Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    Yes because this shit couldn't have anything to do with social status am I right? You're not racist, you're just ignorant, which is just as bad if not worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's not being a realist, but pretty much the definition of racism.
    Wait. But what if he's right. What if, per capita, black people are more likely to use drugs, commit violent act, and disturb the peace.

I have no idea if that's factual, but assuming it is for the sake of argument, is it racist to point it out?

The answer is no.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    Ok i feel comfortable to post this question here:

What kind of ethnic blend is this ?

Insanely hot.

I will make a small distinction between economic tendencies and violence, but not racial tendencies.

There is no correlation between race and violence in any way what so ever, as every race on this planet has committed both acts of splendid philanthropy and horrible atrocities.

I there's a thuggish looking individual I would be wary, regardless of skin color. Aside from that however, yes being racist is a big deal and something you should step away from. Racism is the idea that all individuals of a race are to in some way inferior based on the color of their skin. This is an unfair classification and one that shouldn't be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be considered racist when it comes to my opinion of gypsies in my country, but my opinion is at least based on a lifetime of experience in living near them. I understand that it's not the same in Romania, where even other gypsy clans hate the one I'm speaking of, but at least in my country gypsy camps are a den of thieves, vandals, muggers and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    so the fact that when you see violent behavior in a group, actual conformable proof that this particular group could potentially be a threat you aren't concerned, but when a group of people of a different skin color come near you whom you have not witnessed commit an act of violence you feel threatened, and this doesn't strike you as ignorant or closed minded or potentially based on beliefs you would be better to work past?
    Didn't I just say a lot of mexicans are bikers as well? If you ever been to the Laughlin run you would know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I'll agree with the others that chalk it up to more of a hatred towards cultures than race. I hate the ghetto culture but often when I describe that view I get labelled "racist" "stupid" "ignorant" and all the other colorful insults that have been hurled since the beginning of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The point is that the claim of everyone has some form of racism in them may be pretty valid.
    Patriotism, a feeling, an act of being someone/something special. More special compared to the others...
    Like in sports, being loyal to your club. Totally loyal, everyone else is below you.. Or in countries.... My country is the greatest country on Earth. That's patriotism, yet labels every other country as lower....... Some forms of racism, ain't it? At least damn close, hence the questions.
    you are mixing up patriotism with nationalism

It's fine. People should learn that world is not always fair for everyone. Deal with it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Insanely hot.

Makes me wonder how would humans react into totally new intellect alien race. What if they looked totally hideous and smelled terrible (just like we would to them I'd think)? Wouldn't it be racist to segregate them from us?

oh, nvm forgot that it would be about species, not races. Would I be "speciest" if I did this?
    Last edited by mmocfd546f5e2f; 2013-01-27 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post

Insanely hot.
    Lol, shes way too white for me and not attractive imo. (might hit it if I was drunk tho) My wife is from the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Wait. But what if he's right. What if, per capita, black people are more likely to use drugs, commit violent act, and disturb the peace.

I have no idea if that's factual, but assuming it is for the sake of argument, is it racist to point it out?

The answer is no.
    Actually it is, because you are attempting to say that the race is the cause of the behavior with no proof that race is anything more than a statistically irrelevant variable in determining the cause of the behavior.

Deleted
    Lol, shes way too white for me. My wife is from the Philippines.
    to each his own i guess but guys i need info

I know theres some french canadian in there if you dont answer im gonna ask her on twitter

Sorry it went over your head. I tried to explain it slowly and thorough but there is no reaching you.
    Don't see where I said that it was my reading comprehension that's bad. Yep, it was your comprehension that I was talking about which you just kind of proved again with you response.

Nah for some reasons bikers have never worried me. I go to the Laughlin run almost every year for the last 25years and never once had a problem with a biker (and there is A LOT of mexican bikers too). I was there in Laughlin (not at Harrahs tho) when the big brawl between bandidos and hells angels broke out, so yes I do know they can be violent as well it just is not the same to me.
    Violent and very racist. Yet they don't bother you...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where I live, we have very very few black people, and a whole lot of poor white people. So if you meet a black person on the street, they're fairly likely to be a successful educated businessman, and the random white people you meet are more likely to be the criminal drug addicts. So since that's true in my area, does that make the OP a druggie because he's white? No, and you'd be stupid if you said yes. And you're stupid if you assume that a guy is violent because he's black too. It's all about demographics, not race. A poor white slum is not really any different than a poor black slum or a poor asian slum or a pure hispanic slum...

You're not a realist OP. A realist looks at the real situation (go figure) and makes judgement calls on it. A realist would think "I'm in a poor part of town with a high crime rate, I should be wary." A racist thinks "I see black people, I should be wary". Both a realist and a racist would be wary when walking down the streets of Harlem alone at night, but you can't call yourself a realist if you're bringing extra baggage into the decision making process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    Actually it is, because you are attempting to say that the race is the cause of the behavior with no proof that race is anything more than a statistically irrelevant variable in determining the cause of the behavior.
    Where did I say that race is the cause of the behavior? See, that would be racist, but I never said it.

And this is the point I'm getting at. It's not racist to say "per capita, white people are more likely to be pedophiles." That's not racism, not even close. It's a statistical observation.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    you are mixing up patriotism with nationalism
    May I remind you, I asked 2 questions... I've foreseen that crossover...
    At what point turns patriotism into nationalism, and therefore when into racism.....
    I am pretty sure that just about every American will tell you that they are patriots. Barely anyone will say they are nationalists.
    Which one is true...... And to be fair. It applies to every country.

I hate the ghetto culture but often when I describe that view I get labelled "racist" "stupid" "ignorant" and all the other colorful insults that have been hurled since the beginning of this thread.
    Hate is a strong word.
    When you say hate, do you mean
    'I'm disgusted by those people. I feel anger/fear towards them. And I want them all to disapear. They have no right to live.'
    or
    'I don't want to get involved with those people. It is a shame these people behave like that. Can't they be more like the others'

If it is the first, yes you are a racist in my eyes. If it is the second ... don't use words like 'hate' when you talk about dislike, and try to respect other's their way of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beere View Post
    Hate is a strong word.
    When you say hate, do you mean
    'I'm disgusted by those people. I feel anger/fear towards them. And I want them all to disapear. They have no right to live.'
    or
    'I don't want to get involved with those people. It is a shame these people behave like that. Can't they be more like the others'

If it is the first, yes you are a racist in my eyes. If it is the second ... don't use words like 'hate' when you talk about dislike, and try to respect other's their way of life.
    Excluding the 'right to live' thing, that's prety much how I feel about ghetto culture. It promotes anti-intellectualism and other foolishness that perpetuates the statistically high occurrence of crime and poverty in the black community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post
    Maybe way back, when races were pretty much seperated geographically, the region where one lives may be more violent than others. But especially now, in this globalized world, race isn't a valid argument.
    Except there are seperate geographic locations where there are violent races. They're called ghettos, the Middle East and Africa.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.