Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Kind of feel sorry for the devs at this point. Angry people with no idea of how the game works or should be run are drowning out the voices of the actual playerbase..
    Indeed. Especially those who have quit but feel like they still have to linger around like some lost soul, endlessly whining
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-26 at 07:59 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    So, people complains about the high CC there is, they make some changes to Silences and Cyclon (which, at least this last one, was really needed) and now they go back? Sometimes i dont understand what they are doing...
    You would if you actually read their tweets and posts.

Change CS and Spell Lock, and they would have to nerf healing (too many instant cast heals at the moment). Too many changes, to too many classes. Fix it they will, but not in the middle of an expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm a bit confused by the first quote.

Is the 480 requirement they're referring to for the new LFR, or for getting rep from sunsong/etc? O_o Seems like they randomly transitioned into talking about other things.

I still think 480 is a bit too high for the new LFR. Thinking 478 would be better.

There's not 483s in every slot for every spec available from HoF/ToES, making the current valor gear pretty much required to enter the new LFR, which is going against their philosophy that that gear is optional. And if we aren't lucky, we could literally spend a year waiting for a piece of gear to drop in LFR to bump our ilvl up from say 479 to 480. Who's to say a piece of gear you don't already have will drop, if anything at all?
    Heh. 480 is actually the nerfed requirement. 486 was the original. Players told them they were nuts, so they changed it.

woot more ways to earn rep

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So, now you can earn a thousand reputation from doing a couple of instances.
    Only a matter of hours before people will start demanding lesser charms too without setting foot outside of capitals.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    - We are reverting the removal of Spell Lock.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    - We are reverting the removal of Improved Counterspell.
    Hahaha! ()

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Kind of feel sorry for the devs at this point. Angry people with no idea of how the game works or should be run are drowning out the voices of the actual playerbase..
    I would feel sorry for them if they had designed good solid core systems for MOP. They did not and thats why they are forced to chop and change now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Indeed. Especially those who have quit but feel like they still have to linger around like some lost soul, endlessly whining
    Those that have quit did so for a reason. Some of us actually want the game to improve but Blizzard are just going the totally wrong way about it.

It doesn't take a genius to see the disaster incoming. Just take a quick look over the spells and how gear scales with it. Then look at the healers that were "balanced" based mostly on mana starving in 5.0 and 5.2 that now will have more mana to use the more powerfull spells. Thing is... only some classes have those abilites while others don't.

Best way to go for Blizzard is to revert to the old balanced ilvl and focus on good content. Sadly they can not do it cause the core systems in start of MOP were so bad that they can't make it through this expansion without changing them.

Deleted
    Blizzard actually whining because not enough people are playing PvP on the PTR?

I'm currently unable to queue for anything (arenas included) and before they bugged my queue, i was only meeting monks who could go invincible for ever.

wtf?

Deleted
    That Draenei Paladin art is absolutely awesome, it makes me want to roll one! xD and the Dwarf burning his dead friend looks really sad....

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Well the more I bother with the "legendary" quest chain, the more I realize how completely useless the journey is. If my Sha-Touched weapon will become useless in 5.2, why the hell was I doing the quests for the Black Prince in the first place. I bet the final prize will be awesome, but in the meanwhile, spending over 30k gold on the (+500stat gems and sockets) to upgrade the weapons (LFR/Normal/Heroic) now seems like a complete and utter waste and I wouldn't have done it after the first gem, if Blizzard would come out sooner and say "hey, those weapons you have there, are only gonna be good until 5.2, where other weapons will be better".

I really expected maybe an upgrade for the said weapons or a new set of Sha-Touched thingies.
    Well if they had new Sha Touched Weapons you would have to spend another 10k gold for the next upgrade and every upgrade after than. Technically this decision is saving you gold.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I was wondering what you were doing with the talent "Deadly Reach" for monks. I see that "Ring of Peace" has replaced it, but does that mean you will be making paralysis always have a 20 yard range, or will it just be it's normal melee range? Obviously this isn't a huge issue, I was simply curious. I liked the talent "Deadly Reach", but it by no means ruins the class for me to not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I would feel sorry for them if they had designed good solid core systems for MOP. They did not and thats why they are forced to chop and change now.

Those that have quit did so for a reason. Some of us actually want the game to improve but Blizzard are just going the totally wrong way about it.

It doesn't take a genius to see the disaster incoming. Just take a quick look over the spells and how gear scales with it. Then look at the healers that were "balanced" based mostly on mana starving in 5.0 and 5.2 that now will have more mana to use the more powerfull spells. Thing is... only some classes have those abilites while others don't.

Best way to go for Blizzard is to revert to the old balanced ilvl and focus on good content. Sadly they can not do it cause the core systems in start of MOP were so bad that they can't make it through this expansion without changing them.
    Couldn't of said it any better myself

I will not say that blizzard made no mistakes in MoP but I feel that they have made a great sucess.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I will not say that blizzard made no mistakes in MoP but I feel that they have made a great sucess.
    I agree. When people start caring only for gear, they are so negative they will find something bad about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm a bit confused by the first quote.

Is the 480 requirement they're referring to for the new LFR, or for getting rep from sunsong/etc? O_o Seems like they randomly transitioned into talking about other things.

I still think 480 is a bit too high for the new LFR. Thinking 478 would be better.

There's not 483s in every slot for every spec available from HoF/ToES, making the current valor gear pretty much required to enter the new LFR, which is going against their philosophy that that gear is optional. And if we aren't lucky, we could literally spend a year waiting for a piece of gear to drop in LFR to bump our ilvl up from say 479 to 480. Who's to say a piece of gear you don't already have will drop, if anything at all?

480 is about right, mv required 460 , hof and terrace required 470, so its natural new thunder lfr will be 480, when ptr came out it was set to 486 but wasn't finalized atm, only people that wanted level required to stay at 486 or go even higher were trolls which is nothing new.
    Last edited by asphyx5; 2013-01-27 at 05:33 AM.

Rep from lfr and lfd now the way to exatled is even more easy. Awesome artwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokeguy View Post
    LFR is horrid at best, im tired of grinding dailies every single day just to get charms that when i use in lfr just gives me more gold which isnt enough to cover the repair cost for wipes. The people in these lfr groups are some of the worst people ive seen with horrible language as well as manners. It takes me almost 7 ques to get a full clear of terrace and hof just for one toon.

Going back to play league of legends till this &*^# gets fixed. DOUBLE IP WEEKEND!!!!!
    Ive only had 2 bad groups that couldn't down a boss within 2 kills this entire xpac. I guess your just not lucky. As a dps lfr queues are about 25-40 mins. and the average lfr takes about 45 mins to 1 hour. for 80 valor and a purple/gold among other things they are offering in the loot bags come 5.2, lfr will be well worth it imo. I know its not the most fun thing in the world, but its better that it exists then if it didn't.

Deleted
    Why do they even listen to these people? The MoP factions are a completely optional feature, you don't need them to be able to progress in raids... I for one love how they for the first time since this game's creation created an actual coherent story tied into the reputations, instead of either grinding the same items from the same mobs until you can do enough turn-ins (vanilla) or until you had done the exact same set of dailies for a certain amount of days (BC) or until you grinded enough 5-mans that you were going to do anyway (wotlk/cata), and I'm sure I'm not alone on this one. It's so sad that they aren't given the appreciation they deserve by what I think is the vast majority of the playerbase, people who aren't crying about their entitlement issues, simply because they are content and feel no reason to voice their opinion.

I mean, this game still has a lot of awesome people playing it, and I am confident the spirit of the game will never quite die, as some of the wow-apocalypse-prophets seem to believe. However, it is just so tiring for me to see these overentitled people who for some reason won't acknowledge the great that mists brought into this game. For the first time in a while there is truly optional content that you can occupy yourself with instead of getting bored with the game. Sure, this impedes on some peoples habit of cultivating alt characters and doing most if not all things they have done on their mains on them aswell, but isn't that the point of a character? That you have to put in effort into it, to have something that you can actually feel accomplished about?

This went on for longer than I expected, but too many drops make a cup overflow, and seeing people still not content, calling blizzard out for not knowing what they are doing despite giving the same overentitled people something I firmly believe they don't even deserve makes me sick.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Сайт прогноза погоды, какой лучше?

Какой сайт прогноза погоды Вы считаете самым адекватным, самым правдивым?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I agree. When people start caring only for gear, they are so negative they will find something bad about everything.
    It has nothing to do with just gear. This has to do with balance. Core balance based on roles. Blizzard got it horribly wrong.

It has nothing to do with just gear. This has to do with balance. Core balance based on roles. Blizzard got it horribly wrong.
    Again, when your whole motivation for this game is gear gear gear, then you become a whiny baby when trying to "give feedback"