Poll: What do you think?

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not every class should get a 4th spec. It just don't make sense, a healing mage, that's barftown.

This is what they should add in:

Shaman Tank
    Caster Pally, Monk and DK's anything else is a bit goofy. Though I would be okay with changing one of the rogue specs to a ranged, throwing based spec. And maybe making marksman a petless hunter spec. But otherwise things are going to be too similar to what is already out there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People ask for Battle Mages all the time.
    People also ask for Demon Hunters all the time. Your point? Right, you got none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    People also ask for Demon Hunters all the time. Your point?
    That its kind of strange to ask for since a spec already exists that does pretty much the same thing.

And they ask for a spec. DH proponents want an entire class where they can dress up like Illidan and do Illidan stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Not every class should get a 4th spec. It just don't make sense, a healing mage, that's barftown.

This is what they should add in:

Shaman Tank
    Caster Pally, Monk and DK's anything else is a bit goofy. Though I would be okay with changing one of the rogue specs to a ranged, throwing based spec. And maybe making marksman a petless hunter spec. But otherwise things are going to be too similar to what is already out there
    Wouldn't that be a bit imbalanced (and unfair) if half the classes have 4 specs and the other half doesn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP was updated:

[b]Death Knights: Rune
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20003593

Druids: Already done.

Hunters: Beast Master: Melee spec that emulates the Beast Master from WC3. Spec utilizes animal abilities and tactics while fighting. Possible tank spec. Marksmanship is revamped to become the petless Hunter spec. Warden, PotM, and Dark Ranger abilities should be incorporated where necessary. Old Beast Master spec is renamed Ranger.

Mages: Time. Basically a healing/support spec that utilizes Time magic. It'll make Mages into a hybrid class.

Monks: Cloudbreaker: Followers of Chi-Ji the Red Crane. A long range DPS spec utilizing Chi abilities. Think Street Fighter fireballs and energy attacks. They would use INT leather and operate similar to Mistweavers, just with damage instead of heals. Enhances the Transcendence ability to make it easier to move in and out of melee range.

Paladins: Crusader. Basically a DPS spec that does long range holy damage. (Shockadins) INT plate.

Priests: Inquisitor. A priest that punishes sinners and hertics with a mixture of holy magic and Shadow Magic. Ranged DPS spec.

Rogues: Stalker. Rogue tanking class that uses shadow abilities. Rogues need something other than another melee DPS spec.

Shaman: Earth Warden. Shaman 2H or 1h+Shield tanking spec that uses the Earth element.

Warlock: Demon Hunters. DPS or Tank melee spec.

Warriors: Blade Master. Wind Walk, Mirror Image, and Endurance Aura. Also has the ability to carry the war banner on its back just like Blademasters from WC3.

Deleted
    That its kind of strange to ask for since a spec already exists that does pretty much the same thing.
    You don't get my point, do you?

https://www.google.de/search?q=SOME+PEOPLE+SAY

My point is what you are saying "people want X!" is entirely heresay, just like my statement is as well. They are bullshit arguments.

People want to be millionairs as well. But who gives a shit about them?

What matters is the context around it: why do they want X, is the need for X valid, and all that. You need to do market research for that, and your statement just don't have that.

I'm all for someone who's coming up with ideas of new implementations but you are so incredibly stubborn and mind numbing in your arguments that you're just there to make others eat your viewpoint, backing it up with global, meaningless statements like the one I quoted.

So next time you use this technique (which you can read more about above, since I assume you're American you must've heard of Fox News) be prepared to be not taken seriously and be prepared to be called on using it. All it does is it lowers your credibility and polarizes the discussion.

People ask for Battle Mages all the time. Don't they realize that Enhancement Shaman operate almost exactly how a Battle Mage would (especially one that Dual Wields)?
    Ye I get that. But it doesn't have to be an enhancement shaman. Just make it so they use arcane instead of fire/ice, I get the feeling we don't have enough arcane mages anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Ye I get that. But it doesn't have to be an enhancement shaman. Just make it so they use arcane instead of fire/ice, I get the feeling we don't have enough arcane mages anyways.
    That could be cool. Like using arcane magic to create shields to increase armor, and/or construct melee weapons out of arcane energy?

I wouldn't mind doing a write up about that. Sounds like an interesting challenge.

yeah would b awesome
    Think for yourself.

warlock, a cloth wearing melee tank? That aint ever gonna happen. And tanking with a minion is meh. It's like being a proxy healer. Plus they'd have to figure out how to move the minion properly which in itself is just too much of a pain.

1. The majority of Demon Hunter's abilities being farmed out to other classes isn't an opinion.
    2. Demon Hunters having a narrow class archetype isn't an opinion.
    3. DHs being traditionally a class that wears little to no armor isn't an opinion.
    4. The majority of DH proponents want to play and look like the DH from WC3 (Illidan) isn't an opinion.

And none of those points were rebutted.
    You went back on point 4 yourself when you proposed a 4th spec for Warlocks, which excludes Night Elves and completely refutes the idea that people want to play as a DH that looks like Illidan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Imo, WoW went too far on cosmetic path, add on top of this constant pressure from specific portion of playerbase who wants better graphics (and who seems to have no clue on some of the reasons why GW 2 and same FF XIV aren't so popular). We got lot of things with little substance (tons of mounts, pets, pet battles, transmog, soon - new models), things which are quite irrelevant to gameplay, meanwhile actual gameplay suffers to no end.

4th spec simply won't have any substance as well, because it won't be really interesting idea due to constant tiresome buffs and nerfs going around. And current specs had their substance watered-down during the years. Totems, auras, etc. were thrown out of the window to get replaced by cd-based ramp-up combat and crappy mechanics like vengeance, rogue-like combo points, etc. Give former depth to current specs, then we can talk about 4th, 5th, whatever.

6 new MoP 5-men and endgame based on dailies - they point on heavy lack of actual game's substance.
    The thing is - The people that make new models and improve the graphics aren't the ones who design the classes, nor the ones that design encounters. They can work on new models while class designers work on new specs (which has to be done BEFORE new animations/spell effects can be made) and while the rest designs content. There's also a difference between character designers and world designers.

Updating world graphics will hurt new content, but new character models will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Adding a fourth spec and new models is vastly more work than adding a new race and a new class.

Instead of creating 2 new models, you have to create 16, and instead of balancing three new specs you have to balance 11 new specs.
    Don't underestimate making a new race/class. A new race requires all new animations (and maybe the new class too, like the kicks and roll for monk), new voices, ect... a new class requires all new spells (a new spec inherits a bunch of spells from the main class), spell animations to go with them, ect...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    warlock, a cloth wearing melee tank? That aint ever gonna happen. And tanking with a minion is meh. It's like being a proxy healer. Plus they'd have to figure out how to move the minion properly which in itself is just too much of a pain.
    Warlocks were almost a cloth-wearing tank with a minion in MoP. All the mechanics were in place. It was Blizzard themselves who decided to put a stop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn
    You went back on point 4 yourself when you proposed a 4th spec for Warlocks, which excludes Night Elves and completely refutes the idea that people want to play as a DH that looks like Illidan.
    No I didn't. When I was talking about the reasons why DHs shouldn't be a class, number 4 was one of the reasons. In the case of a spec, Blizzard could just allow Night Elves to be Warlocks to capitalize on a Demon Hunter spec's potential popularity.

Warlocks were almost a cloth-wearing tank with a minion in MoP. All the mechanics were in place. It was Blizzard themselves who decided to put a stop to it.
    because they realized it just cant work. Not being a proper tank, not being a proper dps. With minion tanking encounters must be designed around minion tanks and that just doesnt make fun bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they realized it just cant work. Not being a proper tank, not being a proper dps. With minion tanking encounters must be designed around minion tanks and that just doesnt make fun bosses.
    Well it did work. Several Warlocks were tanking effectively in MoP beta and early MoP before Blizzard nerfed DA into the ground because it was overpowered. There's entire threads which talk about this. Again, it was completely Blizzard's decision, not any mechanical issues with the concept itself, but mostly because Blizzard didn't want a glyph to be considered a legitimate tanking spec in the game.

Which is why 4th spec is such a great idea. With 4th spec, Blizzard can turn DA into the tanking spec it should have been in the first place and make Warlocks who want to tank very happy.

Deleted
    As much as I'd like to see it, Blizzard probably won't do it. There is just too much work for them to do with balancing and all that stuff along the lines. Balancing a new class from scratch is (pure speculation here) easier than balancing a whole load of new specs.

Although, I think it might even be worth the trouble. People who have quit the game might come back an give their main class a shot again. Adding new races/classes has barely attracted anyone I know yet. Most quitters I know just didn't care for monks/pandas at all (doesn't have anything with the class/race to do, just the fact there is hardly anything new for them). Now imagine adding a new spec to each class, that would probably get people excited again and get them back. Who knows though...

no. the reason GC said DA couldn't be a proper tank is because blizzard doesn't want you to just "swap a glyph and tank".

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To make warlocks an actual tank would take more significant changes. For example, we want tanks to have to pick up separate tanking gear than their DPS gear (this is even true of druids) and want tanks to have to give up some of their DPS potential in exchange for their survivability. In short, it needs to be a commitment, and that's the sort of thing that needs larger gameplay changes than just a glyph.
    the original forum source page was deleted along with the whole of the MoP beta battle.net forum, but you can see a transcrypt of it on WoW insider:http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/26/today-in-wow/
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fourth spec is a ridiculous idea.. its not needed at all. And i am sure there is no need for explaination.

Paladins and Shamans need the 4th spec like Druids got, there's not alot of specs that use agi mail and only one spec that use plate int, filling those makes alot more sense than giving hunters a 4th dps spec.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

New models are already ingame. Where? Whare is new dwarf models for example? Have you ever seen Alliance hero while doing 5.1 dailies? And about specs and classes. There will be at least one more class, just because we have gear imbalance now - it will be mail wearing class. 3-spec hybrid most likely, just to keep heals vs tanks balance too(we have 5 heal and 5 tank specs now). I can at least guaraty, that it won't be pure dps. Why? Just because implementing of new class will most likely cause situation, where most of players will at least try t. And if it will be pure dps, then we will have even more problems with tanks and heals, than we have now. For example we had no problems with heals and tanks in WotLK just because we had two OP classes - DK and Paladins. No new classes in Cata, nerfing of Palas and DK - and we had lack of tanks and heals as result.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    As much as I'd like to see it, Blizzard probably won't do it. There is just too much work for them to do with balancing and all that stuff along the lines. Balancing a new class from scratch is (pure speculation here) easier than balancing a whole load of new specs.
    Well keep in mind, Blizzard redesigned Druids, Mages, Warlocks, and SPriests in MoP. That's 11 specs right there. Also they added an entirely new class and race to the game.

Adding a new spec to each class would be considerably less work.