Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    We can either balance everyone out to low burst, or to high burst. Either way works. Except maybe stuff like affli and hunter.

A shadow priest who doesn't have 3 orbs (every spriest after every wipe except the ones not using mass res, corpserunning, and using x3 6 sec (= at least 18 sec) to kill critters to get 3 orbs). Even with 3 orbs, their burst is shit, which you cannot say about warlocks who have good burst. The only advantage the spriest has over destro/demo is no decay of resource. If it truly bothers you, you could go affli.

I really doubt Blizzard simmed affli w/o the hit cap btw. Not sure if they do nowadays.

Real scumbag dps is trash afk to make sure trinkets are off icd before pull. How could you build up embers or fury while doing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that's really annying is is soulshards not being refunded with drain soul on bosses that don't die for real, like most bosses in shado-pan monastery.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Real scumbag dps is trash afk to make sure trinkets are off icd before pull. How could you build up embers or fury while doing this?
    By timing your ICDs just like every class has to.

DS doesn't return shards on the monks because they don't die, but the channel does return. Affli isn't good in challenge modes anyway.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to stop pulling before every boss when I see a Warlock getting all fiery so I know that his Embers go to waste just in case it's you OP.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    no other spec has the rampup of Demo or Destro, by a long way. Paladins can build full Holy Power, Shadow Priests can build orbs, Warriors can build a full rage bar within seconds of the pull, meaning they receive the benefit of Heroism/Bloodlust and aligned trinket procs. like I've already said.

Demonology has better burst than Affliction if you're not completely useless. Also, Shadow has no way of generating Orbs pre-pull. Paladins have no way of generating Holy Power pre-pull as Ret. Warriors start at 0 Rage, get 20 rage from their charge, 10 from Berserker Rage, 20 from their Shout and 10 from their first Bloodthirst. If you want to get technical, they'll get another 10 from the first white strike they hit, IF it hits. 70 Rage does not equal a full Rage bar.

Deleted
    Shadowpriest scale very badly with bl. Plus it takes them at least 16s to get 3 orbs (unless you get them from trash). Anyway 3 shadow orbs is just one devouring plague, 4 embers is 4 chaos bolts. It annoys me horribly before garalon pulls (only fight i do as destro) but i understand why they did it. 4 CBs at start of the fight would be just insanely OP. Destro needs buffing, but not this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Demonology has better burst than Affliction if you're not completely useless. Also, Shadow has no way of generating Orbs pre-pull. Paladins have no way of generating Holy Power pre-pull as Ret. Warriors start at 0 Rage, get 20 rage from their charge, 10 from Berserker Rage, 20 from their Shout and 10 from their first Bloodthirst. If you want to get technical, they'll get another 10 from the first white strike they hit, IF it hits. 70 Rage does not equal a full Rage bar.
    admittedly you can engineer a full meta+dark soul during the Bloodlust if you're smart with Demonology, but even in doing so I've yet to see my Demo burst from 'dry' match my Affliction burst, I can beat it easily enough starting even on 50% Fury.

and again, I am fully aware these classes don't have a way to build their resource pre-pull. I know you love to be a snarky knowitall but I can't really see how you're proving Warriors are resource starved during a 30 second bloodlust by exhibiting their ability to reach 70/100 rage within a few GCDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Burning Embers and Demonic are a completely different resource than soul shards. You can control your demonic fury and Burning ember regen. Soul shards, you're completely at the mercy of a proc for your resource outside of execute.

Should warriors start with a full rage bar?
    Doesn't matter if it is proc based or not. You still need those secondary ressources for your burn phase, wether you are affliction, demonology or destruction.

And a full rage bar on pull as warrior is hardly comparable to something that takes an eternity to build up to full.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-01-29 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Off the top of my head, how about some spell that is basically a stationary channel for 20 sec. "Inspire Flames" or something. All it does is prevent your Embers from decaying while you channel it. Give it a 1 min CD, and basically you just channel it while waiting for the tank.

so very glad my shadow orbs dont fall off anymore, I really feel for you locks <3

Deleted
    Off the top of my head, how about some spell that is basically a stationary channel for 20 sec. "Inspire Flames" or something. All it does is prevent your Embers from decaying while you channel it. Give it a 1 min CD, and basically you just channel it while waiting for the tank.
    I highly doubt they would create a mecanism that makes you DPS more on the first pull on a boss. Or do you want to chase critters before each pull like Balance druids did in Cata ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    reminds me a bit of affliction, where i soulburn prefight and hope the tank pulls in the 10sec window where i have 4 shards + soulburn up. every pull is a gamble. and no my guild doesnt want to make a 20sec+ pull timer ^^
    I've tried to do this so many times. I've come to realize I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.