Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went with selfless healer and execution sentence, but I don't think I even had to use my instant flash of light on our tank (he's a guardian druid). The tank shouldn't need much or any healing since they'll be getting healed by the beams you block from the adds that spawn during the fight. Should they require it though, you'll have 1, maybe 2 instant flash of lights, and lay on hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiatchicual View Post
    I went with selfless healer and execution sentence, but I don't think I even had to use my instant flash of light on our tank (he's a guardian druid). The tank shouldn't need much or any healing since they'll be getting healed by the beams you block from the adds that spawn during the fight. Should they require it though, you'll have 1, maybe 2 instant flash of lights, and lay on hands.
    Yeah forgot about the add beams, thanks.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Geekgurl, when is hand of purity actually useful in CMs? You mention the SH pack with the commander but personally I prefer to have multiple sacs for the rest of the instance.

For the OP stack as much mastery as possible and spam that FoL button, using DL is very risky on a majority of the pulls. In my opinion the FoL, blinding light and LoH glyphs are the best glyphs, FoL and Blinding Light is pretty obvious why, the LoH glyph is extremely useful as you of course will go oom quickly when spamming FoL.

Having a shorter cd on your stun will almost always be useful and repentance is useful for certian bosses or bad pulls. Imo holy prism is a must, the cd is short, it does high single target healing (and decent aoe damage) or single target damage and decent aoe healing. The other two talents only really have one function, one does aoe and the other does single target.
    Actually I have to agree with you in regards to SH. I used the double BoP the other day to completely get rid of the debuff from the first boss in addition to DPing myself. Depending on RNG, the amount and stacks going out can get very high. Healing two people with the debuff (tank - who I saced since I was DP and a melee dps) was far easier to heal then 5 debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    We did some practice runs on stormstout brewery tonight, and even though we made a mistake of aggroing the little adds before the last boss room and a wipe on last boss when i was ret we still finished with a silver rating.

One question from me though is for the last boss, as ret, would i be better off taking holy prism and eternal flame or holy prism and selfless healer? We run with a warrior tank and apart from his second wind and health stones (and group off healing from the shaman such as ancentral guidance, healing totem etc) i was thinking of going holy prism + EF for the extra heal over time when im dpsing on the final push since he doesnt have any other self healing that i know of.

Problem is i waste a 3 point HP setup for a WOG instead of a templars verdict, so that makes selfless healer look a lot better.
    I ran mine with a prot warrior as well and took executioner sentence. I hardly had to give him heals since he started tanking where the first add spawns. I did have LoH up though prior to that add coming up since he had taken damage right before the mob died and I was respecing.

If you could do over 50k dps with a pot/HA/wings/King all up - he should go down. There are many holy paladins out there that don't even respec for that fight and denounce the entire time. I actually didn't need to respec for ours as we had to wait for the BL cd to be up because we had so much time left (we used BL on the first pack prior to the monkey room).
    Last edited by Geekgurl; 2013-02-19 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekgurl View Post
    Actually I have to agree with you in regards to SH. I used the double BoP the other day to completely get rid of the debuff from the first boss in addition to DPing myself. Depending on RNG, the amount and stacks going out can get very high. Healing two people with the debuff (tank - who I saced since I was DP and a melee dps) was far easier to heal then 5 debuffs.

I ran mine with a prot warrior as well and took executioner sentence. I hardly had to give him heals since he started tanking where the first add spawns. I did have LoH up though prior to that add coming up since he had taken damage right before the mob died and I was respecing.

If you could do over 50k dps with a pot/HA/wings/King all up - he should go down. There are many holy paladins out there that don't even respec for that fight and denounce the entire time. I actually didn't need to respec for ours as we had to wait for the BL cd to be up because we had so much time left (we used BL on the first pack prior to the monkey room).
    You said you used blood lust on the first pack prior to the monkey room, is that with the three elite monkeys with the fire elemental channelers? Before the first boss?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

15+ Year Old Account
    You said you used blood lust on the first pack prior to the monkey room, is that with the three elite monkeys with the fire elemental channelers? Before the first boss?
    Yes, in addition to killing off the first two adds in the front. We would only nuke them for about 15 seconds and have one of the ranged dps blow up the barrels in the next room killing them. This would make it easier for our tank to only worry about the two monkeys killing each other due to their stuns and not the rest of them. I had a prot warrior as the tank...if you had a dk - probably wouldn't have to worry about it.

Yes, in addition to killing off the first two adds in the front. We would only nuke them for about 15 seconds and have one of the ranged dps blow up the barrels in the next room killing them. This would make it easier for our tank to only worry about the two monkeys killing each other due to their stuns and not the rest of them. I had a prot warrior as the tank...if you had a dk - probably wouldn't have to worry about it.
    Yeah we dont have a DK either, prot warrior as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we dont have a DK either, prot warrior as well.
    Grats Theholypally! Was checking the forums and noticed your sig update with your cm gear. Guess you got good rng in the monkey room.

Grats Theholypally! Was checking the forums and noticed your sig update with your cm gear. Guess you got good rng in the monkey room.
    Thanks so much, everything you all put here in these posts helped us a ton, especially with brewery.

Ah the monkey room lol, some great "monkey snared, turns and one shots a dps" moments there :P Felt kind of bad for our prot warr in there lol i'm just happy he's an awesome tank.

We tweaked a bit here and there, and experimented with a few strategies, and after a few hours of attempts we adjusted the strats to suit our needs and scored 11:20 for the gold Its currently the #1 time on Bleeding Hollow too, so that was a huge boost going into 5.2 lol.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2013-03-05 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Congrats!

It does feel great to finally get the last one down.