Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Guild Housing, Guild Multi-passenger Vehicle, Player Appartments, and Galore!

Ever see a useless abandoned building wondering if you can make it your home? Do you ever imagine raiding Stormwind D-day Style? Well wonder no longer cause this thread is for you!!

Guild Multi-Passenger Vehicles
    A guild needs a way of getting around as a group! And what's cooler than barging into stormwind in a caravan? Or storming the shores of West fall and see the surprised faces of unexpecting lowbies wondering wth is happening. Well with guild vehicles you can be that cool.

Guild Vehicles ranges from Hot Rods to Gunships, and it not cheap so you better get your guild to chip.

An estimate price would be:
    180,000 gold - Hot Rod (5 seater)
    420,000 gold - Caravan (12 seater, 2 at the front, 10 in the back)
    1000 gold - Canoe (but its a team effort to ride it)
    1,500,000 gold - Ship (Just run where ever you like its a boat!)
    14,000,000 gold - Gunship (it can attack too)

But in order to buy Guild Vehicles you need to have a guild property to park it, or in cases of boats, you have to buy a park space in a port town like south shore or shadowprey village. With the exception of the Hotrod.

Guild Real State

These outdoor world properties can be bought and sold like real real-state. You can buy a home for your guild in specially built homes in well known neighborhoods like Goldshire or Darkshire, or your guild can purchase property in Abandoned neighborhoods like Southshore, Alterac, Gilneas, or even Auberdine!

Your guild can pimp out your property with all sorts of decorations, you can even set your Heartstone there!

And a random group of Allies can just come in and gank your guild at dinner! Your neighbor can even be from the opposite faction depending on the neibourhood! But don't worry you caan just close the door! If your guild bought one.

New property cannot be built, you have to buy ones that already exist. Prices range from 100,000 - 2,000,000 depending on size and scale, obviously Shady rest inn would be pretty cheap.

Player Apartments
    For those lonely souls with no guild or money, I introduce: The Player appartment!! You can decorate it, you can heartstone in it, but you cannot park in it.

These apartments are instances located in orgrimmar and stormwind. Anyone can enter the apartment building which includes an entrance and a hallway of 3 separate rooms with instance portals.

There will be 3 variations of an apartment for each factions. For example room 1 is the bachelors, room 2 is family, etc, and you enter your apartment based on the type you bought.

Cost would be around: 1000g per week.

There is still a limit of 60 rooms so you should find a roomate.

House invitations

Since there will be a limited number of homes and appartment you can always allow people into your house. Obviously guild members or appartment residents are already allowed but you can still allow people into the house.

People who try to enter your guild house without invitation would be blocked by an invincible wall even if the door is open.

There will be a guess list that will open an UI of people you want to allow into the house and you just type peoples name like how you would invite them. By doing this you allow them to pass the invisible wall. Throw a victory party or two.

IMPORTANT EDIT

Serious:And to be less vague the main purpose of this is to create an outdoor world community. You don't know most of the people in orgrimmar and you probably never will. If players starts creating clubs and groups within the outside world players can start a community. Players can start knowing their neighbors, they can start having rivalries with clubs of the opposite faction and that would make alliances within the community. If there's trouble in a specific place its denizens will rise up to protect it. Also Clubs or Houses can have its own set of rules, and objectives, which means the club can makes its own quest such as killing 10 hordes or beat 12 neighbors, or what ever the clubs vision is. In doing these things the members of a house become closer and the idea of their home evolves and the house is decorated to incorporate to that idea.

WoW has some serious anti social issues right now and I guess I was being subtle about it, but this is a solution I thought off.

Also the house should have its own sets of mini games such as darts, chess, fighting pit, etc..

If you wanna know what kind of trouble we could be facing in the world my other thread in my signature would work well with this concept .
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-03-28 at 07:16 PM.

Is it April 1st already?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I really like that caravan idea, it might even work in-game right now with a few tweaks here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sims is ----------------------> that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The Sims is ----------------------> that way.
    As are Farmville and Pokémon and... oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    As are Farmville and Pokémon and... oh wait...
    I really fucking hate when people compare Tillers with Farmville. It's based on Harvest Moon damn it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Blizzard say (not sure if it was in a blue post or blizzcon) that they were going to implement Guild Inns?

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Is it April 1st already?
    Soon (tm)

Ten char

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I really fucking hate when people compare Tillers with Farmville. It's based on Harvest Moon damn it.
    And how many poeple have heard of some obscure Nintendo game compared to the millions that have played Farmville?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbster View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say (not sure if it was in a blue post or blizzcon) that they were going to implement Guild Inns?
    Its not too late to do it this way
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-01-27 at 12:24 AM. Reason: woops late not soon

That would be a fantastic way to get more people actively out in the world and making it seem more lively.

Oh wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one with the kodo look hilarious. A for effort!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Listen up, we don't want player housing. We just DO NOT.

The game needs some major overhaul with elements such as dynamics, the world being promoted etc..

If you are really sitting there at your keyboard and actually typing 'we need housing in the game of World of Warcraft!!' Then you are miles apart from me and the devs of the game. This is NOT the Sims. We don't want housing. Jesus. It's not going to happen. We hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    That would be a fantastic way to get more people actively out in the world and making it seem more lively.

Oh wait.
    Seriously? With outdoor caravan, ships, neighborhood fueds, and a full set of homies?

Besides just imagine the trouble that would happen if an opposite faction passed your turf? Specially if you guild has a house on dark shire there are instant defenders. Neighboring friendly guilds could know each other, they might even use War games more!!!

Plus all you need is a room where you can listen to trade chat and your set.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post

1.The game needs some major overhaul with elements such as dynamics, the world being promoted etc..

2. It's not going to happen. We hope.
    1.Long time dream, infact Dev team said it would be very difficult to overhaul the game and would unlikely do but id still love it.

2. Well it was originally planned just so you know.

3.It would not even take to hard to make, just the physics for the boat maybe even the caravan.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-01-27 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post

The game needs some major overhaul with elements such as dynamics, the world being promoted etc..

If you are really sitting there at your keyboard and actually typing 'we need housing in the game of World of Warcraft!!' Then you are miles apart from me and the devs of the game. This is NOT the Sims. We don't want housing. Jesus. It's not going to happen. We hope.
    speak for yourself. You don't represent me. And you damn sure as heck don't represent my friends. We all want some form of player housing. Almost every major MMO has some form of housing. Hell SWTOR gives us our own ships for gods sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And how many poeple have heard of some obscure Nintendo game compared to the millions that have played Farmville?
    Harvest Moon is far from obscure. And with that, the tilers is nothing close to farmville.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    speak for yourself. You don't represent me. And you damn sure as heck don't represent my friends. We all want some form of player housing. Almost every major MMO has some form of housing. Hell SWTOR gives us our own ships for gods sake!
    And you will get it with your farm on Pandaria.

This would never fly specifically because blizz has already said so many times now having people sit in org and sw is not what they want. This will not get anyone out into the world lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    This would never fly specifically because blizz has already said so many times now having people sit in org and sw is not what they want. This will not get anyone out into the world lol
    Yeah! That's why it should be out in the world not in some instance portal!

10+ Year Old Account
    What if multiple guilds want the same spot? Do they fight for it? First bidder gets it, highest bidder gets it?

Personally, I feel that being able to make your own house whereever would be pretty cool. I got me a cave in Teldrassil that would be pretty suave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    What if multiple guilds want the same spot? Do they fight for it? First bidder gets it, highest bidder gets it?

Personally, I feel that being able to make your own house whereever would be pretty cool. I got me a cave in Teldrassil that would be pretty suave.

I definately think they should add more spots like those. And basically yes, highest bidder, but the guild can sell it to another guild for their agreed price. Basically you just can't build too much, that would fill the world too much. But they should add like 2 additional houses to some villages or even add some inhabittable caves specially in remote areas.