Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Interesting topic. Folks criticizing other folks' desires in here, though, and that's just silly.

For me? I need consistency and space at times. People tire me out quickly. Other than that, most things can be worked through / worked with.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I see her doing the helicopter I'll walk out the door never to come back.
    lol , You just won the thread , WTB Like button.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    People want what they want, but if one marries a person and then divorces them because they got out of shape, that's ridiculous. "I loved you but when you decided to not stay in shape anymore I decided I didn't love you anymore since that 1 aspect of you is now gone."
    This doesn't really make sense as a critique, unless you're willing to say that nothing at all should be a dealbreaker.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Clearly they were in love with any fit body he/she could get his/her hands on and not the actual person.

In other words really shallow. Were all shallow but seriously that is just awful.
    Complete and utter bullshit. Requiring a fit partner isn't shallow, the only way this could be construed as shallow was if this was the only relevant criteria.

Someone far below my level of intellect.. That is not to say I am anything special, Just that if I cannot have an intellectual conversation or argument with someone about something that actually matters and involves the expression of a view, I could not have any respect for them.. Ergo, I could not form a relationship with them.

Smoking is a close second... vile habit.

EDIT:

To clarify, I am married and my wife is amazingly smart.. Its one of the many many things I love about her.
    When you truly fall in love with someone, something like gaining a few pounds or not hitting the gym so much fades into insignificance... and as a couple, we have been through a lot.. and you realise that even if addition/excess is thrown into the mix, you will get through it together.

I am not judging anyone that sees these things as a deal breaker, just bear in mind that perceptions change, as do people. Your values may remain inflexible, but that does not mean that things that challenge your values are insurmountable.
    Last edited by Deezlar; 2013-01-27 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'd found out she had a penis, that would kill it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rushing me.

Someone I was seeing was rushing me into everything- including at the damn aquarium.
    He was too much too fast especially for knowing him just 5 weeks or so- we meet through friends.

Needless to say he did not take the 'breakup' well. I just wanted to casually date because I was so hung up on someone else, but nope he wanted 'i love yous'

WTF man i JUST met you...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanMeow View Post
    I think people are missing the point here...

I think the topic is about what would happen IN the relationship to cause you to end it...
    ^^^ THIS

Most posts seem to be about why someone would not get INTO a relationship with someone in the first place.

The OP meant for reasons why you would get OUT of a relationship you were already IN... and this means seriously dating/etc... not a new relationship. Things that you may not see or find out until after you've developed serious feelings for them.

For me it would be the kindness issue... see them be mean to someone public (waiter, etc). Infidelity: I put a lot of weight into trust issues. Being superficial with things, like spending too much money just because they can, or because they think it will impress you or others. Basic dishonesty too, this can show up after awhile, once they think they can pull one over on you.

I don't get the physical reasons (weight gain, etc)... not my style. These things can change (for good or bad), and can just as easily change back.
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2013-01-27 at 11:41 PM.

Them being a nice decent person. Then I know I wont make them happy and just bring pain, so I break things off badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone who can 't take a joke. I've been through too much shit to take most things to seriously. My half sister tried to kill me twice before I was a year old, I'm like the redneck Harry Potter.

Someone who really don't know why they believe something. Example, people who "inherit" their parents political philosophies and never understand them. Even if it agrees with my own it bothers me still.

Someone I can't carry on a meaningful conversation with.

Large egos and stuck up people who think they're better than others.

People who can't just let people live their own lives without trying to concern themselves with what others do even if it has no affect on them at all. This one here is the main reason I stopped going to church.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has to have an open mind and not live in a closed box a lot of people prefer to live in nowadays and I'd prefer someone who didn't smoke or drink excessively and sleep with any dude that engages in more than 47 seconds of polite conversation with her.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    She has to have an open mind and not live in a closed box a lot of people prefer to live in nowadays and I'd prefer someone who didn't smoke or drink excessively and sleep with any dude that engages in more than 47 seconds of polite conversation with her.
    47 seconds. That is oddly specific lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Lying, i hate lying and i can't stand it at all.

Deleted
    I guess the first one would be telling me that I'm not allowed to see a good friend of mine.
    Friends > Relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    You're a wise man.
    I love dogs as well. So it was a difficult decision which was more important.

In the end, a man needs his Dew.

Some one who does not respect my religious beliefs. I am not saying they have to like them or convert for me, just respect my beliefs because you respect me not the religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-

Yeah, lets not go there. If this thread goes into a religious debate it will just be closed.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2013-01-28 at 02:57 AM.
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Sounds like me in a way. It burns you in the end though.
    Actually the opposite happened when I tried to suppress it and just told myself that I should trust him. Besides, emotional cheating is much worse than physical cheating.

I guess no female friends at all is too much to ask and kind of weird (especially if he has them before the relationship) but there is no need to ever go out with another girl alone or talk about our problems and private matters with her.

If they ever told me they needed to disclose something via Maury or Jerry Springer that's a deal breaker.

Deleted
    I'm actually surprised so many people are against smoking, almost all the people I meet in games are smoking. For me it would be:
    Smoking /drugs
    (too) religious
    opposite taste in music (couldn't stand hearing one direction or bruno mars all the time ...)
    dislikes animals
    someone that takes advantage of people. (with the other person having to pay/do everything instead of her)
    someone that really likes soccer ...big no no

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Extreme jealousy / control freak.

My brother and as of late a close friend are both whipped beyond comprehension.
    When we (the boys) go out they are expected to give an estimate of how late they will be home, while i can understand this i hate the degree those girls take it too.
    When my brother is 10 minutes " past curfue" she will start texting, calling and even call me or other friends where he is.
    If he does not answer fast enough,i shit you not, she will come get him.

This has happened on numerous occasions.

I would never accept that, i'm 34 not 15 dammit !
    Luckily my wife and I do not have those tendencies, we've been together for 12 years and married as of last year but we both very much understand how important it is to have a few nights every now and then with just the guys or girls for her.

Other than that, cheating is ofcourse a given.