10+ Year Old Account

Red face Can you remember the order of a shuffled pack of 52 playing cards?

Just managed to pull this off . Took me about 15 minutes to memorize the pack after learning the technique and now I hope to get my time down. The world record is around 22 seconds AFAIAA, that's only for memorizing them not for recalling them after.

I highly recommend doing this, it's a great exercise for the brain, a lot of fun and anyone can do it! Even I did .

The technique everyone uses, even the memory champions is to find suitable characters (people are recommended) and associated actions to represent each playing card and then think of yourself going on a journey meeting all these people doing odd things along the way according to the order of the cards.

Most of the work is in finding characters and actions that work best for you for each card, but once you've done that memorizing the order is a doddle . It's surprising how easy it actually is, the technique works by forcing you to create multiple pathways in the brain to the card you're trying to remember so it's easier to recall. It doesn't matter how old you are or how bad you think your memory is!

What?

/tenchar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

What indeed

I don't understand what he means, but well done nonetheless :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, was a mistake posting in here, childish forum.

You shuffle a pack of playing cards so order is random, and you look at the cards and try to memorize the order (without switching positions).

It's a very impractical thing to do because in a fair game of cards you won't be able to look at the card order. If you told me you could tell card order of a shuffled set of cards just by looking at the backs of the cards and the shuffling technique, I'd have praised you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is it exercises the brain and anyone can do it, you're not supposed to be impressed by me.

Yeah but there are a lot of things to exercise your mind. Sudoku, boardgames, logic puzzles, rubik's cubes, etc, etc. It would have been cool if you had a practical application for your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do all of those other things as well. Improving memory helps your life overall, you can use the techniques to remember phone numbers, dates, names and faces, everything. If you give me a date in 2013 I can tell you the day of the week it falls on within 5 seconds max, I'm working on doing it for any date this century. Again anyone can do it.