Poll: would you still play demon hunter if it didnt have meta

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If demon hunter didnt have meta would you still play one.

the lore for meta states that illidan didnt achieve it until he got the skull of gul'dan which means it only happened about 30 years ago, there were lots of demon hunters running around for 10k years before that happened so its unlikely that they would know how to do it and most of them have probably never even met illidan.

so if blizz used that as the excuse to let demo keep meta would you still play a demon hunter?

if you are one of the few that dont want demon hunters or wouldnt play them please dont vote. this is to see if those who do want demon hunters would complain alot if they didnt get them which is the main argument for them not to be added to the game.

everything else about the demon hunter would be the same, the look, the feel, everything would be demon hunter the only difference is that one spell.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Play but will QQ until they add it. How they even knew how to be DH if they didn't met Iliidan? He was the one who paved the way.. So, you want Blizzard to say that "you are weakest group of DH lorewise that couldn't achieved ultimate ability of DH so you won't have meta"?
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-01-26 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Play but will QQ until they add it. How they even knew how to be DH if they didn't met Iliidan? He was the one who paved the way..
    most demon hunters never met illidan. they copied him and some of the earlier ones probably met him but i can copy a famous person and have never met that person.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    most demon hunters never met illidan. they copied him and some of the earlier ones probably met him but i can copy a famous person and have never met that person.
    There's no source on this.

There's no source on this.
    the lore for demon hunters is that they emulated illidan and came up with their own ways of recreating how he obtained his original powers... thats always been lore. you do not need to know exactly how someone does something to try to emulate them. demon hunters have been around since after the sundering and were essential in cleaning up the remaining demons. illidan was imprisoned pretty much right after the sundering due to him trying to make a new well of eternity. he wasnt let out till around 30 years ago.

it would be virtually impossible for illidan to teach more than a handful of demon hunters before he was imprisoned.

Deleted
    I mean I cant even imagine such a terrible thing :P. I see your point that meta only appeared after Illidan and its valid but if we were to play a DH after Illidan than surely metamorph should be something achievable by regular DHs I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    I mean I cant even imagine such a terrible thing :P. I see your point that meta only appeared after Illidan and its valid but if we were to play a DH after Illidan than surely metamorph should be something achievable by regular DHs I think.
    still i see blizzard using this as a reason if they decided not to give them meta. removing meta would make the warlocks angry. but i think they could get away with not giving it to demon hunters.

and meta is typically the main reason anyone ever says demon hunters arent possible. if i can prove that the uproar over them not having it isnt as huge as they say then it would prove they are just as viable as they ever were to be added in

the lore for meta states that illidan didnt achieve it until he got the skull of gul'dan which means it only happened about 30 years ago, there were lots of demon hunters running around for 10k years before that happened so its unlikely that they would know how to do it and most of them have probably never even met illidan.

so if blizz used that as the excuse to let demo keep meta would you still play a demon hunter?

if you are one of the few that dont want demon hunters or wouldnt play them please dont vote. this is to see if those who do want demon hunters would complain alot if they didnt get them which is the main argument for them not to be added to the game.

everything else about the demon hunter would be the same, the look, the feel, everything would be demon hunter the only difference is that one spell.

I know that is not what you asked but what is stopping Blizzard from resurrecting Illidan and let him be the headteacher? They will have a special zone that all demon hunters go back to train such like Moonglade for druids and Ebon Hold for deathKnights?

the lore for demon hunters is that they emulated illidan and came up with their own ways of recreating how he obtained his original powers... thats always been lore. you do not need to know exactly how someone does something to try to emulate them. demon hunters have been around since after the sundering and were essential in cleaning up the remaining demons. illidan was imprisoned pretty much right after the sundering due to him trying to make a new well of eternity. he wasnt let out till around 30 years ago.

it would be virtually impossible for illidan to teach more than a handful of demon hunters before he was imprisoned.
    Yes, Illidan couldn't possibly train so many DHs but DHs population is so few in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    I know that is not what you asked but what is stopping Blizzard from resurrecting Illidan and let him be the headteacher? They will have a special zone that all demon hunters go back to train such like Moonglade for druids and Ebon Hold for deathKnights?
    theres nothing stopping them. personally i wouldnt mind if they either gave demon hunters meta outright or gave them a different version that worked differently from warlocks. however everytime the topic of demon hunter pops up one of the few reasons for people not thinking they'll be added is that they wouldnt work with meta or if they didnt have it that people would complai nso much that it wouldnt be worth it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 08:44 AM ----------

Yes, Illidan couldn't possibly train so many DHs but DHs population is so few in the first place.
    yes they were a niche group and outcasts but they were still a sizeable force. unless they were all playing hide and go seek they wouldve had to recruit alot of new night elves or else they wouldve died out before warcraft 3

still i see blizzard using this as a reason if they decided not to give them meta. removing meta would make the warlocks angry. but i think they could get away with not giving it to demon hunters.

and meta is typically the main reason anyone ever says demon hunters arent possible. if i can prove that the uproar over them not having it isnt as huge as they say then it would prove they are just as viable as they ever were to be added in
    You can't really prove that meta isn't huge part of DH's identity. Blizzard has portray it as such It's almost what define them. Fighting demon with demon itself and Metamorphosis is pinacle of their evolution. I want DH so bad but it must come with meta.

Deleted
    Since 95% of the people who wants DH is to emulate Illidan .. no i dont think that would go well.

You can't really prove that meta isn't huge part of DH's identity. Blizzard has portray it as such It's almost what define them. Fighting demon with demon itself and Metamorphosis is pinacle of their evolution. I want DH so bad but it must come with meta.
    still they dont have to give them the spell. if they have to give it to them they could make it entirely different or make it vanity. have them grow wings or horns over time. or have them have special hands and feet that are clawed

Deleted

lol I actually think that there can be two shades of grey in the case of metamorph. I think locks could keep their meta and demon huters could get a more specialized version, similar to druids. They would use it as cooldowns by achieving full resource cap. But honestly, I dont think Blizzard would get away with taking meta from DHs. After all, it was their signature move since 4ever...

Deleted
    Of course not. The metamorphosis is what makes a demon hunter a demon hunter. Without it, it's not a Demon Hunter at all, just some random shirtless douche.

still they dont have to give them the spell. if they have to give it to them they could make it entirely different or make it vanity. have them grow wings or horns over time. or have them have special hands and feet that are clawed
    What's wrong with changing Warlock spell? Meta belongs to DHs in the first place. To have permanent demon appearance like you said require you to consume an artifact of great power lore wise.

What's wrong with changing Warlock spell? Meta belongs to DHs in the first place. To have permanent demon appearance like you said require you to consume an artifact of great power lore wise.
    because warlocks would probably flip out. and from what ive seen in this thread so far most people wouldnt care to much if they didnt get it

because warlocks would probably flip out. and from what ive seen in this thread so far most people wouldnt care to much if they didnt get it
    hmm look at posts again. All people here said that Blizz couldn't really get away with it if they add DH without meta just because they voted yes doesn't mean they won't QQ. i will play DH too even without meta but blizzard will get a lot of shit from me and many DH fans for sure.

hmm look at posts again. All people here said that Blizz couldn't really get away with it if they add DH without meta just because they voted yes doesn't mean they won't QQ. i will play DH too even without meta but blizzard will get a lot of shit from me and many DH fans for sure.
    yes is currently winning.

Deleted
    yes is currently winning.
    1 hour long poll in mmo-champion is a 100% view of what WoW's playerbase wants...

Yep..

No , as stated , people want dh for being like Illidan.

Take away meta, and you take away Illidan.