Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    That should be separate from guild housing/hangout , that should be a Hall of fame where the guild with the top leaderboard gets a seat and a private room in the hall.

There will be a big round table with banners of top guilds all over the room. But only like the top 10. It'll be in Iron forge and thunder bluff.
    See, now this idea is somewhat neat. Primarily because it's do-able (well, somewhat) and actually serves a purpose. Some of the systems are already in place with the way CM's are designed. The hard part, and truthfully probably the reason they wouldn't do this, is having all the servers from a region being interconnected to where each Ironforge has the correct guild info to show, etc. Battlegroups are already connected but every server isn't connected.

It brings up a good point, I'd LOVE to see the bandwidth usage between all the servers, and total from all the servers. Would be something to marval at, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    For one, you can't make content that is inherently exclusive (see: no possible way to obtain once it's "taken") in an MMO and no, heroic content is not considered "exclusive".

Secondly, if something was THAT exclusive the pricing should be a hell of a lot higher than what's listed.
    Well the only thing I missed in the thread is a system for replacing owners of a property. I agree the guild hall is a good concept but it has a different concept and purpose than guild housing. No body in this game as to have a house, but the idea that players can have a base in the world seems like a good idea.

There should be a form of guild death match, But I think the best idea is leaving a property open for public to be bought at anytime but guild furniture and money should be refunded instantly.

Nice idea, the player apartment could go though.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so what would one do in the guild house? just hang there? If you can make a Inn and rent it out for extra guild income makes sense.
    If you want to chat to your guild use guild chat.
    Guild meetup? why what to do it in a house. Go on an adventure to some place in the world thats beautiful
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

10+ Year Old Account
    I want giant 25 man Guild Warships that are expensive as hell to build, and can be sunk in sea battles with other guilds.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Listen, it is very simple.

People in this thread are talking about " who gets what spot" .

1. Blizzard isn't going to implement this anytime soon if ever (blues have said so, no I do not have the post)
    2. What makes you think a guild gets a certain spot in the world? If it happens it will need to be instanced or something similar we see with quests, it cannot be anything else. You guys don't seriously think your house is going to be unique and in a certain street etc, next door to someone else's? I mean sure you can dream but this is idea lacks so much sense a triple facepalm wouldn't do it justice.

I got a question aswell for people wanting this. Apart from " roleplaying on roleplayservers (I can see the logic for a feature like this there)" - what would you actually do in such a house? Seriously, ask yourself that question.

If I ask this myself the answer would be: I would probably hold one or two " guild/officer meetings" there. Just because we can. But those meetings will def. be on TS/mumble/vent again in a very nearby future. When you're idling you might just want to go inside a few times. But really how many of your guild (unless you have a guild that contains HUNDREDS of accounts) actually idle in your capital (or anywhere else really as a setpoint in the world) to see more then 1/2 people in that guild. What would the benefit be seeing them as opposed to talking in /gchat/whispers? I don't see it.

So for me Blizzard would built this only to let it go to dust after perhaps one week. No one would use it, unless there are features in that house that would make such a thing viable. Such as an AH/vendors of all sorts/a laboratory that makes procs from Alchemy a lot higher etc. But other then that, it is a stupid costly idea, that unless it is easy and not costly to be implement, should never see the light of day in favour of more content/balance etc.

The mount thing is a nice idea. I don't mind a mount that can hold more then 1 person. But an entire guild? Why not just ask for Have Group Will Travel back? Cause the mount you are suggesting should be large as fuck. That said, why would I as your fellow guildie (I know I am not) join you on your mount when I can fly anywhere I want on my own terms. And perhaps I can fly there even faster cause I have the maximum speed on my mounts.

So apart from vanity (cause it is not logical or a feature that will be used a lot) pov, what good would it do? Nothing really.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-03-28 at 10:06 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... goodluck implementing that gunship idea thing into the wow engine and so for the ship and the one above it... And I'd doubt you can put a caravan but meh. As for the player housing thing, I think it would be great if they made it like Rift however, I remember awhile ago a guy at blizzard said this phasing new phasing thing in Thunder Isle could allow soon for player housing but again... One can keep dreaming for that :P as for the guild multi-passenger vehicle it might not work.

I find it funny that players said they want it, but they don't (usually) ever state reasons why they would want it (apart from actual role play).

To me it seems like a 4 year old kid who looks at that cereal commercial with the tiger in it (theeeeeey're great!!!) - thinks this cereal will be the best in the world! It should taste amazing and there will be sparkles everywhere, like magic. The child opens the box, sees his non-sparkling cereal and feels like: "meh". Or tastes it and feels like that. Now I am not bashing the cereal brand perse, (just a memory I have about that brand tbh) I am sure other people love it. But yeah you think you want something until you get it then you toss it away cause it is not like you expected it to work out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And how many poeple have heard of some obscure Nintendo game compared to the millions that have played Farmville?
    ...Obscure? Just because you're more aware of f2p pc games doesn't make others obscure.

I've always stood by the opinion that player housing and the like has no place in WoW. I also cannot envision any format in which it would work, in WoW anyway, but the devs have proven to have a lot more imagination than I do, so maybe they can come up with something. As far as I'm aware, there are games where this is implemented, I don't see why you wouldn't play those instead if this is so important to you guys?

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I find it funny that players said they want it, but they don't (usually) ever state reasons why they would want it (apart from actual role play).

To me it seems like a 4 year old kid who looks at that cereal commercial with the tiger in it (theeeeeey're great!!!) - thinks this cereal will be the best in the world! It should taste amazing and there will be sparkles everywhere, like magic. The child opens the box, sees his non-sparkling cereal and feels like: "meh". Or tastes it and feels like that. Now I am not bashing the cereal brand perse, (just a memory I have about that brand tbh) I am sure other people love it. But yeah you think you want something until you get it then you toss it away cause it is not like you expected it to work out like that.
    This is actually one of the reason why I think it has no place. Games were this works have it implemented from the start, you can even argue a lot of the game is built around that. We have seen again and again having too much instanced crap won't work, and that servers can't handle a lot of players in one location either (if you're imagining massive guild wars or anything..). If it ever makes it to WoW it's going to be a "by the by" thing, like the Tillers I suppose, and I don't expect it will satisfy any of you.

If this matters to you because of RP, I don't understand why you're not lobbying for things like better character customization/voices, biography options, etc.

there was starwars galaxy where players could build their own house and cities become bigger and bigger it was fantastic, but it is impossible to do in wow, first zones are too small, cities aren't true city just some shops, the ah and a bunch of questgivers/trainers, immagine stormwind or orgrimmar with all the player houses, guilds houses around? Peoples will complain that it take age to navigate a city or a zone.
    Now a solution like lotro? Yes this is doable but i don't know if blizzard ever do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    ...Obscure? Just because you're more aware of f2p pc games doesn't make others obscure.

I've always stood by the opinion that player housing and the like has no place in WoW. I also cannot envision any format in which it would work, in WoW anyway, but the devs have proven to have a lot more imagination than I do, so maybe they can come up with something. As far as I'm aware, there are games where this is implemented, I don't see why you wouldn't play those instead if this is so important to you guys?
    Yes agree.
    But wishing for something (as many players have done in the past and got what they wished) isn't bad. You play a game you love and you want something added that you think you miss now in the game you love, isn't bad at all.

But I do think that people should think about what good their wish would do. Would it actually improve gameplay and would it be used? I mean the feeling of a "home" ingame is nice. But if you never go there cause it is pretty pointless - it remains a feeling. Would a compagny spend its resources to feelings without any other point? I mean I feel "at home" in Stormwind. And that is enough for me. Being in a "guildhouse" would still likely have me in Stormwind (should the house be there) and the feeling of being in "my guilds or my house" wouldn't make this feeling stronger either.

Seriously what is the point of getting this?

Player housing could be a fun if they figure out a way to make it work. I believe it would definitely have to be phased like the farm and similarly done in stages. Add games to it, armor mannequins, storage space, a cooking kitchen, etc., etc. Keep it lively enough to encourage it to be visited, but not so much that folks don't go out into the rest of the game.

I've resigned that it'll never happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    Player housing could be a fun if they figure out a way to make it work. I believe it would definitely have to be phased like the farm and similarly done in stages. Add games to it, armor mannequins, storage space, a cooking kitchen, etc., etc. Keep it lively enough to encourage it to be visited, but not so much that folks don't go out into the rest of the game.

I've resigned that it'll never happen though.
    Cooking you can do anywhere. Why go into that house?
    Armor mannequins. I thought it would be a cool idea until I realised that these were in Skyrim aswell. Did you play that and use them? I sure as hell didn't. Who would look at them but me? And we have the dressing room if you want to look at it.
    Storage space. Yes more space would be nice, but do you have to have a house for that? You have a bank + guildbank (in the same place) + voidstorage.

I look at Stormwind like it is my house tbh. Everything I need is there.

And I thought about my previous suggestion. What if there are bonusses on alchemy if you use the laboratory in the guildhouse/own house? Well if we get that, no one or atleast a lot less people would be visible in the capital cities wouldn't they. The only reason to be on the street there is the AH. Not really my idea of an MMO. And like I said before - unless you have HUNDREDS of accounts in your guild - you won't see that many players in that guildhouse either at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    All cool ideas, but as of July last year, Blizz is still saying "No" since it would put people back into the cities (or homes) instead of being out in the world.

Source: Player Housing Idea

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ooo I haven't seen this one for a while!

I'm afraid there's no update since the last time we spoke about it. We know it's a feature that some players would be interested in, but consider the fact that players are sad to see the world outside the city is quieter since the introduction of things like the LFD tool and flying mounts etc. I'm speculating here, but player housing may take yet more people out of the world, and even cities.

Plus there's also the continuous weighing-up we have to do when it comes to development time. I imagine it would be a huge task, taking the devs away from creating new encounters and other features.
    Not saying that is the final word, but 3 years ago:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    During the Gamescom 2010, Tom Chilton declared that "housing will be introduced to World of Warcraft some time right after "never"."
    It might not always be a No, but it seems to be a no for the past few years.

thing change and priorities shift it remember me how for year flying mount was not suppose to be usable in azeroth and then the redo the entire world to allow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

am i seriously the only one who realized this was a joke post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    am i seriously the only one who realized this was a joke post...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q...housing&f=post

2300+ Guild / player housing threads

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=multi+passenger

200+ multi passenger mount threads

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q...%20ship&f=post

3000+ Guild Ship/mount ideas

You are the ONLY person thus far that probably missed the reality of someone requesting all of these things.

The best part about this is OP thinks the term real estate is actually real state. Carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard ever introduces guild housing in the game then it would probably not a building on land, i think.

Why? To make the world playable Blizzard made the world smaller then told in the lore. A distance of 3 days walking from city to city don't exist in WoW. Cities have been slimmed down. Town have only a few houses instead of many streets and such. So if player housing would be a building, then it would be very strange to pop up 100 houses in the gameworld. That is not realistic compared to the slimmed down towns. And then you have second problem as well. The gameworld is filled. A player/guild house does not fit anywhere.

What could be it then?
    Well i think if Blizzard made special gunships, zeppelins or warships that guild housing can be realized without much effort. They can create a special instance players where players can travel to by using a flight master and select the guild ship if the guild has one. This instance is seperated from anything in the world.

What will this guild ship have?
    The guild ship can many things. Like general/trade vendors, a bank, profession masters, guild Auction House (one that is not connected with the realm auction house), portals. All those things can be made in a way that you need to unlock like those guild rewards we currently have.

What will be definitely NOT in a guild house?
    Well blizzard wants us to have reasons to travel around the world. So things like the realm auction house, class trainers, reforgers etc... won't be there at all.
    Guild house should benefit a guild, but not replace anything else that can be found in capitals.

I remember they had housing in Star Wars Galaxies. I really liked having a place I could call my own. I got to pick the planet I wanted to live on, the location of my house, the size of my house. I could decorate anyway I wanted. It was a great place to drop off all of the cool loots I had collected on my adventures. I could even display my armor sets, weapons, and monster kills. I had a droid that would great me when I came home. I remember once I built a house in a place that had some sort of giant brontosaurus looking mobs walking around all the time and sometimes they would walk right through my house, or part of them would be in the elevator in my house making it so I couldnt use it. Of course they could never implement housing the same way in WoW. There are too many players and not enough land for them to build houses.