Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    You have 3 pretty well balanced classes for PVP of course it's going to be fun for you. For everyone else playing ele shamans, boomkins, shadowpriests, ret pallies, etc it's not so fun. Sorry to pop your bubble.
    Lol, shadowpriests are in a bad spot in PvP? Right....
    Anyhoo, trying to finish this up on my rogue. Going on my 11th Temple of Kotumogu run because the horde has had straight pre-mades all day.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Even with a somewhat crappy win/loss ratio in those battlegrounds, it's really no different than the RNG that accompanies the raid drops. So even if you have to do them 2, 3 -- hell, even 10 or more times, it's functionally identical to random chance on a raid drop from a boss.

People who refuse to do PvP need to stop being so stubborn; it's not a badge of honour to claim you haven't done PvP in X amount of time -- it means that you aren't as good at this game as you think you are, if you can only play half of it well.

Having said that, I don't think anyone who is any good at this game is complaining; it's the bads.
    Wow, nice Ad Hominem!
    Nah cupcake, it's as simple as this: I don't have PvP gear. Neither do alot of the people currently trying to get this done.
    This is bad for multiple reasons:
    1. No one wants half the members on their team in PvE gear.
    2. It's no fun to go and get roflstomped into the ground, potentially many times.
    3. I daresay most people aren't going to go and farm gear to try to get said BG's done.
    Saying that anyone who doesn't like PvP is bad is well, frankly, stupid.

Pvp without any pvp gear vs the kind on pvp gear currently out there is not fun. It doesn't encourage anyone to get involved in pvp.

The crafted pvp gear provides roughly the defense of a tissue paper bikini. All this stage does is provide frustration (pvp players doing like "scrubs" without pvp gear, pve players don't like playing the part of cannon fodder, and the few people who raid and pvp are constantly having to provide premades to carry guildmates with no gear - specific queues no conquest points). Tell me, who is winning here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky when I did it, got some good groups and got my two wins in 3 total BGs done. This being with zero PVP gear, and not had anything to do with PVP in two expansions.

That said, I do find it sort of annoying that it's part of such an important PVE quest line, but then, so has that one children's week achieve been for years, and look how little changed there... So all in all, an annoyance to be sure, but one you're just going to have to live with if you want that socket.

Because the story is about the feuding Horde and Alliance and Wrathion wants to weed out the weak and gear up the strongest for the impending doom coming to Azeroth.