Ghostcrawler Quits, Dave Kosak Promoted

Tonight we were witness to an example of messy break-ups gone wrong as Dave Kosak, Lead Quest Designer for World of Warcraft, grabbed the wayward reigns of Class and Systems Design from Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street. Informed that Ghostcrawler would be spending a drunken weekend gambling to ease his sorrows, Dave "Fargo" Kosak decided to take to Twitter in an attempt to officiate and continue the iterative process that is balancing World of Warcraft using the hastag "#TakingOverForGhostcrawler.

Ghostcrawler, seeing this and no doubt effectively inebriated at this point, turned venomous and began to criticise the story of World of Warcraft (which is -in part- helmed by Lore Guru, Dave Kosak) with sarcastic tweets under the hashtag "#TakingOverFromFargo". I've created a transcript below for those who dislike Twitter.

@DaveKosak AKA "Fargo"

Yeah I'll be taking over class tweets now! RT @Ghostcrawler: GC fairly unplugged for a few days. Expect few updates.

Rogues? Nerf. Mages? Nerf nerf. Shaman? BUFF. 4th Shaman spec uses HATS instead of totems. Done. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

Mages will now be called "Whizzers" and can only cast spells by screaming "Firebolt! Firebolt!" into their headset. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

Paladins and priests are no longer allowed to raid on the sabbath. Exception: Shadow priests with guitars. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

RT: Warlock green fire replaced with confetti

Hunters are now allowed to tame Druids as pets. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

Enhancement Shaman tank spec: Dual-wield shields. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

Death Knights now take damage from healing. To balance, DPS classes can damage them to restore health. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

For science, all class nerfs will be done on a single server so we can compare to the norm (Sorry, Lightbringer). #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

This. RT @Eliot_Lefebvre: You can't buff Shaman. You literally can't. Anything the class lacks in power it makes up in awesome. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

I'm keeping the moose. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

Druids get new DPS spec, where they shapeshift into a Worgen Hunter. #TakingOverForGhostcrawler

Hm, @Rastailian points out that would allow Druid Hunters to tame themselves. Accordingly, they can "Stampede," (looks like mirror image.)

Yes! And Forsaken can cannibalize living Death Knights! RT @SihnonHunter: Taurens & Worgens now skinnable.
    At this point Ghostcrawler caught wind of what was happening on the Twit-O-Sphere and began chiming in his bitter vengence:

@Ghostcrawler AKA Greg Street

Night elves will henceforth no longer be sissies. #takingoverfromfargo

No more trolls. Thunder King was their last stand and it failed. #takingoverfromfargo

Tauren realize their goals have always been more in line with the Alliance. Swap imminent. #takingoverfromfargo

Anduin duels Garrosh. Loses. BIG SURPRISE. #takingoverfromfargo

New warchief? Undead Gamon. #takingoverfromfargo

Gnomes... no. Just no. We're sorry about gnomes. #takingoverfromfargo

Out of bad guys, so... Lich King's back baby! #takingoverfromfargo

Folks, we have no idea where we're going with Draenei. I mean... really. #takingoverfromfargo
    It seems that, for now anyway, tensions have simmered and matters have moved from public eyes to private discussions. It remains to be seen whether these changes will stick or are yet to be implemented. However given community support for many ideas represented we may be about to witness an unprecendented shake up in the Game Development of the Warcraft series.

Sources:

Ghostcrawler's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler

Dave Kosak's Twitter: https://twitter.com/DaveKosak
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2013-01-27 at 11:29 AM. Reason: It was all in jest.

Jokes.

Not sure if srs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just banter...

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Suddenly, devs just having fun and poking sticks at each other.
    The sky is falling!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    You don't know what you have done Thesmall001, thousands and thousands of Ghostcrawler hater jump and cry tears of joy right now because of you. Will you take the responsibility for the sad faces they make as soon as they find out its a lie ?! ;D

I had a good laugh at "Night elves will henceforth no longer be sissies. #takingoverfromfargo" That will never change.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    damn it, was hoping it was true
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    All fly mounts now work like the joust quest in hyjal rofl would be awesome xD

HAHAhah hilarious.

op =/ You gots me all excited for a moment.

Kind of humorous, but I would imagine they will get a nice " wtf were yall on" from the higher ups.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    You don't know what you have done Thesmall001, thousands and thousands of Ghostcrawler hater jump and cry tears of joy right now because of you. Will you take the responsibility for the sad faces they make as soon as they find out its a lie ?! ;D

I had a good laugh at "Night elves will henceforth no longer be sissies. #takingoverfromfargo" That will never change.
    You'd think, given how salty they taste, tears would not be very refreshing and yet they are so delicious and provide me great sustenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was appropriatly hilarious for my morning giggles. Thank you.

Deleted
    Devs mocking Shamans their appalling performance, nothing new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Devs mocking Shamans their appalling performance, nothing new.
    Shamans are fine.

Also, this was obviously banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkyy View Post
    It was just banter...
    What? Are you implying they weren't serious? O.o

Deleted
    I actually found the idea of a nerf server pretty fun.

My standards must have really slipped.

There was already a thread on the tweets going on tonight here. There was no need to make another one and especially not with such a dramatic title.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions