Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Everyone and their brother will be PvPing in BGs in 5.2 (for the welfare honor gear), so don't worry about it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    yes. I'd rather do something I enjoy many times than do something I dislike once
    besides, have you ever tried pvp as a prot warrior?
    thats like my job in pvp
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

completely agree, it's a PVE quest line (with the irrational exception of this quest) with PVE rewards for raiding. imagine how PVP'ers would react if they had to clear ToES normal or heroic to get the best PVP weapons for example
    personally I don't enjoy PVP, I'm not even fond of PVE dps on my warrior and prot has been useless in battlegrounds for years
    You are comparing 2 BG's to doing a full clear of a normal or heroic raid... lol.... that's funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Because it's a legendary questline, requiring you to go above and beyond what is usually expected from quests?
    Pretty much this.

You need to show yourself to be worthy of the weapon by being able to handle both PvE and PvP, at least to some extent.

You should do some PvP anyway. It's a cruel but effective teacher that shows you a lot of things about your class that you may not even think about if you only PvE. Movement, defenses, burst, timing, CC - all those help you to perform better in PvE, especially in raids where being a clumsy keyboard turner will lead to wipes.

Decent PvP performance usually means better PvE performance as well - unless you are one of those PvP only -fanatics & hardcore wannabes who then suck balls at PvE and die from the first special ability.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-01-30 at 01:44 AM.

If legendary weapons were easy to get then they wouldn't be legendary. Buy some crafted gear and win those 2 matches. I don't see why you are complaining about the shortest and easiest part of the whole legendary questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The questline forces you to do it. You either pvp or you get nothing.
    Well I know a lot of people who don't like leveling. All those quests that ask you to do things like kill 10 boars... Are you FORCED to go kill 10 boars? Absolutely not. You can choose to not do it and not get the xp or item reward. Nobody is FORCING you to do a questline. you are choosing to do it all on your own. You are exactly right. You either pvp or you get nothing. That is your choice. There are quests that tell you to go dig through poop in the game. Are they forcing you to go do it? Absolutely not. Anything in game is a choice. You are not forced to play this game, you are not forced to level, you are not forced to quest, you are not forced to do dailies, you are not forced to do bgs, raid, level professions. Get over it.

Deleted
    Complaining about doing 2 BGs to progress a quest would be the same as PvPers whining about having to reach level 10 to enter a battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Complaining about doing 2 BGs to progress a quest would be the same as PvPers whining about having to reach level 10 to enter a battleground.
    Except reaching level 10 takes longer :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone mentioned yet that they're probably the two easiest BGs, as well?

There is no point capture, flag capping, strategic guarding... they're both basically murderfests. You defend a slowly moving cart and make sure no one changes the stupid track. And then you and your entire team sit in a small square, either killing people with lights on them or defending them.

In any case, when I went in, every other person was in there for the same reason. I counted a total of one person in pvp gear (as in, noticeable difference when attacking them.) It took 3 silvershard tries and one Temple try for me to get it.

And finally: Get 5 of your guildies to all do it at once. Even if you're in PvE gear, you'll probably stomp the other teams if you're organized.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    The chapter 2 doenst look PvE at all
    First you have to help to your faction force to estabish a camp.Then you earn reputation by killing other faction mobs and players in the teritory not anywhere else then you have to kill other faction land eader which on more balanced realms can be hard .The only PVE thing here is to earn 6000 valor points

what most of the PVP defenders seem to be overlooking is that non-PVPers will not have ANY PVP gear at all. entering a battleground with 0 resilience and 0 pvp power, it doesn't matter on your class or spec, you will be pretty much useless. a healer may be able to get out a few heals to help the team but the enemy team will almost certainly go straight for the healers and having no resilience the healer will die very, very quickly. dps or 'flag carrier' tanks won't last long either unless they're fortunate enough that their opposition are mostly PVE'ers as well

what most of the PVP defenders seem to be overlooking is that non-PVPers will not have ANY PVP gear at all. entering a battleground with 0 resilience and 0 pvp power, it doesn't matter on your class or spec, you will be pretty much useless. a healer may be able to get out a few heals to help the team but the enemy team will almost certainly go straight for the healers and having no resilience the healer will die very, very quickly. dps or 'flag carrier' tanks won't last long either unless they're fortunate enough that their opposition are mostly PVE'ers as well
    Actually, you have 40% resilience baseline now.

Well it depends on the realmpool.

In my realmpool, Kotmogu is mostly a win on alliance side, but the mine is 99% a lose to the horde.

So it took me 2 Kotmogus, but more than 20 Mines to get them done while the quest was new. Most of the players (horde and alliance) were 8 out of 10 people in PVE gear. Out of those 8, half the players had raid gear and close to 400k life, the other ones had under 300k life.

One useful tip: Get 3 friends: a ranged, a healer and yourself as DD/tank/whatever with some decent PVP gear and nuke the shit out of everyone else. especially when you're in Teamspeak.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    Well it depends on the realmpool.

In my realmpool, Kotmogu is mostly a win on alliance side, but the mine is 99% a lose to the horde.

So it took me 2 Kotmogus, but more than 20 Mines to get them done while the quest was new. Most of the players (horde and alliance) were 8 out of 10 people in PVE gear. Out of those 8, half the players had raid gear and close to 400k life, the other ones had under 300k life.

One useful tip: Get 3 friends: a ranged, a healer and yourself as DD/tank/whatever with some decent PVP gear and nuke the shit out of everyone else. especially when you're in Teamspeak.
    I've been away from the game in 3 months.. But yet I hear the strangest things.. A raid group for a silly dungeon? All I did was invite my buddy from skype and we had around on random BG 30 wins - 0-5 losses over the night. You guys can't be serious. Two bg wins.. I've found out that 1/20 times you queue up you get in a winning group..

Deleted
    Just about every one of those bgs are full of PVER who have never ever pvp'd before. This is one of the stupidest quests ever, keep pve out of pvp.

Deleted
    Note that moving on in the questline it appears to be meta gems rewarded further on in next patch, and guess what, one of them is for pvp, so that means pvpers are gonna have to do this questline to get their BiS pvp stuff, you think its worse for pveers to win 2 BGs than it is for pvpers to cap valor 6 weeks? It takes about an hour a day for 6 weeks to get that part of the chain down while you can get past your annoying part in 1 hour once.
    Pvpers has no interest in valor at all since it only rewards pve gear, and being forced to farm 6000 valor? That is quite alot compared to your 2 BGs you have to win.

Edit: Forgot to mention all the atleast LFR you have to do to even get to that part of the questline, most pvpers do not enjoy even that. So again, if you think its so bad to be forced to win 2 BGs think about all that pvpers are being forced into if they want to get BiS aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc5e97651ae1; 2013-02-03 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanodar View Post
    Note that moving on in the questline it appears to be meta gems rewarded further on in next patch, and guess what, one of them is for pvp, so that means pvpers are gonna have to do this questline to get their BiS pvp stuff, you think its worse for pveers to win 2 BGs than it is for pvpers to cap valor 6 weeks? It takes about an hour a day for 6 weeks to get that part of the chain down while you can get past your annoying part in 1 hour once.
    Pvpers has no interest in valor at all since it only rewards pve gear, and being forced to farm 6000 valor? That is quite alot compared to your 2 BGs you have to win.
    No interest in Test of Valor = no interest in legendary meta gem, simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    No interest in Test of Valor = no interest in legendary meta gem, simple as that.
    Then the same works for you, if you don't want to pvp that badly just miss out on the legendaries for pve then.

I really love the entire questline tbh, i do both pve and pvp tho, but alot of ppl are focused on either pve or pvp and most ppl in this thread seam to be pveers so i had to argue the point from a pvper perspective so that you guys see those points aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc5e97651ae1; 2013-02-03 at 12:12 PM.

Honestly how did most people not see something like this coming? The entire expansion has a sub-theme of Alliance vs Horde and The Black Price (Wrathion) has been talking about the conflict, and you're involvement in it.

Legendaries should not just be a grind or pure luck. They should require some real input, in a form you're not typically used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm not at all saying you have to like it -- I just think some folks are making a much bigger deal out of it than is warranted.
    Well tbh, it's not as easy as you paint it out to be... the throuble is that:
    1. Regular PVP'ers are annoyed and irritated because they have ppl in their team that probably have no idea what to do and cannot be asked to really try and learn.
    2. If they want to make any effort, they have to get gear and relearn a new spec even... just for that short amount of time....
    3. People that chose a PVE server for the simple reason they do not like PVP... like me are just being 'insulted'.