Deleted

PTR: What is VP used on in 5.2?

Like the title asks, since they've removed upgrading in 5.2 what is the current model for spending VP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I know, the current valor gear gets cheaper, with new gear available from the new factions (Sunreaver/Kirin Tor and new Shado-Pan faction). Also upgrading will eventually be brought back in some manner, so possibly valor can be spent on that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Far as I know, the current valor gear gets cheaper, with new gear available from the new factions (Sunreaver/Kirin Tor and new Shado-Pan faction). Also upgrading will eventually be brought back in some manner, so possibly valor can be spent on that as well.
    From what I just read there is no new gear from the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    From what I just read there is no new gear from the dailies.
    I think he means that these are the factions you need rep with to get the new VP gear, assuming 5.2 uses the same VP gear model that MOP has so far

To buy ilvl 522 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    To buy ilvl 522 gear.
    522 gear is Throne of Thunder raid gear. There is no new gear coming out that we can purchase with VP. Only 5.0 and 5.1 gear. New rep factions will not have valor gear to buy with VP. The big question everyone is asking is what is the point of valor in 5.2 since you cannot buy anything new or item upgrade via points.

There is new valor gear in 5.2 it's just not from dailies faction(sunreaver/kirin tor) but from the raid instance faction(shado-pan assault).

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    522 gear is Throne of Thunder raid gear. There is no new gear coming out that we can purchase with VP. Only 5.0 and 5.1 gear. New rep factions will not have valor gear to buy with VP. The big question everyone is asking is what is the point of valor in 5.2 since you cannot buy anything new or item upgrade via points.
    That is wrong. Only the daily faction has no valor gear (Kirin Tor Offensive/Sunreaver Onslaught); the raid faction (Shado Pan Assault) does. And their gear is what you spend your valor on.

Deleted
    522 Shado Pan Assault Gear

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    So you have to do Normal/HC ToT for reputation, to access VP vendor?
    No you get rep from LFR as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    That is wrong. Only the daily faction has no valor gear (Kirin Tor Offensive/Sunreaver Onslaught); the raid faction (Shado Pan Assault) does. And their gear is what you spend your valor on.
    So as soon as you have full normal raid gear the VP will become useless.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-01-26 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    So as soon as you are decked out in full normal raid gear the VP will become useless.
    Well, yes, but that is how it always was, in every single patch since the addition of gear for currency except for 5.1; and by the time people are fully equipped with 522 gear, 5.3 will most likely be released and reintroduce item upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes, but that is how it always was, in every single patch since the addition of gear for currency except for 5.1; and by the time people are fully equipped with 522 gear, 5.3 will most likely be released and reintroduce item upgrades.
    Except that you could at least buy BoE items with your valor and either sell them or give them to alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you get rep from LFR as well.
    I'm glad that's the case, but it is also a bit curious. Since you can run as many LFR runs you want, rep is probably a lot lower then in LFR ?

So as soon as you have full normal raid gear the VP will become useless.
    Just like in 5.0.

Except that you could at least buy BoE items with your valor and either sell them or give them to alts.
    And you know this is not the case this time because...?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I'm glad that's the case, but it is also a bit curious. Since you can run as many LFR runs you want, rep is probably a lot lower then in LFR ?
    After a certain threshold, reputation is only gained on boss kills. In LFR, this reputation might very well work like loot by being only awarded for the first kill per week. There has been no information given about this yet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Just like in 5.0.
    Yes, and that was a problem with 5.0, which they fixed in 5.1 by introducing the upgrade system.

If they take away the upgrade system they should at least add a couple of BoE items you could buy with Valor, like they have done in previous expansions.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 02:41 PM ----------

And you know this is not the case this time because...?
    I don't, I'm just guessing. But I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't add something like that since they didn't have those items for 5.0/5.1.

Deleted
    Yes, and that was a problem with 5.0, which they fixed in 5.1 by introducing the upgrade system.

If they take away the upgrade system they should at least add a couple of BoE items you could buy with Valor, like they have done in previous expansions.
    And you know they are very likely bringing back the upgrade system in 5.3?

You know that is the entire plan right?

Raid Patch = No upgrade system, but loot with Valor.

Non Raid Patch = Upgrade gear with Valor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buremarey View Post
    The big question everyone is asking is what is the point of valor in 5.2 since you cannot buy anything new or item upgrade via points.
    Perhaps if you'd read the thread, people have clearly said you'll be able to buy VP items from the Faction you gain rep with inside the raid - not the daily quests or anything like that.

Changing every single slot for ilvl 522 items is going to take a while, it always has been and always will be.
    So you'll most likely spend you VP on 2/3 items which you mean close to 2 months of farming and maybe there will be 5.3 at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You use them by Raiding, the New rep that includes epics is a Raid rep, so you'll run the new raid and get rep from bosses and possibly trash. I dont expect it to be like the ICC rep, where you can just run trash runs and get revered in no time. Just in case, you dont actually raid, yes you will be able to get it from LFR.