Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    To borrow an old line, "Too soon, Executus."

Let's run some numbers, because that's what we in WI do best. Keep in mind Blizz said Non-Raid patches take 2 months, raids take 4.

5.2 - Feb/March 2013
    5.3 - Apr/May 2013
    5.4 (SoO) - Aug/Sept 2013
    Blizzcon (Expansion V revealed) - Sept/Oct 2013
    Expansion V released - Q3 2014.

Whoops, Blizz just lost another 3 million subscribers because there's nearly a year without any new content added to the game.

If Blizz learned anything from Cata, they will have another tier between ToT and SoO.
    Why is...

5.2 - Feb/March 2013
    5.3 - Apr/May 2013
    5.5 - Nov/Dec 2013

Expansion Feb/Mar 2014

Not an viable option?

Why did you have to make such a massive leap to Expansion Q3 2014.

They have always said they want to get expansions out quicker, this would make MoP 18 months long which is about right imo.

I think 12-16 raid bosses every 6 months with smaller lore/dailies/scenarios/5 man patches in the middle is an awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    To borrow an old line, "Too soon, Executus."

Let's run some numbers, because that's what we in WI do best. Keep in mind Blizz said Non-Raid patches take 2 months, raids take 4.

5.2 - Feb/March 2013
    5.3 - Apr/May 2013
    Blizzcon (Expansion V revealed) - Sept/Oct 2013
    Expansion V released - Q3 2014.

Whoops, Blizz just lost another 3 million subscribers because there's nearly a year without any new content added to the game.

If Blizz learned anything from Cata, they will have another tier between ToT and SoO.

the bolded wont happen as there has been very little in 5.2 that's been tested so far

and that opritty much screws the rest of the time line up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the bolded wont happen as there has been very little in 5.2 that's been tested so far
    You think 5.2 is going to be on PTR for more than 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

They released 5.2 PTR earlier than normal to give the impression content is coming out faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    They released 5.2 PTR earlier than normal to give the impression content is coming out faster.
    Tinfoil hat much?

Remember the ilevel squish they were thinking about for MoP? if they wanted, they could add 50 tiers and then just use the ilvl squish to normalise everything for the next xpac. adding a new raid wont be too big a deal if they done that, which i think they want to do, because having a program using big numbers for no benefit is just bad for optimization.

They have always said they want to get expansions out quicker, this would make MoP 18 months long which is about right imo.

I think 12-16 raid bosses every 6 months with smaller lore/dailies/scenarios/5 man patches in the middle is an awesome idea!

This. If they plan to stick to their 18 month release timeframe, Seige of Orgrimmar will be the next raid patch after 5.2. The patch before Siege will set it up.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:18 PM ----------

Tinfoil hat much?

No. I just follow everything Blizzard very closely.

It's certainly not ready right this very instant, but I would be surprised if we find ourselves in mid-March and we still haven't seen 5.2 hit live servers. 2 months is pretty typical for a PTR cycle.

As far as dokhidamo's speculated timeline, remember that Mists of Pandaria was released about 20.5 months after Cataclysm rather then roughly 2 years like previous expansions were. If Blizzard makes expansion 5 in a similar amount of time, then we should see it in May/June of 2014, a late Q2 release. Hardly definite, but it is something to consider.

EDIT---

Oh, and If Blizzard were to actually hit their 18-month goal, then it could be as early as March/April 2014. That's a late Q1/early Q2 release date.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2013-01-27 at 11:43 PM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    They aren't going to move the caps mid expansion and they made primary stats in cata too good so they wanted to make secondary better so they arn't going to do that. And the arugument is blizzard doesn't want to make the same mistake again by inflating ilvl as much as wrath. This has nothing to do with npc power.

So when they said siege would be the last raid, were you just not listening or..?
    Right and when they said ICC was the end of WotLK they were totally spot on.

Wait..

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Right and when they said ICC was the end of WotLK they were totally spot on.

Wait..

ICC was the end of Wrath. I don't know why some people think the release of Ruby Sanctum means their argument matters... To put it in simple terms, and to avoid confusion, an easy way to think about where stuff starts and ends is to look at the raid tiers. Tier 10 was the last tier of Wrath that was released with ICC. Tier 11 started Cataclysm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/the...raft/chapter18
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-01-27 at 11:32 PM.

Ruby sanctum was the end of wrath.

It's tier 10.5, whether you like it or not, that's what it is.

So yes, my argument does matter, because you and the other guy are wrong.

ICC was not the end of Wrath.
    Last edited by skitzy129; 2013-01-27 at 11:41 PM.

more than 2 months yes 3 no

febuary - march = 2 months not 3

and theres only 4 days left of january

Ruby sanctum was the end of wrath.

It's tier 10.5, whether you like it or not, that's what it is.

So yes, my argument does matter, because you and the other guy are wrong.

ICC was not the end of Wrath.

LOL. ok. "10.5" meant Sanctified 264 pieces. But, if that's what you think, then that's cool. I know facts and links to what Blizzard thinks would never sway someone on the internet.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-01-27 at 11:48 PM.

LOL. ok. If that's what you think, then that's cool.
    Yes, I'm on board with reality.

Tier 10.5 is literally a thing. You cannot refute that, so I have no idea how you feel you have any sort of argument here in the slightest.

It's like trying to argue water doesn't contain hydrogen. You're just factually wrong here.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    And then we find out that the next expansion has been in the works since slightly before Cata and is already ready to be beta tested.
    If that happens I will delete all my characters.

Blizz didn't even know how MoP ended until after revealing it, there's no way they started Expansion V at the same time they started MoP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account

Tier 10.5 is literally a thing. You cannot refute that, so I have no idea how you feel you have any sort of argument here in the slightest.

It's like trying to argue water doesn't contain hydrogen. You're just factually wrong here.
    Hardly anybody remembers halion and arthas was the final boss of the expansion especially since he was a hell of a lot harder than heroic halion and they dropped the same ilvl gear. So are you saying hlk is 10.5 too? They also said they want to avoid another sunwell so what exactly are you expecting?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is...

5.2 - Feb/March 2013
    5.3 - Apr/May 2013
    5.5 - Nov/Dec 2013

Expansion Feb/Mar 2014

Not an viable option?

Why did you have to make such a massive leap to Expansion Q3 2014.

Because in every situation, it's a year or a bit under a year between reveal and release. Even when MoP was released with a "faster release track" it was still nearly 10 months.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    more than 2 months yes 3 no

febuary - march = 2 months not 3

and theres only 4 days left of january
    I was agreeing with you btw

I was disagreeing with the poster that told you you were wrong

They literally said it was a thrown together filler raid because cataclysm was taking too long. ICC was the final raid, ruby sanctum was a "pre-event" to cataclysm dealing with deathwings minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bout this ilvl inflation shiz, didnt blizz state that they have the %ages given by gear about 30% less compared to Wrath (Think Watcher said that, this tier compared to naxx, an ilvl 496 chest from HoF gives about 1.3% crit, compared to 2% crit from an ilvl 213 chest in Naxx. Granted, its a bit off, since the 213 would be more equivalent to the heroic gear, but its still around 20% less scaling then Wrath, meaning that, with the same ilvl increase, we would be 20% less powerful. And, heck, would it really matter if, at the end, ppl in full upgraded highest ilvl PvE gear hit various hard caps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.