[Engineering] - Portable Reforger Please?

On a 24-26 hour cd so it won't be abused? Thanks.

I really doubt it would get much use with a timer like that. The cooldown would have to be more inline with perhaps the portable mailbox to make it worth it.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

It's called Grand Expedition Yak and it has no cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, I'm sure they'd make it require a dozen or so living steel bars...

so they might as give it to Alchemists to make.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchaeus View Post
    It's called Grand Expedition Yak and it has no cooldown.
    this its only 108k and usable on alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    this its only 108k and usable on alts
    only? D:

but yeah, thats why the grand expedition yak is there >.<

Don't be poor, get a yak.

I would love something like this, I sadly cant afford the yak
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Yak can't be used in 2/3 raids this tier but I don't think a portable reforger is the way to go, we already get lots of fun stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should add it to engineering, but to keep it from becoming exceedingly common
    it should take 50 spirits of harmony, about 200 living steel bars, and maybe 100 or so of the new thunderforged steel bars....or w/e i was reading up on before
    and 1 of each stat legendary sha touched gem.

maybe an onyx panther as well as a mat for it.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    while the yak is nice.. its also crazy expensive. and there is no way to farm it. not like you could farm mats to make a Jeeves style reforger. i dont have tons of gold, but i can farm for a little while and eventually get the mats for a robot. plus.. mounts have limits, and a portable reforger thingie would be usable indoors (or raids). so yah.. would be nice to see this as an alternative.

during wrath i farmed for weeks to get a mammoth, mostly since it was usable in raids at the time. i had places that i could hop on it and let guildies repair. and that was 16k... in relation id have to farm for months about 5 times longer then i farmed for the mammoth. with raids being indoors mostly, its not much better or more useful then the mammoth.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-01-27 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Editing stats on items seems like more of an enchanting job to me then engineering. Hence the "arcane" reforging. If anyone it should go to enchanters.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    while the yak is nice.. its also crazy expensive. and there is no way to farm it.
    are your professions eng / bs or something?
    enchanting even on an alt means you can farm for it.
    do burning steppes runs for rare mobs de loot, turn in perfect / imperfect dramyst spheres de more greens put blues on ah.
    sell chanting mats, run bc heroics or even reg mode, sethekk halls at least once a day, de those greens
    sell mats
    and then go to pit of saron de the boss epics and greens, then shatter crystals, sell those chanting mats.

there you go, 2 hours and you've made aboutat least 20k
    might get a hilt drop, so pop it up to 70k, might get lucky on greens dropping pop it up to 100k..

so on and so forth...
    don't have a chanter? well mining / herb med lvl mats, find out what alchemy uses to level primarily, check prices, and farm those
    good examples are normally purple lotus, terocone / mana thistle(or netherbloom) and various northrend herbs.
    mining is a lot easier less ores than herb to search, go farm lower lvl mats and get like 50-100g a stack

--edit-- for dungeon runs kill everything...loot everything...get those grey weapons and vendor em for 5-20g ea as well.
    solo tk, kara etc...tons of greens there and easy enough vendor purples for bc stuff, and de for wrath stuff, vendor again for cata stuff.

even if you didn't sell mats you can easily farm for it. vendoring stuff from old dungeons gives decent / good income.
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-01-27 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Christan: i think i may not have been clear. yes you can farm things to put on the AH, and hope that people buy your things at good prices compared to the time you've invested. what i meant was, i cant just go farm some ore to make the mount. i cant farm things that i dont need gold for. i have to farm things to sell for gold to eventually buy the mount. id really wish i could just farm mats to make the mount myself. or in this case... farm bars and whatnot to make a reforger bot.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-01-27 at 04:51 AM.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    @sinndra which is why i put another option up above my second comment, i was giving alternate ways.

make mats for said bot farmable but about equivalent time value for normal players (or gold value, just average prices across all AH's for mats)
    hence 100's of bars and 50+ spirits of harmony etc...that post was though an opinion, it was an honest one.
    if they do add a bot for reforges it should be as hard to get timewise, or goldwise if you use the AH, as the reforge mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    if they do add a bot for reforges it should be as hard to get timewise, or goldwise if you use the AH, as the reforge mount.
    i dont think it should be anywhere near close to that value. you cant pack up your bot and run at mount speed. nor can you offer your friends a ride on the bot. so im thinking easily half the cost of a mount. if the mount is 108k.. then about 50k worth of bars and bolts or some combination.

just to compare.. we had the mammoth thing in wrath, plus jeeves. and jeeves was much cheaper yet did the same thing as the mount vendors. getting the parrtern for jeeves was a lil harder. im thinking the same concept should apply here. pattern can be rare, but mats to make it should be much cheaper then the mount.