Poll: should shammys be allowed to use swords

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    you can xmog them next patch so whats it matter
    No, unfortunately you can't. You can only mog items you can actually use (and which share the same swing animation).

I'm all for maces and axes. We don't need ugly fist weapons nor stupid daggers. I mean, really, who the hell uses a dagger?!

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I'm all for maces and axes. We don't need ugly fist weapons nor stupid daggers. I mean, really, who the hell uses a dagger?!
    fist weps I like and they are usefull. daggers however are pointless post patch 3.0 when they killed dagger spec enhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Elemental shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daggers are just fine. Shaman have three specs. Enhancement doesn't use staves either, yet you aren't complaining about that.

No, I don't think that it is silly. The game is more than an attribute-alocation game. It also has a setting and story, both of which, seeing as it is a role-playing game, are very important. Shamans as a class are designed around the idea of a tribe magician of sorts. Kind of primal, which is why they are so in tune with the elements as well. Which is why having them being able to use maces and axes is fine, since they are in a way primal weaponry. Swords on the other hand not so much. The problem with crafted weapons can be solved by the addition of a crafted axe or mace with agility. No need to take part of the lore flavour away for things to get better.

I would personally remove daggers as well, since they seem equally out of place as swords, and make two-handed maces and axes viable for enhancement shamans once more. Their uselesness is one glaring mistake of the developing team in my opinion. Sacrificing the feel of the class to make things easier for them to create gear that they can share with other class-spec combinations.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-01-27 at 06:05 PM.

We don't get staves itemized for us, we do get swords itemized for us (that or you admit blizzard intentionally leaves enhance out of crafted weapons, either way there's a shortcoming)

Drithiend, the problem CAN be solved but it never has been. I'd prefer to have myself covered when forgotten than to hope for common sense and planning from the design team.

Giving shamans daggers would be good because if a dagger drops and everyone but the shaman has it that is wasted loot if he is not able to wield it.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how they could go about rebalancing around having a potential two hander spec for enhancement. Maybe remove the ICD on windfury, or have something akin to lava lash for a two hander lava smash... (hehe hulk smash).

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I wonder how they could go about rebalancing around having a potential two hander spec for enhancement. Maybe remove the ICD on windfury, or have something akin to lava lash for a two hander lava smash... (hehe hulk smash).
    GC actually commented on this a long time ago. he stated that they want enhan to be a DW spec and that 2H is never coming back

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    GC actually commented on this a long time ago. he stated that they want enhan to be a DW spec and that 2H is never coming back
    Yeah, I remember that post. It was a sad day. But, who knows, if enough players ask for them, continuously, the decision could be changed. It's a lazy way out for designers to treat itemization for class/spec combinations after all. No other reason exists. And things change in the game all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Elemental shamans.
    Yes, but those are MH. I forgot to mention I was aiming at enhance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really checked in a long while but do shamans still have the ability to wield the two handers?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I haven't really checked in a long while but do shamans still have the ability to wield the two handers?
    They can still equip 2 handed axes and 2 handed maces, but they can't DPS very effectively with them, since they wont be able to use Lava Lash as they do not have an offhand weapon equipped if they use a 2 hander.

Enhance shamans are frequently left out of crafted weapons since very seldom do the patterns include an agility mace or axe, it's either a dagger or sword.

Giving shamans sword will save creating extra loot, since both Rogues and Monks can also use swords. As it stands blizz has to create extra drops in loot tables to account for shamans.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I am past the point of caring about the flavor behind Enhancement w/Swords mainly because every freaking time they add a agility sword it always seems to suck for Enhancement like the fact that the only slow agility weapon they let blacksmiths craft is what else a sword. . . .

Axes and rogues make no sense but blizzard gave it to em in a heartbeat in ICC.

Deleted
    Here's an old picture of Drek'Thar. A Far Seer and a Shaman.

As you see, he was wielding swords back in the time. For myself, I think Shamans with 'plain' looking swords wouldn't fit, I think more tribal looking, like these ones, would fit Shamans well.

there no no reason why a shammy wouldn't use a sword. and drek'thar shows this

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    dagger use to be good for enhan in BC. there was a OP Shammy Dagger spec. now if they made daggers viable for enhan that would be nice too. maybe a passive the buffs the damage while using a dagger.

Edited to correct typos
    That might have been some weird spell power spec after the wotlk preparation patch hit servers (and then everyone was OP and any kills weren't relevant anyway).
    Any self respecting progressing enhancement shaman in TBC wouldn't touch anything faster than 2.4. That's one of the reasons Syphon of the Nathrezim was so good even throughout SWP protression.

The solution to current itemization is not to give shamans swords (there aren't any agi swords in game now anyway), the solution is to make daggers viable for them. Having bosses drop item that's good only for 2 specs of a single class and those specs aren't really viable on half of the fights because of inferior cleave is just silly.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2013-01-29 at 08:02 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather make 2hd:ers viable again then getting swords.

I'd rather keep it the way it is thanks. Swords on a shaman looks and feels wrong. I guess with Xmog i'd just make them axes or maces so it's not a concern, but I'd still rather not.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;