Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i like the idea, def more flushed out than the other threads ive seen of it

Sounds like a plan. Dibs on a manor house in Nagrand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

10+ Year Old Account
    These ideas would be ... great! The result would be a world more alive and ultimately more cool.

I support the idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always had the ideas of 10 people submarines and 25 people airplanes, from Engineering obviously.
    I disagree with player housing though, this isn't Skyrim.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I've always had the ideas of 10 people submarines and 25 people airplanes, from Engineering obviously.
    I disagree with player housing though, this isn't Skyrim.

Which? Player housing, Guild properties or both? It is relatively exclusive though. Like 30 house per continent cross realm
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-01-27 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    I want to gunship raid Stormwind, and tare a new hole in that front entrance of there's.

Player gunships will just never happen. We all know what people do with large mounts...

If Blizz really wants to give some extra stuff to 25 man raiding guilds how about giving any "qualified" 25 man raiding guilds a guild house right in Org. Complete with AH, Bank, vendors, etc... and maybe a decent in game voice chat for that instance only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzmon View Post
    If Blizz really wants to give some extra stuff to 25 man raiding guilds how about giving any "qualified" 25 man raiding guilds a guild house right in Org. Complete with AH, Bank, vendors, etc... and maybe a decent in game voice chat for that instance only.
    Oh yea. Good idea. Give the most casual, roleplaying content possible in such a game to the most hardcore raiding guild on each server.

Do this and you'll see suicide bombing nerds at the Blizzard HQ.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Oh yea. Good idea. Give the most casual, roleplaying content possible in such a game to the most hardcore raiding guild on each server.

Do this and you'll see suicide bombing nerds at the Blizzard HQ.
    who the hell roleplay's in WoW, boggle. And i dont think I said anywhere about giving stuff away. Earned.
    Last edited by Frizzmon; 2013-01-28 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    who the hell roleplay's in WoW, boggle.
    Well Housing is definately Roleplaying stuff. That's why there is no housing in WoW, yes.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I really fucking hate when people compare Tillers with Farmville. It's based on Harvest Moon damn it.
    I think it's even better when people compare pet battles to pokemon. I really don't think these people even know what the pokemon card game is like.

I know Blizzard has been trying to avoid housing for a while in the game but this seems right up their alley in promoting guilds and player interaction in the world. Kudos OP for coming up with an idea I personally believe Blizzard is 100% likely to add into the game sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Which? Player housing, Guild properties or both? It is relatively exclusive though. Like 30 house per continent cross realm
    For one, you can't make content that is inherently exclusive (see: no possible way to obtain once it's "taken") in an MMO and no, heroic content is not considered "exclusive".

Secondly, if something was THAT exclusive the pricing should be a hell of a lot higher than what's listed.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I think it's even better when people compare pet battles to pokemon. I really don't think these people even know what the pokemon card game is like.
    When people compare to pokemon to pet battles, they're obviously talking about the Gameboy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I know Blizzard has been trying to avoid housing for a while in the game but this seems right up their alley in promoting guilds and player interaction in the world. Kudos OP for coming up with an idea I personally believe Blizzard is 100% likely to add into the game sooner than later.
    So basically you think it'd be cool to sit in your own (essentially) instanced version of SW/Org while waiting for your queue to pop? I mean I'm really curious what people think player housing can do for MMOs like WoW compared to something like UO where housing is almost a mandatory part of the game.

I would think it would be a more a issue with the dated WoW technology rather than roleplay crap.

you sound bitter, are you one of those dudes that constantly gets guild kicked and have to live on the lfr?

I would think it would be a more a issue with the dated WoW technology rather than roleplay crap.

you sound bitter, are you one of those dudes that constantly gets guild kicked and have to live on the lfr?
    There's nothing "technology" related that isn't already in place. They already have a singular area (the farm) that is phased directly to YOU. It's the sheer fact that there is simply no need for housing. I mean it in the sense of it would server no purpose at all except deserting the world.

it's all about players ego's and status for those uber raiders. I could see it now a million level 1 alts being created on Method's server to gawk at their Guild House with the world first banners hanging outside, much like the major sports francishes. In fact they could probably have their own AH vendor sitting in the Guild House window that the rest of us plebs can buy stuff from.

Will just say that Blizzard needs to think more out of the box.
    Also merge some low pop servers please.
    Last edited by Frizzmon; 2013-01-28 at 01:35 AM.

That should be separate from guild housing/hangout , that should be a Hall of fame where the guild with the top leaderboard gets a seat and a private room in the hall.

There will be a big round table with banners of top guilds all over the room. But only like the top 10. It'll be in Iron forge and thunder bluff.