Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    but to say only black people were hung is being dumb.
    Nobody said so.

Why do people associate being hung as a black only execution? The Witches of Salem say hello, so do most of the white criminals of the old west.
    White " criminals " of the old west... The blacks were hung because they were black not because they were criminals, and the black ones are the most recent in occurrence; up until the late 60s.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:01 PM ----------

Yes, because they go around hanging non criminals, also back during those times. It was illegal for blacks men to sleep with white women. Not saying i agree with the law, but it was a stupid law back then, and was enforced. but to say only black people were hung is being dumb.
    * Implying that sleeping with a white woman invalidates due process of law *

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    White " criminals " of the old west... The blacks were hung because they were black not because they were criminals, and the black ones are the most recent in occurrence; up until the late 60s.

My Grandmother was raised during that time. She remembers the whole water fountain thing and having to not look at the white people because they may get angry and try to hurt her. It really confuses me when people act as though everything ended with slavery as though the civil rights movement never existed. Is it so surprising when some black people may not like certain thigns because of the past, especailly when there are living relatives who were alive during those times, who likely weren't to fond of whites for their own hardships and may have passed that off to their children. My grandmother however ended up with a white man from spain so this never happened with me; however, it's not like it's uncommon or as though it can't happen, give it 2 or more generations.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-04-21 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I like how he says "white criminals"

Slept with a white woman back in the day and you may get lynched....

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:45 PM ----------

Criminals being lynched for being... criminals is one thing blacks being lynched because of racial motivations, is a completely different issue.
    Being racist as they were back in the day, white women wouldn't have slept with a black man on consensus. If often implied rape, and that is punishable even today. But yeah, as I said, just jump to the "it's racism" conclusion cuz it's the easiest thing to do, never mind any other explanation.

White people being beaten to near death because of racial motivation is the same, so yeah....when will you finally get it that racism can go both ways?

Just stop, while i get what the other two were saying, now you are just pushing it. MOST people were void of due process, and if they were given a trial by jury, or judge. It was usually an already set outcome, regaurdless of race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    You poor guy. You got called racist? That's like the worst thing ever. That's got to be at least as bad as being lynched. You're such a victim.
    You're such a tool. In that case, no black man on this earth has the right to be offended by the N word, because that's not being lynched. Does that sound about right to you? Being called racist just because you're white is an act of racism in itself. Racism is not something only white people can be, get it in that thick skull of yours already.

" Well, what else could we do? He was hopeless. I'm no bully; I never hurt a nigger in my life. I like niggers—in their place—I know how to work 'em. But I just decided it was time a few people got put on notice. As long as I live and can do anything about it, niggers are gonna stay in their place. Niggers ain't gonna vote where I live. If they did, they'd control the government. They ain't gonna go to school with my kids. And when a nigger gets close to mentioning sex with a white woman, he's tired o' livin'. I'm likely to kill him. Me and my folks fought for this country, and we got some rights. I stood there in that shed and listened to that nigger throw that poison at me, and I just made up my mind. 'Chicago boy,' I said, 'I'm tired of 'em sending your kind down here to stir up trouble. Goddam you, I'm going to make an example of you—just so everybody can know how me and my folks stand.'
    J. W. Milam, Look magazine, 1956 "

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    You're such a tool. In that case, no black man on this earth has the right to be offended by the N word, because that's not being lynched. Does that sound about right to you? Being called racist just because you're white is an act of racism in itself. Racism is not something only white people can be, get it in that thick skull of yours already.
    Well except for the whole fact that racism against black people is actually a thing with big impacts still felt today, and using racial epithets enforces this. You know, if you ignore reality you're totally right! ^.^
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

This. I loved how i was called a racist by fellow black employees during the 2008 election because i stated i was voting for McCain, based on beliefs of both candidates.

But when they stated they were voting for Obama because " bout time to have a brotha in the White House" Is not racist, it's " pride".

Institutionalized Racism is something only white people have been capable of in this country for the longest amount of time.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:20 PM ----------

This. I loved how i was called a racist by fellow black employees during the 2008 election because i stated i was voting for McCain, based on beliefs of both candidates.

But when they stated they were voting for Obama because " bout time to have a brotha in the White House" Is not racist, it's " pride".
    If that is exactly how your whole encounter went, then it is called ignorance; get over it.

Institutionalized Racism is something only white people have been capable of in this country for the longest amount of time.

If that is exactly how your whole encounter went, then it is called ignorance; get over it.
    " Get over it", so can i use that line when blacks talk about racism in their life? Just wanna make sure we are straight here.

Being racist as they were back in the day, white women wouldn't have slept with a black man on consensus. If often implied rape, and that is punishable even today. But yeah, as I said, just jump to the "it's racism" conclusion cuz it's the easiest thing to do, never mind any other explanation.

White people being beaten to near death because of racial motivation is the same, so yeah....when will you finally get it that racism can go both ways?
    Are you off your head? How the fuck do you think the push for interrational marriage came from?! It was because whites and blacks had relationships!

Are you off your head? How the fuck do you think the push for interrational marriage came from?! It was because whites and blacks had relationships!
    Many slave owners had multiple black slave mistresses, and mixed children as well. Which i find ironic.

So... when a white person calls me nigger because I'm half black I shouldn't be insulted?

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:28 PM ----------

Many slave owners had multiple black slave mistresses, and mixed children as well. Which i find ironic.
    It's not ironic... mixed children sold better and were worth quite a bit. When the Irish were enslaved they were often forced to have sex with the blacks in order to produce mixed children. This was later outlawed because it was seen as almost cheating and a sure way to make a lot of money.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:31 PM ----------

Also when that shooting happened that was targeting blacks by those two guys his facebook post said "my dad shot by a fucking nigger" Or when those people found and beat up a nigger because well he had the audacity to be in a parking lot by his car doing nothing. Or when the nigger got ran over because he was a nigger.... racism nor did the word nigger and it's use towards black die... these are recent stories... You'd be hard pressed to find as much racism from blacks towards whites that ends in such violence.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-04-21 at 05:33 PM.

I'm not talking about your shitty country, I'm talking about racism worldwide. You're not winning any arguments against white racism just because in your country they asked for it some centuries ago. Ir-fucking-relevant.

Ok, based on that, calling you nigger right in the face would make me ignorant, not racist. Right? Right? In that case, get over it nigger.
    I dare you to get offended by that. I dare you. I double dare you, you double standard.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 05:40 PM ----------

White and blacks had relationships? White people loving black guys? Oh snap. Where the fuck was the racism then? I guess they weren't hating black people that much after all, eh?
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-04-21 at 05:42 PM.

In this thread, white people being butthurt about what a travesty it is they can't call people n-words. Oh the humanity of having to not act like a child.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I'm not talking about your shitty country, I'm talking about racism worldwide. You're not winning any arguments against white racism just because in your country they asked for it some centuries ago. Ir-fucking-relevant.

Ok, based on that, calling you nigger right in the face would make me ignorant, not racist. Right? Right?
    You're comparing a person voting for obama because he's black (which is ignorant) to calling someone a nigger? Talk about grasping at straws.

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone thinking about getting into this topic:

Be very careful what you say.

Whether you're holding a bigoted view or not, almost anything you say can be contrived into prejudice.

For my money, bigotry of all kinds, including racism, is caused by misunderstanding of certain facts, facts that are commonly presented in a racially motivated way (by all races). Peer pressure obviously plays its part, particularly if there's a family invested in this type of thing. The biggest tragedy is when people who argue against bigotry start making an issue out of the very thing they wish to dismiss as an issue.

Maybe that's why an otherwise developed society still has this particular problem.

I criticized Valerie Solanas recently on Twitter, and got treated to a delightful table of sexual violence threats from angry feminists.

Wanting to make a problem go away by highlighting it is unlikely to work. By that I mean making race an issue to fight for, makes race an issue in and of itself.

Alas, too many people in the world have a vested interest in bigotry, racism particularly, so it's unlikely to go away anytime soon.

TL, DR?

Bigotry (and racism) is asinine.

Don't do it.

So... when a white person calls me nigger because I'm half black I shouldn't be insulted?

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:28 PM ----------

It's not ironic... mixed children sold better and were worth quite a bit. When the Irish were enslaved they were often forced to have sex with the blacks in order to produce mixed children. This was later outlawed because it was seen as almost cheating and a sure way to make a lot of money.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:31 PM ----------

Also when that shooting happened that was targeting blacks by those two guys his facebook post said "my dad shot by a fucking nigger" Or when those people found and beat up a nigger because well he had the audacity to be in a parking lot by his car doing nothing. Or when the nigger got ran over because he was a nigger.... racism nor did the word nigger and it's use towards black die... these are recent stories... You'd be hard pressed to find as much racism from blacks towards whites that ends in such violence.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...f0ce0c5f8.html

I won't be hard pressed. Like the article shows, and i can find about 10 or so more, just in my city. the blacks play this game called knock out game. It's where they find unsuspecting white people and or other races, and smach them in the face with a brick, or other objects. Has led to deaths, and other serious injuries.

But you are right, i would be " hard pressed" to find blacks being racist. Or maybe you just choose not to see it? I'll go with the latter.

Ok, based on that, calling you nigger right in the face would make me ignorant, not racist. Right? Right? In that case, get over it nigger.
    I dare you to get offended by that. I dare you. I double dare you, you double standard.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 05:40 PM ----------

White and blacks had relationships? White people loving black guys? Oh snap. Where the fuck was the racism then? I guess they weren't hating black people that much after all, eh?
    Becuase not all white people were racist, or are you that ridiculous that you think you can only argue "all" white people either were or weren't racist?