Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It seems a lot of people are confusing racism (which is inherently negative) with stereotyping (which isn't necessarily negative but can be).

Everyone stereotypes, not everyone is racist.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    No it isnt. Everyone can see what other "cultures" have brought into the civilised Europe.
    Last edited by mmoc74dbc71507; 2013-01-27 at 04:54 PM.

Depends if you call me racist when taking calculated risks. If I have to make a decision, yes skin colour will come in mind if I don't know someone well. Socially or otherwise (I believe socially) that skin colour is more/less likely to do X than another skin colour. I'd be a fool to not consider it. On these boards you may not be called racist for that, but elsewhere you often are.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Has nothing to do with. They grow up in culture where these things are cool. It's cool to ditch school, smoke buds, slang rocks, pimp ho's, etc. Being poor has nothing to do with it. Made up so liberal whites feel better about themselves. I've lived in the "hood" and trust me the youngsters aren't sitting around saying "damn this society is so hard to live, I'm gonna go break into a house". It's not how it works. They want the money from the video's not the money you earn when you go to college for 4 years rack up 30-60k of loans and only make 45k/yr.

Europeans might have a different view cause honestly I don't think their black communities are half as bad as they are in US. Just google ghetto fights for about 5mins and you get a REAL view of what its like instead of fake unreal view you possess.
    I go to the ghetto's, projects, warming centers, and shelters on a daily basis due to my job. Seems to me that the white ghettos and the black ghettos have the exact same problems with drug addiction/dependence, prostitution, lack of education, violence, and neglect.

I would be willing to go so far as to say that being poor as a LOT to do with it. That and severe mental illness seems to be very pervasive among the indigent, white or black.

And yes, looking over your posts, yes you are racist, yes it's a big deal, and yes you should feel ashamed.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    And socioeconomics have nothing to do with this? Take a random black guy and a random white guy from below poverty level, middle class, upper-middle class, and the wealthy class, and compare their behaviors. Crime rates have more to do with homelessness, poverty, and the atmosphere of impoverished neighborhoods than race by a long shot.
    This exactly.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2013-01-27 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    If you get on a bus, and you see 10 white people, is it racists to say "there are ten white people on the bus."

If, per capita, black people commit more crime than white people, is it racist to say "black people commit more crime per capita than white people."

When the fuck did it become racist to point out facts? This mindset actually perpetuates racism.
    I don't think it's necessarily racist to say that, but when it's black people commit more crime per capita than white people insinuating it's because they are black it might be. Skin color isn't even the most important variable in the equation.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Would a true racist person have a filipino wife?
    Sure, yeah, lots of people are racist against only specific groups.

I think you mark anybody that has anything negative to say about another race as a racist. Life must be fun painting with such broad strokes.
    I'd say that's generally true, although categorizing people as "a racist" doesn't really work that well. I'd rather point to a specific action and say, "that's racist". When you run down black people, that's racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    That a nonsense for me since we are all human. I can hate someone white because i'm white.. but i can't hate someone black because i'm racist ? Come on !

It 2 differents thing. If i hate you for your skin color i'm racist that a fact. If i hate you because your a jerk than i'm not !
    there's a difference between hating someone that is white, and hating someone because they are white. it has nothing to do with being racist.

If I sit here and say I think black people are more likely to commit robbery, that doesn't make me racist, it makes me someone who is stereotyping. It's like saying all asians are good at math, it's not racist it's STEREOTYPING.

I keep an open mind when it comes to perceptions, because often enough many of the "facts" people spew out are nonsense, nothing more then something they've heard from their dad.

That said, I don't like the immigration laws in the U.K. / E.U. because of the statistics that follow them. As far as I recall, and if I can find the report i'll dig it up and link it, in 2005 a report was published into immigration in the U.K. and it revealed that 67% of immigrants would be on Jobseekers or the Welfare System within 6 months, and of that 35% would never come off the welfare system in some form or another.

Because of this, I personally believe that we should kick out most* immigrants from the U.K. and close our borders. We should operate a much stricter system and we need to make this country more British.

Now, many people would claim that is a racist angle to take, but I don't personally believe so because I'm not doing it due to their skin colour, nationalities or beliefs. I'd go as far as saying I'd kick a lot of British Citizens out as well, but I can hardly deport people from my own country, to another nation, where I could deport immigrants to their home nations.

Does this make me a racist, or a realist? I don't consider that racist, but racism and what people perceive as racism is a dynamic line.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    there's a difference between hating someone that is white, and hating someone because they are white. it has nothing to do with being racist.
    Got to agree here. It depends on why you dislike someone. If you so happen to have been beaten to shit by a Black Man, I can understand you may be a little worried, but that is still no reason to label every Black Man.

Hating someone who is Black = Not Racist

Hating someone because they're Black = Racist

Deleted
    That a nonsense for me since we are all human. I can hate someone white because i'm white.. but i can't hate someone black because i'm racist ? Come on !

It 2 differents thing. If i hate you for your skin color i'm racist that a fact. If i hate you because your a jerk than i'm not !
    Some people are also racist against their own " race" may sound stupid but i heard of it! Not saying its a common occourence but it isn't allowed to harrass people with that either even though you share the same skin color.

Is this a Euro/Asian racism or real racism? 'Cause you can talk to a white dude in France who thinks a white dude in Austria is a different race than him. You can talk to a Chinese person in Beijing who thinks some farmer across the mountains is a different race than him. Or you can talk to some white dude in Maine who only sees black people on TV and thinks black people are all criminal welfare recipients. The former is silly nationalism/tribal crap, the latter is silly racism, they're both equally stupid, but I hate when non-native English speakers get the two confused.

If you carry a gun.. no not really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It really means at what level, and form of racism you take.

Personally I define racism as: You loathe another person because of their nationality or skin colour.

To me, if you find a Black Women (For example) not as a attractive as a White Women, that to me isn't racism, nor is the preference to be treated by someone who is the same colour as you. I think it is extremely stupid, closed minded and ignorant, but not racist.
    That makes very little sense, you can't choose what genetic traits you are attracted to because they are developed environmentally without personal input or control, it's not even in the same league as ignorance or racism. As for being treated by someone who's the same colour, that is racist and closed-minded. It's making the assumption that somebody of another race is less able to fulfill the task. Your implication that the two are the same is misguided and judgemental, I'm not saying this from the perspective of someone who is offended or finds other races unattractive.

Deleted
    If you don't let racism influence (or not to much atleast) your choices and judgement AND you keep it for yourself than I see no problem with racism.

It's when you hurt other people with your view on racism that it begins to form a problem...

I think the old argument of:

If you are walking down the street and see a group of blacks do you cross to the other side or otherwise do something to protect yourself... and is that racist... is the fine line.

You can be a racist assuming they will mug you or be correct statistically that they are probably best to avoid. It's a hard thing to overcome in reality.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Personally I define racism as: You loathe another person because of their nationality or skin colour.

To me, if you find a Black Women (For example) not as a attractive as a White Women, that to me isn't racism, nor is the preference to be treated by someone who is the same colour as you. I think it is extremely stupid, closed minded and ignorant, but not racist.
    This statement to me is just incredibly dumb. I'm sorry for saying that but sexual attraction is what it is. Each nationality has a different look to them and not finding one nationality attractive is natural. Just because you may find african-american women attractive doesn't mean everybody does.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:07 PM ----------

Oh god I definitely know what you mean.

Deleted

...? What? How is it extremely stupid, close minded and ignorant to not find black people attractive in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Some people are also racist against their own " race" may sound stupid but i heard of it! Not saying its a common occourence but it isn't allowed to harrass people with that either even though you share the same skin color.
    A good example might be Samuel L. Jackson's character in Django (the D is silent). What a great movie to see, I recommend it to all racists and non-racists I think all parties envolved will get something out of this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I think the old argument of:

If you are walking down the street and see a group of blacks do you cross to the other side or otherwise do something to protect yourself... and is that racist... is the fine line.

You can be a racist assuming they will mug you or be correct statistically that they are probably best to avoid. It's a hard thing to overcome in reality.
    It's a difficult situation, personally if I saw a group of 5 [anything]'s I'd be a little wary. In the end you have nothing to lose from crossing the street and perhaps being seen as prejudiced, remove yourself from the situation entirely and it ceases to be an issue. Risk assessment > prejudice.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is racism then there is racism...

There's PC racism which is people just crying racism because they think something minor like a comic strip or and old TV show is racist because they used a word of stereotyped something wrong and then ask for it to be burned or censored... Thats stupid..

But plain racism that involves evil intent and racism with intent to harm is really bad, I just cant stand people that would openly be a racist and be proud and I know some one, and it makes me really sick especially as we live in a time when we expect to be over this.

Na. Being racist is not a big deal. It's the people that listen to it and are offended that have the problem. Sticks and stone may break your bones, but words will never hurt you.