Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation How passionate are you?

I am the kind of person that if a woman married me, then I would be a great provider financially. I would take care of her and give her everything she needs. However, it there would be very little emotion and passion in the marriage. Even the bedroom would not be that hot, and mostly just about business.

Anyway that's me. How about you?

EDIT: Rating this type of stuff on some type of scale is boring to me. I figure a short descriptive story paints a better picture.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-01-27 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Title did not match what I wanted discussion over

Deleted
    Why would you marry with that attitude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Death literally does not phase me. Even if it's friends or family. Now, I don't consider myself cold hearted for this. I don't see death as something inherently tragic. But a lot of people see me as a monster because of it.

I am heartless, all about my goals, mean and find it hard to care. Id care more about my kitchen knives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why would you marry with that attitude?
    Yeah, I would ask the same question. What is the point of marriage at this point? Tax breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Yeah, I would ask the same question. What is the point of marriage at this point? Tax breaks?
    Because I want to get married someday. I show emotion through providing for the people I care about by working my butt off for them. It's just harder to see then openly expressing it.

Deleted
    Not cold hearted one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Death literally does not phase me. Even if it's friends or family. Now, I don't consider myself cold hearted for this. I don't see death as something inherently tragic. But a lot of people see me as a monster because of it.
    You can understand why other people think death is tragic though, right? Aside from that, reading your post next to your cute avatar made me lol.

Anyway, on topic, I don't really empathize too much with the OP. I don't think cold-hearted is even the right word for what he's describing. I think he just wants a really vanilla relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Because I want to get married someday. I show emotion through providing for the people I care about by working my butt off for them. It's just harder to see then openly expressing it.
    Get a dog.

I'm extremely mushy actually, I've just learned to put a facade up. I don't want horror flicks, I hate getting into arguments about anything, and I just care about everything a lot. Sucks, to be honest. Wish I was more emotionless. I still think about my grandmother's funeral 20 years ago sometimes and tear up a bit. (PS, I'm a guy)

Get a dog.
    You can't have children with a dog -_-*

I am the kind of person that if a woman married me, then I would be a great provider financially. I would take care of her and give her everything she needs. However, it there would be very little emotion and passion in the marriage. Even the bedroom would not be that hot, and mostly just about business.

Anyway that's me. How about you?

EDIT: Rating this type of stuff on some type of scale is boring to me. I figure a short descriptive story paints a better picture.
    As long as your "wife" is not a gold digger, you are not going to get married like that mate...
    Anyway, I am not like you... I do have my cold and calculated moments, but my wife is going to be the place where I can show my emotions. Where else, if not in front of your wife?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to become one of those fathers that doesn't show affection for their children other than your idea of emotion? Meh, up to you but that sounds like a shitty way for a kid to grow up. Better than my childhood I suppose...

I'm not sure if you understand in the first place the difference between Cold hearted and passionate. To be frank, you just sound immature.

Passionate has to do with desire. The biological need and how that biological urge expresses itself trough actions. Basically what YOU where saying is that you would horribly boring in the sack, but would be a great provider.

Now cold hearted is a different issue. It has to deal with the inability to feel empathy. If someone is hurting emotionally or physically, especially if it is a known person that would be close to us or known to us our normal reaction is to reach out any way we are able to, to provide assistance and ease that persons suffering.

If you don't ever feel that urge you can call yourself Cold hearted. But that would by default make you a horrible provider as you would be utterly unable to appreciate your partners needs, physical, emotional or otherwise.

*Edited out part I no longer think relevant to the topic*
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-01-27 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saved some caterpillars from my dad that was spraying his plants...
    I have had sea monkeys for a year because i don't have the heart to get rid of them even though i have to aerate the tank and feed them very often...
    A weed was growing on one of my plants, i replanted the weed into another pot and water it daily because i don't want to kill it or put it outside because it may die...

I'm not cold hearted at all...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-01-27 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    ive been told i dont have a soul by a few people, mostly for not caring about their affairs though.

Deleted
    Not with that attitude you can't!

OT: I don't feel I'm cold hearted at all, though a lot of people seem to think I am, but most of those people aren't my friends and don't actually know me.
    I think that I care for people to the best of my ability and don't act harshly towards anyone. So I feel like I'm a decent person. Just how I feel about myself though.

Outside of the few people I care about, I am extremely cold hearted. I'm either indifferent to their plights or I find their suffering pretty hilarious.

Deleted
    In principle I want to be sympathetic to other people. I have a few old friends who like that part of me, because I "make the effort" to be direct and a "listener" with people. On the other hand, I'm quite bad in social exchanges - I notice a lot of conversations people are operating on numerous levels, which can make them seem more emotional and easily responsive to others troubles. I find I am a lot more sympathetic when seeing real-world suffering of animals and humans on television than when talking to other people. So I'm not heartless, but I'm not very attentive to other peoples social needs either.

So you want to become one of those fathers that doesn't show affection for their children other than your idea of emotion? Meh, up to you but that sounds like a shitty way for a kid to grow up. Better than my childhood I suppose...
    Yeah, I suppose I would be one of those stone cold fathers that only shows emotion once in a blue moon. However, my kid would never go without food, clothing, good school, etc.