Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy Anonymous again. They always have some scary video that ends up being nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 03:35 AM ----------

Also the people who actually think Anonymous could have gotten America's codes for their Nuclear arsenal(which i doubt anonymous was referring to) greatly overestimate anonymous's capabilities and greatly underestimate the US governments security. And honestly if Anonymous released them, they would be the dumbest people on earth.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    The thing is, focused-issue fights like this are all well and good, but they don't get to the root of the problem: over-involvement of government in everyday life, allowed by a public that is simply ignorant of their public servants' actions.
    What about the problems of individual people deciding that their personal interpretations and beliefs supersede the law of the land, which despite your griping is fully constitutional?

Quote Originally Posted by Yondame View Post
    Try having a open mind for more then 30 seconds of yourl ife, you'd get the video and what Anonymous has done in the past.
    Do the technological equivalent of tearing down the CIA's posters and running away snickering?

I remember seeing the stories about their "attacks" on websites a few months ago, but from what I read many were discrediting it because it was a DDoS attack or something along those lines (I have no idea about what they really do or how). Anyways, I was just wondering: is Anon is actually as badass as they make themselves out to be?

I'm guessing no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntimidate View Post
    I remember seeing the stories about their "attacks" on websites a few months ago, but from what I read many were discrediting it because it was a DDoS attack or something along those lines (I have no idea about what they really do or how). Anyways, I was just wondering: is Anon is actually as badass as they make themselves out to be?

I'm guessing no.
    Go to the website and see for yourself
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

10+ Year Old Account

I'm guessing no.
    Lol! Not at all... They talk a big game with scary ominous videos but they don't do much. Anyone can claim they are with anonymous and do stuff under their name.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    What about the problems of individual people deciding that their personal interpretations and beliefs supersede the law of the land, which despite your griping is fully constitutional?
    The constitution was created to serve the people. When it no longer performs that role, it no longer serves it purpose and thus needs to be changed or scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    Go to the website and see for yourself
    It seemed like people were saying Anon pulled off simple methods and took down sites only for a few hours back when I first heard of them. I would imagine taking over a government website is not easy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    The constitution was created to serve the people. When it no longer performs that role, it no longer serves it purpose and thus needs to be changed or scrapped.
    To put it more plainly: When the government starts to overstep its bounds or stops doing its duty, that's where the Second Amendment comes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believing and deciding is perfectly fine because I don't believe in thought-crimes, but an action that violates law will inexorably be punished by the criminal justice system, whether unconstitutional or otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if anyone here is bored, go to the video on youtube and read some comments. It's great
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    Blissful ignorance of the purpose of the constitution aside.... you're acting off of an extremely, extremely selective viewpoint in what is going "Wrong" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Believing and deciding is perfectly fine because I don't believe in thought-crimes, but an action that violates law will inexorably be punished by the criminal justice system, whether unconstitutional or otherwise.
    Did I ever mention thought crimes?

This video explains why Anonymous hacked and defaced the United States Sentencing Commission(ussc.gov)

It seemed like people were saying Anon pulled off simple methods and took down sites only for a few hours back when I first heard of them. I would imagine taking over a government website is not easy though.
    Ya, they slowly grew. The site has been theirs for many hours now, and is still up and able to be loaded. Pretty good considering the government is probably working nonstop to get control back and it has taken at least 2 hours so far.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I ever mention thought crimes?
    No, it was a statement I made on my own, rejecting the idea of them. You don't have to get pissy.

'Taking over' ussc.gov is akin to stealing a STOP sign...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, they slowly grew. The site has been theirs for many hours now, and is still up and able to be loaded. Pretty good considering the government is probably working nonstop to get control back and it has taken at least 2 hours so far.
    But this isn't getting a message out... You could poll 1000 random people and ask them what the USSC is and i bet 95% of them would have 0 idea. And even if some people knew would they ever go on the website? I can't think of one good reason to go on there... So the audience they are reaching is forum kids like us and reddit. Mainstream will find out if the media runs a story on this but i doubt it will get any national attention UNLESS they actually have the dirty details they claim to have and release them. But holding a website does nothing. Unless it's like facebook or google....

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 04:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    'Taking over' ussc.gov is akin to stealing a STOP sign...
    Exactly. More like one of those signs with the curvy road symbol. Most people don't know what it means,
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    But this isn't getting a message out... You could poll 1000 random people and ask them what the USSC is and i bet 95% of them would have 0 idea. And even if some people knew would they ever go on the website? I can't think of one good reason to go on there... So the audience they are reaching is forum kids like us and reddit. Mainstream will find out if the media runs a story on this but i doubt it will get any national attention UNLESS they actually have the dirty details they claim to have and release them. But holding a website does nothing. Unless it's like facebook or google....

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 04:02 AM ----------

Exactly. More like one of those signs with the curvy road symbol. Most people don't know what it means,
    Taking down and controlling a government website isn't newsworthy? You must be joking to believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking down and controlling a government website isn't newsworthy? You must be joking to believe that.
    Oh please. Do you really think the government is putting huge security behind some insignificant website? NO ONE VISITS IT EVER! I'd be impressed if Anonymous really has info on the government though.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Oh please. Do you really think the government is putting huge security behind some insignificant website? NO ONE VISITS IT EVER! I'd be impressed if Anonymous really has info on the government though.
    If they did, I'm sure the government would take them more seriously and prosecute up the butt.

Maybe insignificant, but it is still a government website. That alone makes it newsworthy. Yes I am interested to see in the next few weeks what comes of the information they claim to have.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    If they did, I'm sure the government would take them more seriously and prosecute up the butt.
    Got to find them to prosecute them. They say they have been in this process for more than 2 weeks. If that is the case than the government either ignored it or could not find out/did not know what was happening and where it was coming from.