Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

i have it and love, working on clearing it on sss neph for achieve then off to other difficulties. i was never a huge DMC fan but a fan of the genre of game so the new direction doesnt bother me. i actually kinda like new dante, but it makes me sadface of weak vergil seems/ is in the game. needs some of that dmc 3 vergil flavor. I think is the game wasnt associated with dmc at all but stayed as it is people would say it was glorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I started out with DMC4 and got somewhat late into the series, I just can't seem to get into this game. I fell in love with DMC when I first played it and no-lifed the shit out of the game completely. Same thing for the previous installments which I played after DMC4.

However, this game just can't seem to hold my attention. Sure, the visuals and effects look great, but the story is just SO boring and every character I see just looks lame and uninteresting. And yes, part of what ruins the game for me is this crackhead Dante. I just can't identify myself or get attached to him. Again, he is just some crackhead where you know nothing about who is in limbo. For all I'm concerned this could be due to an overdosis of coke.

Also, being able to steamroll without thinking about anything and being able to rank up scores so fast with little to no skill required. I mean compared to other installments you have like a minute to time your every move.

I just really can't get into it the way I loved and got into the previous games. A shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    However, this game just can't seem to hold my attention. Sure, the visuals and effects look great, but the story is just SO boring and every character I see just looks lame and uninteresting. And yes, part of what ruins the game for me is this crackhead Dante. I just can't identify myself or get attached to him. Again, he is just some crackhead where you know nothing about who is in limbo. For all I'm concerned this could be due to an overdosis of coke.

Also, being able to steamroll without thinking about anything and being able to rank up scores so fast with little to no skill required. I mean compared to other installments you have like a minute to time your every move.

I just really can't get into it the way I loved and got into the previous games. A shame really.

^ my thoughts exactly. Some of the graphics give me a bit of a headache too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to read the thread yet since i dont want any spoilers. But i just bought this for 25% off from greenman gaming http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...devil-may-cry/ you just need to enter to voucher code in the description.
    I wasnt very happy when i saw the original trailer, ebut after seeing some of the environments ive had to buy this game. Better than nothing!

EDIT: So i just finished the game, took me 9:30, i only found 3 secret missions (with the keys i had). Anyway i really enjoyed it, was much better than 2 or 4 imo and a very worthy reboot of the series. Honestly if theyd changed the character to look more like the old dante i could have been fooled into thinking it was a prequel. Dante was much less of a douche than i expected. If your on the fence i definately recommend you picking it up.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-02-08 at 01:53 AM.