Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your personal deal breaker in a relationship?

Recently I stumbled upon Jenna Marbles' funny (and semi-old) video parody of the topic and decided to discuss it on a serious level.

What can make you go "no" in a relationship? Mind you, we are talking about mild and "normal" stuff here, none of the "if he/she turns out to be a serial killer" type of thing.

Personally, for me it would be his attitude towards people that aren't that close and important to him.. for example towards a friend of a friend, or even staff at an establishment.
    Treating them bad might be a good signal of what's a possible outcome in the future concerning his attitude towards me.

What about you?

To clarify:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    You mean saying no to a relationship or going "no" to something in a relationship?
    Just ending it right there, on the spot.

And as many haven't understood the idea of my topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I think the question posed in this thread is ... say you've been dating someone for a while, and they do something that would just make you walk out the door and not come back. It's not so much what are your turn-offs, but something that would cause immediate departure.
    Thank you Bob Saget!
    Last edited by Bwutty; 2013-01-26 at 07:07 PM.
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Does smoking count? I can't stand that shit.

Deleted
    You mean saying no to a relationship or going "no" to something in a relationship?

The obvious one is weight/fitness. I wouldn't ever date someone that was out of shape, and I would split with someone that got out of shape while we were together.

Most dealbreakers are things I'd be aware of before we were in a relationship though (fitness, intelligence, compatibility in bed), so it's hard some single thing to be during a relationship.

Deleted
    Bad teeth are my biggest turn offs.

No independence. No fitness. No intelligence.

They have to be a good human all around. So if I see any abuse of any kind I'm done.

If someone was a really picky eater that would probably kill it for me. I like to try a lot of different restaurants and foods, and I think it probably also says a lot about their personality in general if they're reluctant to try new things (unless they have allergies or whatever).

10+ Year Old Account
    Smoking would be an immediate "no."
    Putin khuliyo

A woman with bad breathe.

if it stinks up here, i know it stinks down there

3DPD, not being my husbando.

negative personality
    boring
    too weird
    smoking
    drugs
    bad teeth
    bad hygene
    addition(s) of any sort
    tattoos in terrible spots like the forehead or butt-cheeks.
    excessive or ugly piercings (nose ring/giant holes in the earlobe/etc..)
    etc...
    Last edited by muto; 2013-01-26 at 08:15 PM.

Lack of cleaning her living space.

Like if I ask her out and she says no, it doesn't usually work out then.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    addition(s) of any sort
    I had this really cute math major I was going to introduce you to, but I guess that's out...

Deleted
    Another turn off is when they call the police, that's not cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I had this really cute math major I was going to introduce you to, but I guess that's out...
    Ya that wouldn't work out, she would require me to tell her what time I was going to be home down to hundredth of a second.

That would get annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    Does smoking count? I can't stand that shit.
    Pretty much this.

It still baffles me at how many people still smoke today when he have proven facts that smoking not only shortens YOUR life, but people in the general vicinity.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    If she has one of those little strips of hair. What's it called again? ho yeah a mustache.

10+ Year Old Account
    smoking, i can't stand people who smoke/do drugs. sadly a lot of cute looking chicks in my area smoke so they are out. also someone with kids, as i have no intention of having or raising kids. piercings in general. (ear piercings are ok.) excessive tattoos,controlling girlfriends,stds,men who had a sex change into a women.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-27 at 04:35 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.