Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much find all babies incredibly creepy and scary..(thank you 22 years of horror/thriller films -.-) I also struggle to tell the difference between an ugly and a cute baby so i usually just say it looks cute to not offend anyone :S

I also find it weird that i find all baby animals adorable yet find human babies weird looking :S
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-01-26 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all babies are ugly and they also look very creepy, especially the eyes

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think almost all babies are ugly, and generally want nothing to do with them. And the people around me know that well enough to know better than to push one on me and ask what I think.

That being said, why make a point of it? Beauty is a relative thing anyhow, and there's really nothing to be gained by being rude to a person just for the sake of being rude. If someone truly pushes me to give my opinion I'll give my honest one, but generally speaking a polite "I'm not really much for babies" is enough to end the scene without anyone being insulted and having feelings hurt. If I wanted people to think I'm badass, I'd skydive from the moon back to earth, not go around insulting people's babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Oo, edgy!!!
    hardly.
    but, it happened - so if i'm going to bother posting a reply to this, i might as well not overtly lie about it. /shrug.

Babies all look the same to me, generally speaking. And a baby's appearance is going to dramatically change over the years; so big deal if you got a ugly baby. Would I ever tell someone their baby looked ugly? Of course not, assuming it's not my arch-nemesis.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

All babies are always ugly. What is there to tell?

I find all babies ugly, but there's nothing in it for me to shit on someone's happiness because of my own negativity.

my recommendation would be not to tell any mother that their baby is ugly, or you risk physical harm, and no jury in the world is going to be on your side.

in parent's eyes the baby is beautiful. Our first baby was beautiful to us, until we recently looked at the baby pictures ... and wondered what we were thinking. But at the time when a baby is a baby, you should hold your tongue.

Deleted
    It's not like your "beauty" at an age of 2 months is a good indicator of your looks further down the road.

I'm afraid i may blurt out something like this :P

Deleted
    no, i do find pretty much all babies to be ugly though. but im not going to be that rude.

Deleted
    no all babies are nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Most babies are ugly in my opinion. They are little purple people whose entire existence is comparable to a drunk person. They make weird noises, can't walk, throw up without notice, can't control bodily functions and need constant attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Babies can't be ugly. Seriously, that's not what they're there for. That's like calling a banana ugly. Compared to what and by what standards? All babies represent purity and the blessing of new life, regardless of the standings of their parents or the environment they're brought into.

It's all about perspective. If people are actually walking around repulsed by the physical appearance of babies, maybe it's time to have a good hard look at that perspective. Not meant in a judgmental way but more of a "Hey, have you actually given that point of view a single shred of conscious thought?" kind of way.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    I don't think that babies look that cute. Not as cute as other people seem to think that they are. I like to find the resemblance of its parents in said baby.

Deleted
    Haha no way! That is just rude.

Deleted
    I probably wouldn't tell them that their baby is ugly...even though it is, just like all babies are.
    But I won't lie either, so I also won't ever say that it's 'beautiful', 'adorable' etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO! I won't dare to say that, maybe and just maybe if that person is really close to me... and i mean REALLY CLOOOOOOOOOSEEEEE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Babies can't be ugly. Seriously, that's not what they're there for. That's like calling a banana ugly. Compared to what and by what standards? All babies represent purity and the blessing of new life, regardless of the standings of their parents or the environment they're brought into.

It's all about perspective. If people are actually walking around repulsed by the physical appearance of babies, maybe it's time to have a good hard look at that perspective. Not meant in a judgmental way but more of a "Hey, have you actually given that point of view a single shred of conscious thought?" kind of way.
    Sure they can, I've seen some babies that look like that evil baby from the movie "It's Alive!". Just because people don't see it the way you see it, doesn't mean they have to have a good hard look at that perspective. I disagree with the thought that they represent purity and the blessing of new life or that they represent whatever else people like to say. They're just human babies, that's it. Little pooping and eating machines that cry all the time that will grow up to be like us. People over analyze babies in my opinion, but whatever.

Also, I'm pretty sure people would consider some bananas (probably the fucked up looking brown ones) to be ugly.

But back OT. I probably wouldn't tell someone their baby is ugly since people go ape shit over babies. I do, however, hate people that say how cute their baby looks all the time or when all they talk about, 24/7 is the baby and the things it does. Really, really annoying.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2013-01-26 at 10:32 PM.

At first glance would I be like, "Damn, dude that's an ugly fucking kid"? No, i'd probably be too happy for my friend or family member to be too judgmental of the kid's appearance. Though, if we were to get in an argument and if they were to get personal I would probably pull a, "Well, at least my baby isn't fucking ugly bitch." If they were to go there...totally would.