Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Noooo! Why would I do that Thats just mean! Or well, maybe only if I don't like them very much and they fish compliments about their baby all the time or shove the pictures or the baby in my face at every opportunity.

No, but i've definitely seen some ugly babies.

Maybe in hindsight, looking back at baby pictures, we could laugh at it together, but if the baby was right there in front of me, I'd be simultaneously insulting the baby, and the parents who birthed the little ogre. That's a solid 3 people now mad at me because I blurted out something stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all babies are ugly little monsters. I wouldn't be honest about it though.

Deleted
    For one of my cousins newborns I made the mistake of commenting that he looked a lot like a Gremlin (from the movies). She was seriously unimpressed. I didn't mean it to sound as insulting as she took it - was meant to be more of a joke because he was so wrinkled and looked super grumpy (was just a few days old). In hindsight I can see how it was taken the wrong way. Must keep mouth closed.

Deleted
    Unless I knew the person well enough for us to joke about such stuff, what other reason would I ever have to tell someone their baby was ugly?

Deleted
    I won't tell someone "YOUR baby is ugly". But I would tell someone that all babies are ugly should he/she ask me what do I think about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Unless I knew the person well enough for us to joke about such stuff, what other reason would I ever have to tell someone their baby was ugly?
    Well it isn't about you blurting out "hey what an ugly kid!" But more like sugar coating your opinion or just lying if asked.
    When someone is fat/chubby for example and they ask you, if they look fat people generally tell the truth? i think.
    But people do feel the need to lie about babies if they don't find them to look cute or pretty

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I find pretty much all babies to be ugly. They look like aliens. But no, I won't say that, unless I know the parents very well so I can "joke" about it without them taking it seriously.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    bias pictures are bias

If the picture of the 3rd baby was of the quality of the other 2, it might be a bit harder of a question.

OT though:

If it was a very close friend, I'd probably tell them. As for people that I don't know, or only keep at "arms distance," no. I wouldn't tell them they had an ugly kid.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Maybe in hindsight, looking back at baby pictures, we could laugh at it together, but if the baby was right there in front of me, I'd be simultaneously insulting the baby, and the parents who birthed the little ogre. That's a solid 3 people now mad at me because I blurted out something stupid.
    Love and tolerance, yo

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    No, I wouldn't. Simply because there is literally to no reason to say that. What does telling someone a baby is ugly accomplish? Its best to keep your opinion to yourself.
    The baby will grow up pretty and/or handsome if you voice your opinions. Thats why its always important to voice your opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I find all babies ugly to be honest, they all look like Winston Churchill. I tend to be polite, offer a compliment then change the subject.
    Same here..

Nope.
    Wouldn't do anyone any good, however; It would make the parents of said baby think you're an ass. If you critizise people for things they either don't want to change, or can't change, they'll just get sad or angry with you.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Deleted
    I think all babies pretty much look the same :I

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread made me laugh so hard! As evil as I am I would not tell someone that their baby is ugly. I don't find babies to be cute anyways

Anyhoo, I'll just leave this video here, I can't believe no one has posted it yet!!!

So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    I don't find babies to be cute
    I would say just that. Most of the time there's a way to be at once honest and tactful; that's what we call "diplomacy".

Every time I look in the mirror.

edit: lol thought it read "body".

No I won't tell some one that their baby is ugly because it is a moot point to make.

Deleted
    I don't say anything, cute or not cute. All babies look the same to me, and it's not really that important as they won't look like that forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i most definitely would.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.