Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The only thing I have to say for this girl is "Rise and rise again until lambs become lions". I live by that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You are perfectly allowed to leave people alone and think about them whatever you want in your head, just don't go and be a pest to other people.
    I would like to know, EXACTLY, where in my post i said i had the intention of going up to the school, find her, and laugh her straight up in the face, or other people for the sake of it. I do, as insane it might sound, have manners, so i would wait till i got home, if i still had it in my mind.

also, think we are getting another Amanda Todd here.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kamacowzie View Post
    Be careful how this pans out remember Amanda Todd !!!!!
    "be careful" really? they both brought this on themselfes, really. Teens (mostly, but i have seen adults do this) are like; "YOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOL" and they dont think of the consequences. Let them learn i say.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    I don't give 2 cents for people who want to commit suicide for something so trivial like this.

You are not alone in your feeling bro.

Although for someone who doesn't care you kind of did a really big post.

Why do you care so much about what we think that you have to justify everything and to explicitly say that you didn't received nor send the pictures to anyone? Honestly i wouldn't give 2 cents if did send them, and why do you care if we think you did send them or not? That makes me wonder if you did send them, and that is interesting to me.

That fact that you seam to be hiding that you send the pictures is more interesting than that stupid girl.
    I want to know what you think about me not caring about her, because alot of other people seem to care about her. I'm just wondering if im weird for not caring.

And i point out that i haven't received nor sent the pictures because it is a crime and i think doing THAT would be mean and cruel, and i don't want to be associated with the scumbags sending almost nude pics of a 13 or 14 year old around.

I'm not trying to hide that i've sent the pictures around, as i've never sent them and since i haven't even had them sent to me, but why would that be interesting?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Just because you lack empathy in this case doesn't mean you lack empathy completely.
    this pretty much, and actually not caring about the photo's really actually shows some empathy in a way,

compared to teasing her / etc about them and making her life hell like some of the people at that school i am sure are doing.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its a hard question, i can totally see this as the girl heard abuot the other girl, who then took her own life and trying to ride this to become famous/more popular/or just lonely alone and wants to have fun/friends. If thats the case, yea, just ignore her.

But if its the opposite, and she will suicide, then yes, if you could do something, do something.

It is a hard call, you should know her more, if shes ur class mate or so, which is her nature. If you think, the threat is serious, you should talk to her, if not, then just ignore.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    No, it's normal to not care about people who you don't know/barely know. There are many cases that are similar to her's, she should have known better than to repeat what other girls have done.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is a stranger I wouldn't care whether they live or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    I want to know what you think about me not caring about her, because alot of other people seem to care about her. I'm just wondering if im weird for not caring.

And i point out that i haven't received nor sent the pictures because it is a crime and i think doing THAT would be mean and cruel, and i don't want to be associated with the scumbags sending almost nude pics of a 13 or 14 year old around.

I'm not trying to hide that i've sent the pictures around, as i've never sent them and since i haven't even had them sent to me, but why would that be interesting?
    I also don't care about his girl or you for that matter.
    Not my problem...
    Do you care about my problems.... i don't think so... if you do send me money....

Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Sounds like a stupid whore, just like Amanda Todd.

[Infracted]
    Don't know why this was infracted, not least because it summed up the matter to a tee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Don't know why this was infracted, not least because it summed up the matter to a tee.
    My guess would be for the phrase "stupid whore".

No, you are not obligated to personally care about the life of every bimbo with a camera and no foresight whatsoever. Honestly, the idea some of you have that this girl is entitled to OP's sympathy because of her own stupidity... Anyone who voluntarily participates in the creation of digital photos of herself that she doesn't want others to see is a moron.

If you want to feel bad for her, then that's fine, but you're under no obligation. There are 7 billion people on this planet, and you don't have to sink into despair at the thought of every one of them dying.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    But if its the opposite, and she will suicide, then yes, if you could do something, do something.
    Do what? "Do something" isn't worth a lot as far as concrete advice goes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:02 PM ----------

Some mod disagreed strongly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Apathy is an emotion, no?
    Nope, not really.

The thought process in the majority of posters on this site amuses me.

I'm far past school, just to get that out there.

If I were however in school with this girl, no matter the age, I would try to comfort her and assist her in moving on with the issue. Why would I waste me time on someone who "doesn't want to live"? Because they are young, and they may not want to live this month, but next month could be better, and the next better than the last. Just because one is depressed, doesn't mean they deserve to disappear.

Whether one wishes to believe it or not, it is our human nature to help each other survive. Yeah sure, this girl may be "attention seeking", but why take the chance? Just because it may not effect you? The ripple from the wave on who it may effect, just might directly effect you. You never know if someone of her family is unstable and decides to go on a shooting spree, or spoon stabbing spree for that matter. The point is, pointing someone in the right direction isn't going to hurt you, but doing nothing can always come back and haunt you.

Its easy to talk tough, but until you've been in a direct situation, you never really know how you'll truly feel or act.

Being a good person goes miles further than being someone who only looks out for number one. Wouldn't kill you to believe in Karma, however it may just make you a better person.

I can't blame you for not caring, in America at least you often see warnings against "sexting" around schools and on TV. They warn you. If she came to me for help, I would certainly feel obligated to help. I wouldn't spread the pictures or condone the behavior either. But its silly to think that a human is obligated to drop what they are doing and eliminate the picture, or just to the side of every person that threatens everyone like that. 'Suicide' in my opinion, can be used as an empty threat, and thats quite sad. It pushes people that really need help to the side, so some people can get attention.

But I agree. She made the choice. I think that at the age of 12, you understand right and wrong in most cases, and you know what a warning is, 12 year olds aren't stupid.

Deleted
    Empathy. Some people have it, others don´t.. But i´m sure all the hardasses in here have never EVER made a mistake in their lives and if it was their daughter they would just say "well go ahead and do it"..

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Empathy. Some people have it, others don´t.. But i´m sure all the hardasses in here have never EVER made a mistake in their lives and if it was their daughter they would just say "well go ahead and do it"..
    Of course, because as humans we are generally selfish by nature. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so, not really. I care for my loved ones, be they my girlfriend or her child, much more than I would a stranger on the street. Anthropologist and evolutionary biologist Robin Dunbar in his book, 'How Many Friends Does One Person Need', argues that we as humans can only keep friendships with about 150 at the very most. Bearing in mind of course that we generally care about friends much less than we do about loved ones, I think it's quite unreasonable to expect people to care for every stranger with a sob story or suicide threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Oh ok.

Thanks for clarifying.
    Apathy is a state of absence of emotions, therefore it can't be an emotion itself.

Of course, because as humans we are generally selfish by nature.
    The only way were are selfish by nature, is our need to survive. Such as, when something bad is happening around you, your instinct is to get way from it. This however changes depending on emotional attachments, mate/child/friend etc.

Humans are social by nature, selfishness is not social, it is anti-social.

I wouldnt feel bad about, this wasnt your fault and honestly i would feel the same. People are stupid, people make misstakes and the way the world is going we are breeding a new generation of people who cant handle small setbacks. There is going to be alot more suicides due to stupid things in the future due to bad parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Suicide to get attention? Really? <.<
    Yes really. If you say you are going to kill yourself most of the time its just for show to get attention. Most of the people that commit suicide just do it and dont tell others about it.