Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    3- This isn't Vanilla anymore. The game has changed from keep 1 char to experience new things to don't get bored. Well, you can earn more valor points on alts, but it seems there is a weekly cap os 1000 VPs, and i've read that items cost something around 1350. So it could take 2 to 3 monthas to get an average set of gear to a character.
    That is so true, as craftable items don't exist. Neither do BoE epics or it is impossible to upgrade your gear (at the moment). Valor point gear is ment to be an upgrade for you you're not getting out of your raids. Stop treating it like your main source of gear. On my paladin, I got 3 pve epics. The darkmoon trinket, the craftable chest and the craftable gloves. Apart from that I've got myself a pvp necklace (epic) and in a few days I'll make an epic OH with my alt (scribe). Next reset I will also be able to buy a pve necklace from Klaxxi, or maybe a different pve epic. So within 2 resets I went from 90 in quest gear to approx. item level 472, which is more than enough to start raiding.

You can seriously get gear in about a gazillion ways, so I don't see why you're complaining! Maybe you should spent some more time leveling and some less on the forums. At which point you'll actually know from personal experience what your talking about!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Also you actually bought and expac called pandaria without knowning you''ll interact with Pandarens? Wat?
    I thought we where going to slaughter them, invade their lands, mount their heads on pikes, integrate (enslave) their people into the horde/alliance.
    That sort of thing. I did not imagine that we where going to help them farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Do you like dailys? Because if so you're in for a treat!
    And not just any treat - Triple Chocolate Chocolate Hot Fudge Chocolate Chip Brownie Pudding Cake™ - ala mode. And a tall cold glass of milk.

If you like dailies.

How about just quit again? People who are enjoying the game don't really care about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forget where I heard it but apparently if you were racing to 90 it took about 2 hours less than the original 80-85 when Cata first hit. Even if it does take longer it only took me 3 days to get 90, I was only playing about 6 hours a day so nothing crazy either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take Wrath of the Lich King. The lich king himself was only part of the lore. We had Yogg Saron storyline, Malygos storyline, Wyrmrest storyline, etc.
    Sha, Panda, THunder King, Zandalari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

This is the most insipid argument in my opinion:

2- Too much Pandas related lore

Some people might think it's cool to have an entire expansion dedicated to the pandaren and their land. At least for now, I'm really bored to be helping countless farmers and other pandas, in a lore that doesn't really appeal to me, in a land that has nothing to do with world of warcraft. Yeah, imo, a chinease themed expansion doesn't fit wow imho."
    The hell were you expecting, man? Why does "chinease themed expansion" not fit but glowing spaceships from Draenor and red, impact-crater ridden, desert Mars-esque terrain are? Just ad hominem BS arguments. If anything, the Chinese themed expansion is more befitting of WoW considering the antiquated look and feel of the architecture and the nature/appearance of the Mogu.

Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    Sha, Panda, THunder King, Zandalari.
    Nope still only one thing, and one thing only.

/sarcasm

Addressing your points though:
    1) Leveling shouldn't be faceroll, enjoy the storyline, its MUCH better then Cata's imo and is not too long like WotLK.
    2) See above.
    3) Agree here a bit, though blizzard is working it on. Will be much better if blizzard puts flying at 85 once you have a 90, should come last patch if it follows WotLK trends.
    4) I don't PvP aside from the occasional random BG, though I have not noticed more bots than usually (during cata)

Take Wrath of the Lich King. The lich king himself was only part of the lore. We had Yogg Saron storyline, Malygos storyline, Wyrmrest storyline, etc.
    Man I must have imagined the Mantid and Klaxxi story arcs, the Mogu, Wrathion, the Titans, the Sha and potentially some Old Gods mixed in there as well. MoP is not centered around Pandaren only. If you think that you are just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's because some people think that Warcraft 1 to 3 are lore and World of Warcraft (which is basically Warcraft 4) suddenly isn't real lore.

"Oooh, we never had this in Azeroth so it doesn't belong here!"
    I wonder how many people said that same thing when we suddenly got the undead in WC3.
    Actually most people thin WC3 only is the lore. People tried to say Deathwing was a minor character.

Deleted
    Now you have the Mogu and the Thunder King, the Jinyu, the Klaxxi and the Sha. Though, I gotta say, the whole "too many pandas" mantra hasn't been sung in mmo-champ since the late beta days so kudos to you for necroing that trend.

1- Takes too long to level up

2- Too much Pandas related lore

3- It seems to be VERY alt unfriendly

4- Guildmates complaining about PvvP non stop
    1) For the first character i think that the levelling is ok but for alts it become boring and tedious
    2) Well it's an xpack based on pandas, like wotlk was based on the LK and he keep popping up the entire levelling, or cata with the entire story filled of dragons
    3) Yes it is and i don't know why they come up with this change, i understand keeping thing a little difficult for your first character so i've appreciated the no fly policies or even the daily crapfest but honestly there is no excuse to not let alt fly around or let them championing a faction with a boa tabard ulockable only when your main is exalted.
    4) Yes this problem is going on since wrath
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

there isn't a single pandaren raid. 99% of the mobs you fight are not pandaren either. believe it or not, the pandaren are quite a small part of MoP's lore. it's all about mogu, mantid and the sha.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I wholeheartedly agree with 1 and 3. Getting my warrior from 85 to 90 was downright painful, though it might have something to do with going for the Loremaster achievement. Even so, I wasn't too impressed with the quest design. I have a paladin and a death knight alt, and after getting the former to 90 and really experiencing just how unfriendly this expansion is for people with alts, I've decided to leave my death knight at 85 until the XP requirements for 85-90 are nerfed.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with 1 and 3. Getting my warrior from 85 to 90 was downright painful, though it might have something to do with going for the Loremaster achievement. Even so, I wasn't too impressed with the quest design. I have a paladin and a death knight alt, and after getting the former to 90 and really experiencing just how unfriendly this expansion is for people with alts, I've decided to leave my death knight at 85 until the XP requirements for 85-90 are nerfed.
    See I don't get the issue with leveling. Leveling in this expansion has been a tons better than it was in Cata to me, with the exception of the limited amount of 5 mans. Now if you want to bring up the level 90 stuff, I'll buy that, as up until recently it was very alt unfriendly. I have level 13+ 85's, currently have 3 90's and most of the rest are 87+ and I don't dread maxing them out nearly as much as I did with Cata. Once you figure out how to jump the zones and do the quests you like, its really not that bad. I skip most of Jade forest and Valley so that I can spread things out and take different approaches every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    Should've gotten the BoA weapons from archaeology and dread waste. You'd be killing stuffs soooo much faster.

In fact, you should spend an afternoon getting archaeology from 0 to 600, dig up the spear, and upgrade it before item upgrade is taken out in 5.2 (seriously, a 471 2h for 85 that lasts till LFR? yes please)

As for point 1, keep in mind that you HAD TO level in twilight highlands back in cata, and that place is atrocious for any 84, and lasts for forever as long as the previous zones combined.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2013-01-27 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling my fourth char right now - I have to say, leveling isn't that bad.
    I was 86 last night, hit 89 before dinner.

Dailies are not required, I don't do any and I got my pala on i483, my DK on i485 and both raid normal modes and so far mostly passed on loot.

I don't find it all that alt unfriendly but it will get easier later on with 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Do you like dailys? Because if so you're in for a treat!
    He He.. That's so cruel. It's like a guy climbing a steep cliff and just manages to grasp the top of the cliff, about to pull himself onto the ledge and you bash his fingers with a sledge hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    Should've gotten the BoA weapons from archaeology and dread waste. You'd be killing stuffs soooo much faster.

In fact, you should spend an afternoon getting archaeology from 0 to 600, dig up the spear, and upgrade it before item upgrade is taken out in 5.2 (seriously, a 471 2h for 85 that lasts till LFR? yes please)

As for point 1, keep in mind that you HAD TO level in twilight highlands back in cata, and that place is atrocious for any 84, and lasts for forever as long as the previous zones combined.
    BoA weapons from Arch are indeed amazing. But what you're saying about Twilight Highlands I don't understand. The only zone I felt I "had" to do was Deepholm. On every single one of my characters and pretty much all of the place so I could get Therazane to at least friendly to get the tabard. Which took sooooo many quests in that dreadful (I seriously disliked that zone) place! Deepholm was for me the reason to make my 5th alt a scribe, so I didn't have to care about Therazane rep (and with that quests in Deepholm)