Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's not really about the off healing, reword it to utility and you might have a better discussion about it. Shadow Priests, sure, their Flash Heal was nerfed but they still have insane utility. Mass Dispel, Shields, Renew etc.

So here's the summary:

Arena viable : ret, feral, enh, ele, shadowpriest

rbg viable and you will get invited above 2k rating: shadowpriest, feral

rbg viable 1500-1700 range: anything play for fun lolz

patch 5.2 buffs monk and they will get viable and maybe even mandatory in arena and rbgs, ring of peace is op and their damage was buffed!

Easily boomkin..

With all my cooldowns up, I've hit 200k+ starsurges on geared opponents (with skull banner and wsg damage buff up). Vortex+solar beam along with my cooldowns has enabled me to 1v3 and 1v4 on countless occasions because of the insane damage. Dot everyone up, and if you have decent crit, you get many back to back starsurge procs. If I start dying, getting away from my opponents is incredibly easy with displacer beast and travel form. NS+Healing Touch provides burst heals of 100K+. Symbiosis can also provide you great utility. AMS from a DK, Mass Dispel from a priest, Cloak of Shadows from a rogue, etc.

If you don't want to go shadow priest or ele, then boomkin is the choice for you. Remember though, they are very gear dependent atm. When you gear up and have decent crit, you really start to eclipse(lul) most other classes on the damage charts.

Moonkin is one of the hardest hitting classes in the game when left to freecast with cooldowns up. Without cooldowns up they don't do as much but there's a catch. In arena you have fewer targets and dotting them up will not translate to as many starsurges. In an rbg you can dot up a lot of people, put spread pressure on healers and then get lots of starsurge procs to feed into one person. The problem with moonkin in arena is that they can't peel all that well against melee for teammates and they flop over against those same melee if they go on them as well (even with displacer beast it's hard to create any space and dots don't do enough pressure outside of cds as compared to what a high uptime melee will do to you). In an rbg you can get a lot more peels and focus on dps and get much better results from those dots.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    So here's the summary:

Arena viable : ret, feral, enh, ele, shadowpriest

rbg viable and you will get invited above 2k rating: shadowpriest, feral

rbg viable 1500-1700 range: anything play for fun lolz

patch 5.2 buffs monk and they will get viable and maybe even mandatory in arena and rbgs, ring of peace is op and their damage was buffed!
    I would take Enhance and Ret off of the arena viable list, and most teams struggle finding a spot for Ferals in RBG's, with their melee beign warrior, DK, rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to figure out why so many people think elemental is viable in arena. Not arguing just curious, so maybe the better question is, what rating is considered viable?

Don't know how everything will end up panning out in 5.2 since everyone is getting changes, some good...some bad...some more than others. For the sake of argument, I'll assume things stay generally the same then I'd go feral for arena and boomkin/guardian for rbgs.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Deleted
    My guess is Ret paladins

15+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins is the only thing I can think of that can do rbgs and arena, though a little lacking on the arena side. WW is getting good next patch so take a look at it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose