Poll: What do you think?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    -4th specs would give players more options.
    -4th specs would revitalize the older classes.
    -4th specs would bring older players back to WoW who may have left for a variety of reasons.
    -4th specs allow Blizzard to avoid having to create a new class for the next expansion.
    -4th specs would improve existing specs by filtering new abilities into existing specializations.
    -4th specs could improve the population size of less popular classes.

Seems like a win-win IMO.
    Totally with you on this. They have to do it this way along with the new models. Instead of having new races and classes, have revamped versions of each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Totally with you on this. They have to do it this way along with the new models. Instead of having new races and classes, have revamped versions of each.
    Yeah, that's my thought as well. Again with a new class and race arriving in MoP, I don't see how Blizzard could add anything but new 4th specs.

Druids have worked out great in MoP with 4 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    I doesn't make sense at all, it would be actually quite weird an expension without a new class or race.

however, I would love every class to get a 4th spec and new models.
    Well 1 extra spec for 10 classes means 10 new specs or the equivalent of 3 new classes. It would also be nice to not have to level a whole new toon to 95 to play the new specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    4th slot spec for PVP, New Models and a new Race for both factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some spec ideas in case Blizzard wants to keep the pure DPS specs DPS-only;

Mage: Blood: Mage sacrifices his HP for more powerful abilities. Blood mages can swap their mana and HP at will, have various abilities that heal and damage via phoenix magic; A blend of Arcane and Fire. Mages could finally get the Phoenix summon.
    Hunter: Gunner: A hunter that specializes in using guns and pistols. Pistols would be abilities, not weapon items.
    Warlock: Demon Hunter: DPS spec instead of Tank spec.
    Rogue: Stalker or Shadow: Ranged/Melee spec that specializes in throwing weapons, illusions, and shadow magic. WoW's version of a Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Here are some spec ideas in case Blizzard wants to keep the pure DPS specs DPS-only;

Mage: Blood: Mage sacrifices his HP for more powerful abilities. Blood mages can swap their mana and HP at will, have various abilities that heal and damage via phoenix magic; A blend of Arcane and Fire. Mages could finally get the Phoenix summon.
    Did you base that on the Dark Animus as well?

Deleted
    While some of those ideas sound great, I really think that a 4th spec would be far too much a workload not only to implement but to actually keep balancing, on top of all the balancing issues they are having at the moment.

I'd personally be happy with new character models, as long as they put the effort into the storyline and some of the new zones. The Pandaria zones were amazing but the storylines just haven't gripped me since those from WoTLK and TBC.
    Last edited by mmoc3e5086b698; 2013-02-14 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    I just can't imagine a healing hunter spec
    If anything I'd create a MELEE hunter spec, perhaps facelift Beast Mastery into one - give it Agility Polearms / Staves as primary weapon and give an array of melee DPS abilities. As well as pet summoning / buffing skills on cooldowns.

I've been itching for a battle-Mage for years! I would love to see a 4th spec for every one instead of a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Did you base that on the Dark Animus as well?
    Sort of. I also thought it would be cool if the more HP the Blood Mage had, the more powerful they were. Like giving them some sort of passive that boosts their damage based on HP%.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Well 1 extra spec for 10 classes means 10 new specs or the equivalent of 3 new classes. It would also be nice to not have to level a whole new toon to 95 to play the new specs.
    Well not necessarily. Remember, new specs borrow a lot from their existing class, so it won't be like constructing an entirely new class from scratch. Most specs only have a handful of unique abilities. Fire Mages for example only have 8.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-02-14 at 11:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    This would be a great idea. I feel like some classes lack variety.
    And you think adding more specs would change that?

When three specs lacks variety, why would a 4th change that?

They should fix the other specs instead.

honestly, i dont think we'll see a new class next expansion

i think we'll see new models and potentially a new race, but i dont think we'll be getting 4th specs either.

depends what the unnanounced game changing feature is
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    It would be awesome and Blizzard could finally add in the missing hero specs from WC3 which for some stupid reason they saw fit to ignore. That is one of the most annoying things for me in WoW how beloved classes or the ability to play the same class as beloved lore heroes were removed. A really baffling decision for me. BUT like a lot of you have mentioned already in this thread Blizzard could still bring the missing classes back. They couldn't create new individual classes for these as a lot of the missing classes share similarities and abilities with existing classes but I think they could definitely add them in the way of 4th specs.

In MOP Blizz I believe has recently realised this mistake and has started adding back NPCs and units from WC3 seen in the new dailys. We have seen mountain Kings and Blademasters, in 5.2 we are seeing spell breakers, we saw the verdant sphere glyph, the demon hunting glyph ect.

For those of you unfamiliar with WC3 classes 'd like to see the following made into 4th specs.
    Blademaster (Warrior stealth/evasion spec)
    Demon Hunters (warlock tank or dps)
    Wardens (rogue tank)
    Blood Mages (mage or warlock pet spec dont care aslong as it is in the game)
    Chieftains (shaman 2h earth tank)
    Priestess of the Moon (a holy dps spec that could use ranged weapons)
    Lich/necromancer (death knight spell caster with summonable pets)
    Ranger or Beast Master (hunter spec without a pet or a melee tank spec with a pet)

And please at least bring back icon weapons like

Why were these iconic weapons never given to the player? With the addition of some of these specs these weapons could return too.

Like an above poster said this would be win win as it would draw a lot of classic players back and definitely attact players to classes that are low populated (warlock and rogues).

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    And you think adding more specs would change that?

When three specs lacks variety, why would a 4th change that?

They should fix the other specs instead.
    Changing the role of a spec is a potential source of major drama. Combat rogues are probably the most likely tanks, if they stopped combat being a viable DPS spec and into a tanking one the rogue 'community' would likely go apeshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    Changing the role of a spec is a potential source of major drama. Combat rogues are probably the most likely tanks, if they stopped combat being a viable DPS spec and into a tanking one the rogue 'community' would likely go apeshit.
    Exactly. The great thing about 4th specs is that it adds to the old spec without doing a massive overhaul that may put off established players. My mage for example is stuck at level 80 because the new Mage in MoP didnt appeal to me.

iIt also gives new players to the class something new to check out if they weren't interested before.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat69
    Like an above poster said this would be win win as it would draw a lot of classic players back and definitely attact players to classes that are low populated (warlock and rogues).
    Man I would love to see Shaman tanks or 2h dps swinging those huge totems around.

I'd love to see a 4th spec, much better that seeing a new class and would deliver what a lot of people have been asking for without mutilating an already existing spec: warlock / shaman tank, healing mage, shockadin

Deleted
    Didnt Blizzard talk about hero classes integrated into every specc before DK came out? As in fury to mountain king. Arms to blade master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Didnt Blizzard talk about hero classes integrated into every specc before DK came out? As in fury to mountain king. Arms to blade master.
    More than likely. However, that shouldn't stop Blizzard from drawing inspiration from the WC3 heroes. For example my Blademaster spec for Warriors. With War Banners in the game, and Bladestorm being a talent, you could construct a spec that is extremely close to BMs as they appeared in WC3.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of 4th specs... But it seems like they would just be redundant, unless they can think of some great way to execute them.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Hunters: Ranger: Healing spec. Marksmanship is revamped to become the petless Hunter spec. Warden, PotM, and Dark Ranger abilities should be incorporated where necessary.
    Wat?

Also not a big fan of adding a tanking/healing tree to pure classes, some of us actually like being pure DPS classes.