10+ Year Old Account

Network adapter issue

After my computer died I took my harddrives and graphics card to my cousins so I can put them in a spare computer he has. Computer boots up fine and dandy, but it doesn't display a network adapter sub tree in the device manager. I have been all over google looking for fixes and cannot seem to find one.

We have tried both a wireless adapter and plugging the ethernet cord into the computer to see if the computer would recognize either but alas it does not.

Side problem is that I have a Radon 5570 card in there and it does not let me bring up the catalyst control center for it, just denies the fact the card is in there despite the fact I have the display running from that card and have PCI - E enabled for the default boot.

I also have whatever LAN option that is on the BIOS enabled, cannot think of the exact terminology in which it was stated but it defiantly seemed like something that should be enabled.

System model is an Inspiron 518

Will be checking this thread regularly and provide whatever information that anyone requests that can help solve the issue. Thank you

Solved the issue
    Last edited by Muraza; 2013-01-27 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what OS are you using?

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7 64 bit

Before my computer died I never had an issue with the network or connecting to the internet in any regards.
    Just started when I put the HDDs and GFX card in his computer, so I am not sure what the effect of a different MOBO would have but this is silly

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:46 AM ----------

Have an update on the situation, it got worse.

Went back to my house and got my wireless network card I was not using any longer. Threw that into the computer and booted it up, promts to start windows normally or do a windows repair.

If I start it normally, it goes past the windows logo screen, then will flash a blue screen to fast for me to read and then restart. Before I put that card in the computer would go to my desktop no problem.

I am doing the system restore right now and I honestly do not even know where my last restore point is. So this is a little sketchy and scary for me to do but it seems something has been done somehow to my components that are messing it up.