10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Under-rated and overlooked artists/bands right now!

What artists and bands do you think are really under rated right now. With the music currently in the charts I feel the music industry are missing out on alot of talent that are being completely overlooked by the musical media.

I got a large collection of music in my library of music are artist that are not even in the charts right now and or haven't even been picked up on, which is shame because their song writing and musical style is really great.

Here is one artist I think is currently been overlooked and are under rated right now (i'll come up with more later, i'll be here all day if I was to list all of them)

Cosmo Jarvis
    : I love this guy he does some really great tunes that are kind of alternative indie/pop, he's had a great set of releases with songs like Gay Pirates, She's Got You and Love This. Apparently he hasn't touched the US or the UK in terms of success and fear it will result in him selling out to get any recognition which I really hope he doesn't do. He has been recommended by people like Stephen Fry and John Barrowman and still has gone completely ignored.

The man is a great talent and song writer who needs more attention. While not completely original its still worth noting that he can give a real emotional and passionate performance and it shows through his music.

He is currently four albums in right now, each album has something different to offer, the second album (Humasyouhitch/Sonofabitch) is a double album with more urban indie sound, the third (Is The World Strange or Am I Strange?) is a more pop sound while his current release (Think Bigger) is more indie/pop.

Here are some of my recommendations...

What artists or bands right now do you feel are under rated or overlooked?

Deleted
    James Morrison and McFly are two of the most underrated artists around! Both from the UK. McFly have always been seen as a band for screaming teenage girls, so their musical quality is often overlooked!

10+ Year Old Account
    Low Roar is an amazing artist from Iceland. I stumbled upon his music on Spotify which shone a light on him for me. The video below is my favourite song off his album though I have linked a live version because he sings it just as well if not better:

Just a Habit

Nobody Else (dreamy yet dark)

Give Up

EDIT: Added a few more
    Last edited by Neetz; 2013-02-01 at 09:19 PM.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Wow that Cosmo Jarvis guy is really underrated. Nice find.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 07:53 PM ----------

Damn I've been listening to Cosmo Jarvis ever since I saw this thread. His best songs IMO are Gay Pirates and this one:

HE IS SO GOOD MAN. I wanna sing that at my wedding some day for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cosmo Jarvis, very nice indeed. 'Love This' < - Love this!
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~