Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't know if he is the greatest warrior, but surely he is one of the greatest. I think that Garrosh is equal or close to be equal (even if he is sissy and douchebag) in terms of being warrior. Also, Thrall was very skilled warrior (yeah, now he is fully a shaman). Or maybe Muradin Bronzebeard? He is strong warrior too. Anyway, I don't think that we can call any warrior the Greatest. At least not for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Also Saurfang is still partially empowered by the demon blood (should be pretty obvious due to a certain emote).
    The moment mannoroth died the orcs were freed from the slavery aswell as empowerment.

The demon blood in them is no longer active. So he cant be empowered anymore.

I would vote for Broxx. And no, not because of the wound he made on Sargeras. But only what he did with the legion itself after crossing the gates. What he did was a true heroic deed, something we have never seen since then. The day someone out there will make something more remarkable, it’s the day we call that one a new legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Wouldn´t mind betting that we would see him in some form or another - alive that is - once we reach the twisting nether (not saying its in this version of wow ofc.). Just because he got trapped on the "wrong" side of the gate doesn´t automaticly mean he died

I hope not to be honest. Let his legacy stay a legendary as it is. I have a feeling if they ever introduce him in anyway, all will be gone and lost.

On a side note. We haven’t finished the MoP Lore yet. And since we have to fight Garrosch, that guy can still be on the list as todays icons to be listed as greatest warrior even if its 'evil ones'' If the Siege of Org will have the raid itself with the help of Varyann and Horde represented against Garrosch, then you have to re think when it comes to Garrosh vs Varyann
    Last edited by Sorraxe; 2013-01-28 at 12:14 AM.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

10+ Year Old Account

Brox was a veteran of the First, Second, and Third Wars — well-known among his people for his heroic actions in helping to hold a vital mountain pass against hordes of demons during the Third War. Of all of his comrades, Brox was the only one left alive when orcish reinforcements finally arrived on the battlefield. Though he was greatly honored by his people, Brox never forgave himself for his "cowardice" in surviving while all of his comrades died a noble, glorious death.

Straight up bad-ass.

Deleted
    It's a bit hard to compare anyone to Varian, since he is the Scion of Lo'Gosh.

Deleted
    I do think Varian is the greatest. Varian had so many horrible moments in his life: Dad dying infront of him, rebuilding and retaking Stormwind, his best friend becoming the Lich King, his wife's death and Onyxia manipulating his Kingdom from the inside. I'm suprised he doesn't have mental issues.

Varok Saurfang is a good warrior, but he has more flaws than Varian used to have before he came to realise his mistakes.

The sole reason I didn't like Broxigar is because of Knaak and Team Mary Sue (Yes Broxigar might not be remotely close to Rhonin and Krasus when it comes down to Mary Sue, but he's got a bit of it)
    Last edited by mmoc9d64d1cc31; 2013-01-28 at 01:36 AM.

I would say badass warriors are the ones not blessed by some ancient, do not wield a magical weapon, and not empowered by demon blood, or has some form of magic. In my opinion these warriors are just straight up fighters and skill alone brought them to what they are Orgrim Doomhammer, Anduin Lothar, Cairne Bloodhoof, Garrosh Hellscream, Rexxar, Muradin Bronzebeard, Baine Bloodhoof, Draenosh Saurfang, and Varok Saurfang now as he is still a badass warrior without the demon blood. And Yes I am saying Garrosh is up there because in their third fight in Tides of War he held himself up to Varian way better than he did in Ashenvale(And I do give him some credit in Ashenvale as he was battling others before Varian arrived so it would make sense if he fought someone who is on par with him for him to start growing tired) Also don't get me wrong Broxigar, Varian, Grom, and others are very fantastic warriors in their own right but they did some of their greatest achievements while having some sort of help from another power. And though this hurts me to say this as I lean more towards the horde out of my list a younger Anduin Lothar takes the cake one of his reasons for losing to Doomhammer was his age, we don't know if the fight would have gone differently is he had some of his youth still with him.

But to answer the OP yes Varian probably is the best right now. As he still did 1up Garrosh in Ashenvale so he is winning 1:0. I would say Rexxar but he is still in outland.
    Last edited by Susanoo; 2013-01-28 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Broxigar will always be the most powerful warrior to have ever lived on azeroth. He tore though the legions armies in there home world with just his axe, and it took the lord of the legion to finally kill him.

As for those saying Thrall isn't a warrior now because of his shaman thing, in twilight of the aspects, Thrall stood against an empowered blackmoore, one empowered by murazond, clad in doomhammers armor, in the frozen wastes of dragonblight, and managed to kill him. He might not be the most powerful in terms of what a warrior can do, but Thrall is able to hold his own in real combat.
    Oh cmon, i thought he meant greatest warrior CURRENTLY in Azeroth.

If he meant of all time, there would be a lot of runner-ups. Varian Wrynn, Varok Saurfang, Thrall, Orgrim Doomhammer, Grom Hellscream, Garrosh Hellscream, Anduin Lothar...

And of course, the greatest warrior OF ALL TIME. Broxigar Saurfang. The only living creature to ever damage a Titan. Even more, the warrior who killed so much demons that he DESERVED the attention of Sargeras himself.

On a second note... Thrall is not a warrior now, but that doesn't mean he is not powerfull. He probably could make Varian melt. He is the World Shaman. Different class, same league.

Bolvar is stronger.

When Onyxia attacked in Stormwind, he had two swords in his hands, and what does he do?

He punched the dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    On a second note... Thrall is not a warrior now, but that doesn't mean he is not powerfull. He probably could make Varian melt. He is the World Shaman. Different class, same league.
    No see, you say it like Thrall has no warrior skill at all. He was raised since he was a baby to be a gladiator and a fighter, and many of the novels and in the game has shown him as a warrior. He's faught against ones like Doomhammer, Varimathras, blackmoore, fel Grom and more, as a warrior. He only recently embraced his shamanistic powers more, and even then when he faught the buffed blackmoore, he faught with the doomhammer before using his shaman powers.

If anything Thrall is a warrior first and a shaman second by nature. He's just not a full on 100% warrior like grom or Brox or Varian.

No see, you say it like Thrall has no warrior skill at all. He was raised since he was a baby to be a gladiator and a fighter, and many of the novels and in the game has shown him as a warrior. He's faught against ones like Doomhammer, Varimathras, blackmoore, fel Grom and more, as a warrior. He only recently embraced his shamanistic powers more, and even then when he faught the buffed blackmoore, he faught with the doomhammer before using his shaman powers.

If anything Thrall is a warrior first and a shaman second by nature. He's just not a full on 100% warrior like grom or Brox or Varian.
    It's a bit upsetting when player shamans can play Enhancement spec better than the World Shaman himself. =3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    It's a bit upsetting when player shamans can play Enhancement spec better than the World Shaman himself. =3
    I think the reason why they gave shaman's melee is because of Thrall the way he faught.

15+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar will always be the most powerful warrior to have ever lived on azeroth. He tore though the legions armies in there home world with just his axe, and it took the lord of the legion to finally kill him.
    Yes. This one. Funny, for once I totally agree with Trassk, who could've thought Until Varian Wrynn cuts Sargeras, he's just an amateur.

I don't see Varian as being particularly stronger than any given warrior. He's skilled, but the best? Far from it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    And of course, the greatest warrior OF ALL TIME. Broxigar Saurfang. The only living creature to ever damage a Titan. Even more, the warrior who killed so much demons that he DESERVED the attention of Sargeras himself.
    Be that as it may, his weapon's magic creation and power has as much to do with it as Brox himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he is not.

High Overlord Saurfang.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Yes, he is. Varian right now will crush Saurfang in his prime,Brox with his axe crafted by Mal and will shatter Doomhammer in the hands of that pussy Orgrim. Varian fights with such an unmatched ferocity that amazed even Goldrinn himself. That's why Goldrinn favors him.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I don't see Varian as being particularly stronger than any given warrior. He's skilled, but the best? Far from it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 04:09 AM ----------

Be that as it may, his weapon's magic creation and power has as much to do with it as Brox himself.
    People seem to forget that when Brox did manage to 'wound' Sargeras, he had already been attacked by him. Brox was basically laying on the ground with broken bones, nearly blind from blood in his face, and randomly swung his axe. The axe did the work.

Deleted
    Thrall is not a warrior, and also, lorewise, Thrall is much more powerful than Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is me DUUUHHH

Varian just has infinate stamina...... i want that in skyrim so bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It is me DUUUHHH

Varian just has infinate stamina...... i want that in skyrim so bad
    God mode my son. God mode....