Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

4th spec and New models instead of new class and new race?

Anyone else think this? I really don't believe that Blizzard is going to introduce a new class and race so soon after the Pandas and the Monks.

The new models are on their way. But what about 4th spec? Some 4th spec concepts I liked;

Death Knights: Necromancer or Rune
    Rune Concept: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20003593

Druids: Already done.

Hunters: Ranger: Healing spec. Marksmanship is revamped to become the petless Hunter spec. Warden, PotM, and Dark Ranger abilities should be incorporated where necessary.

Mages: Time. Basically a healing/support spec that utilizes Time magic. It'll make Mages into a hybrid class. or Blood. A Mage spec that uses his life force to harness the power of the phoenix.

Monks: Cloudbreaker: Followers of Chi-Ji the Red Crane. A long range DPS spec utilizing Chi abilities. Think Street Fighter fireballs and energy attacks. They would use INT leather and operate similar to Mistweavers, just with damage instead of heals. Enhances the Transcendence ability to make it easier to move in and out of melee range.

Paladins: Crusader. Basically a DPS spec that does long range holy damage. (Shockadins) INT plate.

Priests: Inquisitor. A priest that punishes sinners and hertics with a mixture of holy magic and Shadow Magic. Ranged DPS spec. od Psion, a spellcaster that manipulates opponents with its mind.

Rogues: Stalker. Rogue tanking class that uses shadow abilities. Rogues need something other than another melee DPS spec.

Shaman: Earth Warden. Shaman 2H or 1h+Shield tanking spec that uses the Earth element.

Warlock: Demon Hunters. DPS or Tank melee spec.

Warriors: Blade Master. Wind Walk, Mirror Image, and Endurance Aura. Also has the ability to carry the war banner on its back just like Blademasters from WC3.
    Those weren't bad. Main issue would be that adding 10 additional specs is the equivalent of adding 3 new classes. I don't know if its harder to create specs or create classes though. Maybe someone knows?

Anyway, new models and new specs over new races and a new class. What's your take?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would actually LOVE the idea. Really good ideas from a fan too, but Blizzard can make it epic, I know them.

It would give long time players a chance to rediscover every of their classes, especially if a dps spec can now tank or heal.

Would interest me more than new races and a new class.

This would be a great idea. I feel like some classes lack variety.

i'd like to see it but well i know blizzard is lazy so im guessing it wont happen since you would have to rebalance and revamp most of the classes to prevent unbalance
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Imo, WoW went too far on cosmetic path, add on top of this constant pressure from specific portion of playerbase who wants better graphics (and who seems to have no clue on some of the reasons why GW 2 and same FF XIV aren't so popular). We got lot of things with little substance (tons of mounts, pets, pet battles, transmog, soon - new models), things which are quite irrelevant to gameplay, meanwhile actual gameplay suffers to no end.

4th spec simply won't have any substance as well, because it won't be really interesting idea due to constant tiresome buffs and nerfs going around. And current specs had their substance watered-down during the years. Totems, auras, etc. were thrown out of the window to get replaced by cd-based ramp-up combat and crappy mechanics like vengeance, rogue-like combo points, etc. Give former depth to current specs, then we can talk about 4th, 5th, whatever.

6 new MoP 5-men and endgame based on dailies - they point on heavy lack of actual game's substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding a fourth spec and new models is vastly more work than adding a new race and a new class.

Instead of creating 2 new models, you have to create 16, and instead of balancing three new specs you have to balance 11 new specs.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The only spec I have a hard time thinking would stand out is blademaster for warriors. To me it just seems just like an Orc arms warrior. Other than that I feel like graphics do not make a good game but they can enhance the game for some people. And in regards to Ferocity I feel that the addition of vanity items makes this game less about numbers and more about making it a diverse "world." I do not find the gameplay lacking substance but I can only speak for my PVE experience as I have done very little PVP throughout my time in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Adding a fourth spec and new models is vastly more work than adding a new race and a new class.

Instead of creating 2 new models, you have to create 16, and instead of balancing three new specs you have to balance 11 new specs.
    Well keep in mind; When you add a new class, you need to create all new spells, all new animation, possibly new icons, new talents, and properly balance the existing class with the new class.

When you add a spec, you can be a (bit) lazier. You can bring back older abilities, and have the new spec use older abilities from its class.

For example, I don't believe that redoing the Druid class was as tough as creating the entire Monk class.

Oh and its 10 specs. ;-)

Way too much work.

While they'll have one less class to design armor for each tier, they have like 10+ new specs to balance out. On top of that, you have a lot of DPS specs getting even more DPS spec options. Then you have the issue of PVP balance with all these new specs, which people will try to find exploits and abuse for. Blizzard would be shooting themselves in the foot to add this much work for themselves.

Feral was split to make the Masteries easier to deal with. This was already in the game so the split made sense, since if you looked at Feral gear, abilities and masteries you'd see that everything had a listing for Cat form and a listing for Bear form.

What you're proposing is a NEW spec for each class, and not necessarily one that is a spinoff of existing ones. Giving new roles to existing classes is a very delicate thing, and it won't be eased in like Feral druids if it happens. Feral balance design has been worked on since Vanilla, and they went through a LOT to make Bears finally able to tank competantly. It's not going to be easy to turn Mages into healers or Warlocks and Rogues into tanks.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-01-26 at 09:44 PM.

WoW needs some real innovation in the gameplay department. I was never for this before but I'm 100% behind the idea now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Runemaster specialization sounds boring. Really boring. Why not create a specialization allowing a DK to command numerous undead of various types? Perhaps borrow some mechanics from Overlord and further streamline the gameplay to make it viable.

To change a Necromancer specialization from Unholy, simply change the ghoul minion to become more disease orientated rather than keeping it as another straightforward minion.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2013-01-26 at 09:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What? First of a runemaster is not monk like. Second off 10 specs would be harder to balance then if they bring out a new class so your orginal point of having 4 specs in moot.

I think making five specs is as heard as making a new class.

But do we really need a new class/spec? I would just like 1 more class to make the number odd because I have a pet peeve about odd numbers but I do not think we need more. At a certain point there will be no reason to make a new one. The roles we have are filled.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Runemaster specialization sounds boring. Really boring. Why not create a specialization allowing a DK to command numerous undead of various types? Perhaps borrow some mechanics from Overlord and further streamline the gameplay to make it viable.
    They should give that to unholy, and add something new because frankly, I'm fed up with all that pet thing. Two specs centered about them would be too much.

I'd like to see blood dps, or some kind of healing/support spec.

Deleted
    the idea sounds kind of nice at first ... but honestly I don't see it happening ... why ? don't know, i simply don't expect blizz to go that path ^^

although i'd think it would be nice to make all the classes hybrid. (hard time for hunters ...)

- i pretty much liked the idea of adding that Chrono-Spec to mages and use it as healing spec ... like removing wounds by simply not letting them have happened in the first place ^^ i'd see such a mage build as a mixture of shielding and hotting.

- for DKs i'd go with Necro! they'd wear int plate and be a ranged class. they can summon up to 3-5 undead minions and use life leech spells on their enemies. i can also imagine having something like BoneSpear from Diablo 2.

Deleted
    4th Spec will not happen, 3 is more than enough, they will not waste time focusing on something like that. I am sure of this. I also would not like to see new classes or races. This is all a huge waste of resources. Make the game content better, adding new classes or races is not improving the game at all.

Deleted
    Instead of a fourth priest spec, I rather see Blizzard fine-tune or downright fix the current 3. By the way there is no such thing as "discipline magic". Absorb healing needs to be highly minimized which means a complete overhaul of the discipline tree. The reason it must be minimized is it isn't possible to balance it with other specs (including holy).

Which brings me to my next point: I hate the idea of "forcing" all these new specs "cause them druids got 4 as well!" Screw that. Add a fourth spec if it makes sense, else, don't! Its like that "5 reasons crap" where they suddenly need to ditch a sixth very good reason, or where they need to add a fifth reason which is actually a rehash of one of the other four, just to make it to the holy five reasons. If you read Cracked.com's lists they have lists, yes, but the way it works is they have various numbers not always only "5".

Third good reason is, too many specs adds even more complexity to the game. One more class is much easier to balance than 10 more specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    [...] why GW 2 and same FF XIV aren't so popular).
    3 million copies sold apparently means "not so popular" in your book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    the idea sounds kind of nice at first ... but honestly I don't see it happening ... why ? don't know, i simply don't expect blizz to go that path ^^

although i'd think it would be nice to make all the classes hybrid. (hard time for hunters ...)

- i pretty much liked the idea of adding that Chrono-Spec to mages and use it as healing spec ... like removing wounds by simply not letting them have happened in the first place ^^ i'd see such a mage build as a mixture of shielding and hotting.

- for DKs i'd go with Necro! they'd wear int plate and be a ranged class. they can summon up to 3-5 undead minions and use life leech spells on their enemies. i can also imagine having something like BoneSpear from Diablo 2.
    I agree with your sentiment on a Necromancy specialization. Refit the Unholy specialization to be focused on diseases, with the ghoul acting as your personal disease spreader. With Necromancy, I would create a gameplay style utilizing Overlord mechanics, as that game worked well, allowing one to control minions in a streamlined and efficient manner while still being able to smack enemies around yourself.

how about warriors that use guns? didnt they use to have str guns? they could re introduce them or make it work so that agl on gun/bow is changed to str or sumthing this way warriors could get a fourth spec and then also compete with item for hunters which have no competition now. then as for the hunter 4th spec they copould bring back mongoose bite and the melee huntard and make melee hunter for 4th spec and have them be dual wield/ 2 h agl this would make them into a hybrid of ranged/melee dps or even have them tank side by side with there pet and have a tank/ranged dps class would allow for new and interesting roles aswell as make more competition for gear that currently have none (im looking at u holy pally and hunters)

Deleted
    I like both ideas. But I dont think both will be in the next Xpack.
    4th spec would be really cool. But I'd rather see them redo some specs that already exists. Some DPS classes specs are way to similar. There's no huge difference in gameplay between them.
    Take hunters, one have the pet do more damage. The other to just differ in shots.
    Make BM more in control over the pet. Give the BM a choice to enter the pet with entirely new skills o use while the hunter runs around on automatic(just like todays pets) shooting and keeping away.
    MM without a pet? Can wield 2 smaller guns or crossbows, or one normal bow/crossbow/gun but with further range?
    SV with a more varied collection of traps? Maybe a dual-wielding melee weapons as the hunter closes in on his trapped prey?
    And rogues. I can't say I've played a rogue that much. But the differences between them are ever so slight. One spec that stays in the shadow more then the other specs that also stays in the shadow a lot. One spec that use more poisons then the other specs that also use them quite a lot. ANd one spec that is good in combat, which you know, the other specs also do.
    Warrior? One spec use one weapon and the other use 2.

While I wouldn't neccisarily mind the pure dps classes getting a forth spec to allow them to tank or heal, I don't really think that blizzard will give out forth specs to other classes, let alone all of them. They've said before that the only reason druids have 4 is because they had four to begin with, and they have enough trouble keeping three spec classes balanced as it is.