10+ Year Old Account

Darced the Emberweaver [BIO]

Name: Darced the Emberweaver (This character has been updated, look below.)
    Race: Undead (Forsaken), Human before the Scourge
    Class: Mage

Languages: Common, Orcish

Faction: Horde

Personality: Mentor-like, with an eye for humor and easy going

Likes/Dislikes: Fire magic and teaching his fellow comrades. Dislikes Hellscream's Horde and Varian's Alliance.

Appearance: Slim (Even for an undead), Dark hair, Dressed in Red Fireweave Robes

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strong ranged caster with quick reactions, frail when close.

History: As a mage of the Kirin Tor, Darced was always seeking to learn more. From the time he's met the Archmage Antonidas, Darced's been intrigued by the arcane and it's affects on the world of Azeroth. The magics surrounding the use of flames and time manipulation caught his eye as he began to study within the halls of Dalaran. He practiced his spells well after classes were over, but he can never form a complete fireball or commit to a perfect blink spell. He spoke to his teacher Antonidas when one of these sessions led to him smacking a wall, Antonidas told the child to seek his origins. Darced at first was confused but listened further as the great wizard explained to him that a feeling of loneliness can often have a profound affect on one's mind. The child never thought of that before and decided to search as Antonias suggested. Darced, though young set out with a group of wizards investigating a plague near the village of Stranbrad in Lordaeron. As Darced searched for any sign of someone who'd recognize his name the other wizards began to scream. Undead monsters had gripped parts of the town and began to chase any who lived in the area. Darced fled and returned to Dalaran where he stayed until the undead eventually came to the city's gates weeks later. Dalaran fell soon afterwards and Darced along with many other wizards were slaughtered. After the battle Darced was raised to serve the undead hordes of Lordaeron. He began attending lectures led by the lich Kel'Thuzad and still met no success with his castings.
    The young wizard roamed Lordaeron directed by the lich king until the grip over his mind weakened. Darced joined Sylvannas and her Forsaken armies and fought the Scourge with the few spells he did know. Years after his freedom was granted, Darced was nearly driven mad by his inability to cast basic fire and arcane spells, he eagerly joined the Northrend campaign in an attempt to force out his talents. During the fighting up north Darced began to develop a sense of belonging with his unit, a group of mages who once served the Kirin Tor, his old classmates. The fire in Darced's heart was kindled by this reunion and he began to spew fire across the undead hordes of Icecrown, he became to be known as Darced the Emberweaver and was honored by the Forsaken. Darced ever since has served as a mentor for new mages in the Horde and a powerful sorcerer in times of war. With new conflicts on the horizon he stands ready with his fellow mages to blast any threats to their beloved kingdom into dust.

Since http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Open-RP/page16

Darced has since taken on the role of the Voice of Sylvanas, a prestigous position that gives the individual authority of Forsaken forces in any land that requires the Dark Lady's attention. After being granted his title Darced along with the Grey family under Causis the Tainted recruited a band of adventurers to take on a growing threat within the dark halls of the Forge of Souls. As the Voice Darced led the Forsaken into the Forge and revealed he was to reanimate the dread lich Kel'Thuzad who had threatened the world years earlier. Causis and the adventurers plotted to stop him but were interupted by the Scourge and later the Forsaken and Causis who were possessed by a demon. The adventurers freed Causis but failed to stop the Voice who had now revealed his true identity from entering the Forge antechamber to ressurect Kel'Thuzad.

After fighting the possessed Forsaken and escaping the Forge of Souls. Causis and the adventurers were saved by the Scourge who had unexpectantly offered their assisatance. After escaping a ferocious winter melee against the demonic Forsaken the Scourge took the adventurers to Ymirheim, an ancient Vrykl city where the Scourge's "new master" awaited them. They arrive to find a lich to greet them. The lich turns out to be Darced who despite his loyalty to his teacher had taken his powers and form. Kel'Thuzad could no longer complete the duty assigned to him, so instead Darced plans to execute it for him. He bestows shard of Frostmourne to the party and tells them to warn the world of his coming invasion of Lordaeron.

Now, Darced the Damncaller, he plans on somehow saving the word through violence and invasion from some unseens threat possible far stronger than he.
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-08-06 at 12:53 PM. Reason: specifications

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this a lot, Darced would have been slaughtered-turned-undead at the same time as one of my characters, Vonduke Darkspire. Just one thing I noticed was that you say he's 30 years old, but that conflicts with your history. If you don't feel like doing research, you can check out Vonduke's Bio, and choose an age similar to his, as while Vonduke is probably 30 or so years older than Darced, they are still relatively close in age and history.

EDIT: Looked it up myself, Vonduke is 112. I'd guess based on your wording about Darced's young age in Dalaran that he's probably about 95-100 years old. You can research it further if you like, but that's a baseline you can reference.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-03-09 at 03:55 AM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I thought the Scourge struck only a few years before the events of WoW? Thanks for the input, I may rethink his age. Oh, Vonduke and Darced should meet sometime; undeath can be very lonely. :P

From a timeline perspective, the sacking of Dalaran was roughly 10 years ago, assuming Cataclysm lasted as long as in reality, similar to Tbc and Wotlk, Darced would have been about 20 when he died. For a mage that is a tad young, but given enough Talent I don't see a problem with that.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-03-09 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Phone fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input Khorianas; I don't mean to suggest he was overly talented, but more like the average mage who had his share of spell-weaving problems. Thanks to all who takes a gander at Darced's BIO, I'm sure he appreciates it.

No problem; all I meant was a mage needs a certain amount of trainig so 20 is on the young end. I took for granted that he is not a perfect spellweaver because no human ever is.(I also took for granted he is human btw.) When evaluationg a Biography a "possible" or "doable" verdict from me is good.

Basically, the way I see it, Blizzard can't specify every question that might come up when you develop a character, so I tend to say it's okay if nothing is explicitly againt it in Lore.

Oh and a small edit.

With Forsaken Bios i usually always specify a age at time of death and the actual (un)lifespan, since the death is of major importance of course. Also I add the race before death since we have undead of different races too. Just little nitpicks but they help at a quick read.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-03-09 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great point, I don't want to confuse people with that, I'll get right on it. Thanks for the input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone, I made a short animation showing what Darced the Damncaller looks like, take a peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvMbruAwUP4

Sorry for the bad render, and I'll probably make more later on.
    Last edited by Darced; 2013-01-27 at 06:57 PM.