[Star Wars] JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars Movie!

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21214040

There has been a lot of discussion over the last few months, about how Disney & LucasFilms have killed off a great story, but this move fills me with a lot more hope then I previously had.

I've loved the last few films Disney has managed to push out (Tron Legacy & Avengers) and I love what JJ Abrams did with Lost & Star Trek.

Question; Do you have faith in the next Star Wars Film being awesome, now that JJ Abrams is directing it?

Don't forget to mention <Fringe> , another one of his succesful series which just ended (with a real ending, not a cliffhanger ;p) after 5 seasons!

So yea you could say i'm quite stoked to hear this news! I was never really fussed about the new star wars movies anyways, it's great and I never got the qq around it!
    made by Shyama

I knew it was going to be great when i first heard that disney bought the rights, i mean c'mon they bought marvel and look what they've done with it... amazing

I've never watched Fringe myself, so I just included what I knew.

I've always loved the Star Wars franchise, and although I did prefer the Episode 4, 5 & 6 more, I still loved Episodes 1, 2 & 3.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 10:29 AM ----------

Sorry! Didn't see the other thread about this. I did a quick scan, but nothing prolonged.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Once it left Luca's hands, it could only get better. Bringing Abrams in will definitely push it in a positive direction.

someone who has directed stark trek movies has absolutely ZERO business directing a star wars movie. i am beyond pissed off at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    someone who has directed stark trek movies has absolutely ZERO business directing a star wars movie. i am beyond pissed off at this.
    Of all the things wrong in the world today, this pisses you off?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    Other then the quality of a director's previous movies, I fail to understand how his previous work makes him the wrong person to direct a Star Wars movie. If anything considering the job he did at Star Trek you should be quite happy.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account