Best Rogue Spec for Heart of Fear

Hi!
    My guild has just started our Heart of Fear progression (late I know), and I was just wondering what is considered the best rogue spec for the majority of the fights in HoF.
    So far I have just been playing combat due to the weapons I have been able to obtain, but I have had a few other rogue's tell me assassination is the better spec for HoF.
    Any helpful feedback will be appreciated

Deleted
    In my personal opinion it's:

Imperial V - Assassination.
    Blade Lord - Assassination.
    Garalon - Combat.
    Wind Lord - Assassination.
    Amber Shaper - Combat.
    Empress - Assassination/Combat (I'm undecided on this yet, for heroic)

Deleted
    Imperial V - Assassination. Elusiveness
    Blade Lord - Assassination. Elusiveness
    Garalon - Combat. Leeching
    Wind Lord - Assassination. Elusiveness
    Amber Shaper - Combat. Leeching
    Empress - Assassination/Combat Elusiveness

well if you play normal only then you can play what ever you want

Imperial V - Assassination
    Blade Lord - Assassination
    Garalon - Combat
    Wind Lord - Assassination
    Amber Shaper - Combat
    Empress - Assassination/Combat i tired both and well im also undecided
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

What those guys said is generally best. But you mentioned a weapon difference in favor of combat? You weren't very specific on that point, but a reasonable difference in weapons is most likely going to put combat ahead on single target.

The problem is that atm Assassination pulls more damage than the other 2, but combat cleave is really really useful for some fights.

Reforgings are pretty screwed if you switch from assa to combat - i'm just hoping for sub becoming really competetive so i can switch to it for single target and keeping combat as offspec without having to reforge every. damn. time.

EDIT: what others said is correct. But if you play normal only and don't mind padding meters, you can keep assassination all the fights (for Garalon, just nuke the boss usually legs explode so fast it's not even worth switching to them due to our bad mechanics).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    In my personal opinion it's:

Imperial V - Assassination.
    Blade Lord - Assassination.
    Garalon - Combat.
    Wind Lord - Assassination.
    Amber Shaper - Combat.
    Empress - Assassination/Combat (I'm undecided on this yet, for heroic)
    Differ re Combat on Garalon.

Unless your guild are letting you pretty much solo the legs, or they are really really bad, and now they have nerfed the duplication of leg damage on the boss through BF, then the legs have such low uptime that you get little or no cleave. I do around 150-170k on hc as Assassination and most Combat parses do not come near that (or the ones I am looking at involve bad Rogues).

Otherwise, agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just stay Assassination for everything and change spec and weapons for Garalon if I feel like it. Assassination is fine for the fight. I prefer it over Combat for Amber Shaper as well because multi-dotting feels a lot nicer than cleaving since you can control it. Sometimes you cleave things you don't want to. I just prefer the play style of the spec overall, I don't use it because it will do more damage. I'm Combat right now because of my gear but I'm enjoying it for Sha progression.