributed to numerous mirrors". Cause their sentence structure implies it's the warhead. And I'm not entirely sure how a single warhead, that's supposedly primed and armed, can be distributed to multiple places.

Either way, they DID say they have a warhead primed. I mean, that's gotta count for something.
    It seems to be part of the key to, or the actual file, of sensitive information that is being distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    so.... looks like they want America to make the internet a bit less... open
    The only thing I see to come of this will be more demands for restrictions on the internet, which will only make people like Anonymous more angry. I could see how this could end up backfiring.

So much is wrong in the US at the moment.