Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Why do pick-up truck drivers ALWAYS speed?

No question about it, I'm not even over-generalizing. Maybe it's different where you're from, but not here. Pick-up truck drivers ALWAYS speed.

I'm driving down the Highway in my Taurus going the speed limit? I'm going to be passed like I'm going 20 mph.

I'm turning left on a 2-lane road? You bet he'll pass me on my right and drive half on the dirt.

the northern US is currently being buried under a foot of snow and I feel safe driving 10 mph under the speed limit? No man, its okay, you have 4-wheel drive on your F-150, please just pass me going 10 miles above speed limit and kick up snow on to my windshield.

Oh, its 2am on a tuesday night? WHERE DO YOU HAVE TO BE that you feel justified driving 100 mph down the freeway with your brights directly on my rear? No cops on the road huh? Going to be a hotshot? Nice car emblem of Calvin peeing on the logo of whatever sports team you don't like.

Whenever I'm on the highway and a pickup truck goes speeding past me at the speed of light, I silently pray it fishtails and then skids into a deep ravine, shattering into a million pieces, then explodes into a fiery hell.

Sure, people who speed aren't always driving pick-ups, but every damn pick-up driver speeds.

WHY? WHY IS THIS?

Why do non-pickup truck drivers always drive so slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Why did the road cross the chicken for that matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Compensation (the same reason they have the truck to begin with).

Side note, it always seems to be people from W-VA driving through VA to DC around where I live, it's like they never learn...
    Last edited by Codyak; 2013-01-27 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    Compensation (the same reason they have the truck to begin with).
    or perhaps they need to move stuff that wont fit in a car or van from time to time
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

They don't? I mean, shit, almost every day on my commute to school I get stuck behind this guy in his pickup going 15 under the speed limit. You're just seeing shit.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    or perhaps they need to move stuff that wont fit in a car or van from time to time
    Maybe like every tenth driver I see, the rest just add the lift kit and truck nuts on the tow hitch. Plus I get some fun satisfaction out of knowing known of them could blow by me unless I allowed it.
    Last edited by Codyak; 2013-01-27 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They don't? I mean, shit, almost every day on my commute to school I get stuck behind this guy in his pickup going 15 under the speed limit. You're just seeing shit.
    No way am I seeing shit. I've had pick-up drivers fly past me so fast my car rattles. What area of the planet are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    No way am I seeing shit. I've had pick-up drivers fly past me so fast my car rattles. What area of the planet are you from?
    America, but you are saying each and every pickup driver ever speeds, but that's horseshit. Yes, a lot of them do, but not all of them.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

sounds like someone's upset they have to drive a taurus.

Why must I cry why must I cry why?

10+ Year Old Account
    West Australia - ALL trucks; buses. A lot of people I've seen here speed without a care.

Only people I see that don't speed are postal vans, and taxi's.

The trucks are particularly frightening, driving at the speed limit and having a hunk of metal coming down the road at 30km/h over the speed limit up your tail.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Pretty much the only reply this thread needed.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen a pick-up truck going over speed limit.

Maybe it's because no one drives such a vehicle around here

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    Maybe like every tenth driver I see, the rest just add the lift kit and truck nuts on the tow hitch. Plus I get some fun satisfaction out of knowing known of them could blow by me unless I allowed it.
    why do people like you think those with a small dick have to compensate for something? i dont get that.. who are you trying to impress?

Deleted
    Usually here it's white van men, taxi drivers, bus drivers and lorry drivers that seem to have a different set of rules on the road to everyone else.

I think replacing "pick-up truck" with "crotch-rocket" would have made your thread title more accurate. I've never seen anyone on one of those going less than 20 over the limit. People driving "regular" motorcycles seem to behave themselves much better.

because of your negative perception.
    I sometimes speed when I drive my truck, but it's mostly because I 99% of the time drive my tiny car with a tiny ass engine and forget when I drive my truck it has some actual power and can go fast.

I drive a pick-up and don't speed however I did not get a truck larger than i needed, only an old 96 chevy 1500. For some reason though many people with large pickups and SUV's seem to speed, tailgate, change lanes without signaling ect. In my experience the people that own these vehicles/drive irresponsibly are either acting like jerks because they can't do so to other peoples faces, or are insecure about something and so feel they need to drive a vehicle that takes 2 parking spaces in the middle of a city.

On a side note these same people are also the ones who complain the most about gas prices, it's like they don't realize a larger engine and more weight take more gas to move. I have a buddy with an F-350, and he added a lift kit, larger wheels a roll bar ect and he uses it to drive around town it has never been on dirt. His vehicle actually takes 4 spots in a parking lot because it is wider than a single spot, and since he went with a crew cab and extended box its something like 32 feet long. He is always complaining about not being able to find parking spots/gets stuck in parking lots if anyone parks around him since without alot of space he can't turn. He also complains that get gets all of 4-5 miles to the gallon in the city and when I suggest he get a car he says they are for poor people, and yes he speeds where he can usually on the freeway or the larger 4 lane streets.

EDIT: Funny story, once he cause a traffic jam that was a couple blocks long because he couldn't get under a drive through. The Timmy's he was at enters directly from the street with room for 4-5 cars because who ever designed it should not have gotten said job, anyways he gets stuck there with cars behind him and can't go forwards or backwards. The police had to block off the road and get everyone off of it so he could back out.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2013-01-27 at 10:49 AM.