Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What good could ever come out of calling someones baby ugly?
    What is the underlining point of that?

So you find someones baby to be ugly, what of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    [/COLOR]

Fastest turnaround ever?
    Bolded the word that you apparently missed.Your physical appearance is by and large out of our control but clearly changes as you age.

I wouldn't tell anyone they look ugly. That's not a thing that can be changed. I would make a comment about hair or clothing style. But not looks that you can't change. Especially babies'. All newborns are ugly, or at least most of them. But that changes quickly :3
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but if they know me, they know that I do not find babies cute. Ever.

My sister's baby was born with a square head...and I told her it looked like one of the Munsters. Funny I don't talk to my sister much these days
    Last edited by Budong; 2013-01-31 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    No, but if they know me, they know that I do not find babies cute. Ever.
    There is a long way from not being cute, to being ugly.

Only sith deals in absolutes

10+ Year Old Account
    No. There's absolutely no reason to do that. What are they going to do with that information? Nothing.

The only thing it accomplishes is making a proud parent feel bad.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

If I know the person well enough that they know I'm not saying it with malice, yes. Otherwise, I just don't bother because that's one can of worms I do not want to open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'm an honest kind of guy
    That's just code for "asshole".

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed View Post
    I would say just that. Most of the time there's a way to be at once honest and tactful; that's what we call "diplomacy".
    Thinking that saying "I don't find babies cute" to proud new parents is "diplomatic" is indicative of a condition found under A in the DSM-IV.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

If you think the second picture shows and ugly baby, you ain't seen ugly, baby!

There are babies that look like the little alien getting out of that dude. Would I tell someone that? No, because they already know. It's like telling someone in a wheelchair that they can't walk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    If you think the second picture shows and ugly baby, you ain't seen ugly, baby!

There are babies that look like the little alien getting out of that dude. Would I tell someone that? No, because they already know. It's like telling someone in a wheelchair that they can't walk.
    Thats not really true though, A lot of parents find their own children beautiful! They don't always lie. People have diffrent opinions of what is pretty and what is not.
    While you can't have a diffrent opinion on a person who has been proven not being able to walk.

Deleted
    I'd never dare to. That's just obnoxious. Who am I to tell a young and happy couple that their child is ugly in my eyes? That's just hurtful and accomplishes exactly nothing – especially when you're supposed to be friends. Clearly a 'No' for me. I'd just be polite and try to change the topic quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its their baby, why should you care about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Its their baby, why should you care about it?
    It's not about caring or not. When someone asks you something are you going to lie or tell the truth.

Deleted
    No baby is pretty, you just say that they are pretty to make the person happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Thinking that saying "I don't find babies cute" to proud new parents is "diplomatic" is indicative of a condition found under A in the DSM-IV.
    Insults aside, can you actually explain what is wrong with that ? Basically, the idea is "It's not about your baby, I'm just not a baby person, if you will". Which I can't find any problem with. Is that a symptom for a mental disorder of some kind, or is hypocrisy so prevalent as to be the norm here ?

Deleted
    Why would I go out of my way to directly offend somebody when I could so easily not say anything?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I'd never tell someone that their baby is ugly. If I know the gender, I might say "It looks just like it's father/mother" instead of "Oh my fucking gosh, did that ugly creature crawl out of you/your wife?! Poor you."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Why would I go out of my way to directly offend somebody when I could so easily not say anything?
    How are you going out of your way though when someone is asking you something? Are you just going to remain silent?

Deleted
    I don't know, I kind of find all babies ugly

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but that does not hide my perception that 1/10 are actually butt ugly
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.