Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    every MMO have affected wow over time...every new feature people love on new MMOs blizzard eventually add it on wow. Barber shops, aoe loot, even class design...transmogrification..also in mop we also had the "no tag" for named quest mobs thanks to gw2 no tagging system and how people loved it. If ESO will be successful wow will borrow some things from it too...

Also ESO have a great lore and lot of previous single player games with a huge funbase, like wow had with warcraft RTS. Maybe ESO will force Blizzard to go back and respect again the wow lore and we see again a good expansion (just don't tell me pandaland was in wow lore, I know if you ask 200000000 people about wow and what they know and like about its lore, no one would tell you about pandaren)
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Also ESO have a great lore and lot of previous single player games with a huge funbase, like wow had with warcraft RTS. Maybe ESO will force Blizzard to go back and respect again the wow lore and we see again a good expansion (just don't tell me pandaland was in wow lore, I know if you ask 200000000 people about wow and what they know and like about its lore, no one would tell you about pandaren)
    One can only hope for this. I'm hoping ESO, at the very least, is able to bring a very rich story telling experience to an MMO. Something that WoW has been severely lacking as of late.

eh, when they talked and showed mechanics and whatnot for TES online, all I could think of was wow thats like GW2

in the end if wow was gonna borrow any ideas they would of gotten them from GW2 already

ps- idk how TES online is going to work with NO cooldowns on abilities and other things, balancing for pvp, which is going to be big in there, seem kinda impossible to me with all the combinations people are allowed to pick. I am a big TES fan, that said I am very hopeful for the game yet I have seen how no mmo experience did for TOR game.

effects on wow? blizzard may take stuff from it that people really like and incorporate them into wow. tbh im more concerned about how it will impact any future single player TES games but thats kind of offtopic

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It's going to have about the same affect that Warhammer/Rift/Swtor/GW2 did on WoW.

Hint: nothing.
    Without Rift, we probably wouldn't have had AoE looting this expansion, people didn't really QQ about not having it until Rift came out. Its also still got a sizable player base, unlike the other MMOs you've mentioned.

OT: tbh, TESO wont have any effect at all on WoW, it doesnt really seem that innovative, and I don't know how many ideas can be taken from it, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    please no, im a really big fan of TESO, but we dont need threads like this, keep the discussion in the mega thread and not which mmo is better, please!
    God I read that as "please no, im a really big fan of TESCO," And thought... lol you have a sense of humour! Then I realised I imagined the C and you aren't a big fan of Tesco ;/

OT: I'm sure TES will be popular and successful, but as with anything if they make some breakthroughs in gameplay, I would be sure that we will end up seeing similar eventually make its way into WoW but with a Blizzard tint to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    A ton of great games have been made by relatively unknown developers, e.g. Kingdoms of Amalur. Hell, before Morrowind, TES was kind of a niche thing. Not a whole lot of people knew what it was or what Bethesda was. I was one of those people.
    Yeah but its almost a sneaky thing, alot of people thing Bethesda are making it, when in fact they arn't touching it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Same as they said with GW2, it was so hyped and everyone talked about the big wow killer, but the game died after 1 month.

LoL, hardly!

Overflows everyday, I'm hitting overflow servers at 5am. Sales, concurrency and logins are up, the game is busting at the seams.

The only people that are saying WoW killer are WoW fans, dunno why they freak out every time someone makes a game.
    Valar morghulis

Skyrim was God awful compared to Morrowind. If it goes back to the TeS roots then it will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Yeah but its almost a sneaky thing, alot of people thing Bethesda are making it, when in fact they arn't touching it.
    So, basically, the game now has a better chance of not being a completely bug-ridden and easily exploitable mess.
    Look! Words!

People sure are jumping to conclusions about this not being made by Bethesda. While technically true, do people not realize that Zenimax owns Bethesda? People are acting like Capcom is making a Call of Duty game, or something else entirely unrelated. The truth is, we really don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Zenimax could have the entire Skyrim dev team on speed dial for advice and we'd never know unless they said something about it.

I think it would be illogical for Zenimax to ignore Bethesda and not get advice from them for the creation of an Elder Scrolls game. Really, people need to calm the fuck down about that, because it's not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll evolve from stealing their ideas, and making them beter.

Most of the people I know who play The Elder Scrolls games do not play WoW, and I think those people will be the main audience. I don't think there will be much impact in terms of subscriber numbers caused by TES Online.

I think the biggest effect will be people whining on forums that it has X Y and Z features so why can't WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It's going to have about the same affect that Warhammer/Rift/Swtor/GW2 did on WoW.

Hint: nothing.
    All of these games had an effect on WoW (especially RIFT). Many major features are basically taken off those game and added into WoW...which is a good thing.

Deleted
    I can bet you 100% the game will flop. Every MMO out there cannot over run WoW. It never will. TES is a series that should just stay single player imo, I really dislike the fact it's now become a MMO.

Deleted
    I have read a lot of posts saying that it is WOW that copies from other games and frankly that is extremly unfair.

We could start a new thread and debate what WOW has taken from other games in areas like : game systems, lore , customer support, etc

Maybe then when we connect all the dots we would conclude something else ...

In my experience WoW is the standard for 8 years now. WoW is the MMO genre.

Other games copied from WOW much, much more then WoW copies from them and this is a thing that we could debate on a different thread.

Deleted
    I'm not really interested a bit about TES online, even having played previous TES games more than enough, but Skyrim and Oblivion were kinda (imo too much) streamlined and "console'd" so if TES online is playable by consoles, it would be big hit i think.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    Since you're all evidently inept, I'm not claiming TES: Online will be a WoW killer. I'm asking how WoW would have to evolve should it take off. Jesus, people.

I've been following TES: Online more and more here recently, and as excited as I am for it, I am concerned about WoW. I'm not saying that it's going to be a WoW killer, not by any stretch of the imagination, but if its model of gameplay takes off and becomes a popular thing (in regards to combat, questing, and the like), how would WoW have to adapt in order to remain king?
    What's so different about its model of gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    WoW will have to step up its char models, for one. Also, the sense of exploration and adventure in TESO will be unmatched by any game, ever. Goodluck Blizz trying to copy that sense.
    I personally fail to see how exploration and adventure is so high in TESO when you are limited primarily to your faction's areas, apart from Imperial City.

TES is THE WoW killer!!!

- j/k -