View Poll Results: can players use the pass loot option without anoying others?

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • yes they can

19 22.89%
  • no they cant

60 72.29%
  • not sure

4 4.82%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It isn't going to happen. Blizz will allow no passing of loot in anyway in LFR because of the entitlement bullies

Blizzard won't allow it. It would mean you could actually work in a group and help each other out in a situation outside of dungeons/raids not made with the LFR system. They already did this to holiday loot a long time ago, not surprised to see it happen to LFR loot... hell, I'm surprised they don't do it to all loot and just be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How do you decide who it goes to? Random roll? Why should a person get the chance to win two items just because you passed on your win?
    no the way that should work if you win on your normal role and pass, and random dude A wins something on normal role also but doesn't pass random dude B wil gain a better chance to win something from ur pass instead of dude A

the charms will still remain total independent rolls

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The downside to the old system was that people would take items they already had in hopes of trading it for something someone else won. I always passed on what I didn't need or needed on what was an upgrade. I also loved the whining 'terrible *class* wins the *super awesome item* again. ugh'

I honestly don't mind the system that much, I mean I wanted to /headdesk when the conq token off Lei Shi refused to drop for weeks(even when burning charms) but then I would repeatedly get pants I didn't need off Sha of Fear without the bonus. Last night I finally got the stupid token and I didn't even have to bonus roll. On my tank I also was only just able to do HoF and Terrace this week thanks to ilvl. I got wrists from MSV last week, weapon this week, wrists in Terrace, and a back. This was all without the bonus roll because I haven't even touched dailies on that toon.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    according tom to the front page of mmo-c blizzard don't not want to include a pass option in lfr as they don't want players will pester others into passing on a roll for a certain boss.

i thought the pass option would solve the problem of players getting loot from a certain boss where they don't need but another player did.

i honestly though something like that could work but when i saw the blue response it saddens me to see that the blues don't really trust the community when it comes to lfr to even a small degree

what do you guys think could players use this system without harassing others if it was implemented.

in all honestly i think people can. as for why i think that its coz the majority of people are sensible

please say if you think this can be done sensibly or not and inclued why
    A pass option is not needed, since every player is rolling against the computer, and not other players. Ergo a pass option is absolutely not needed since each player has an individual chance to get loot that isnt affected by the other 24 people in raid. To answer your question, no I think people wouldnt do it fairly.

We saw it happen in DS LFR, people need rolling on anything they can even if they dont need it because they get at least 30g~ per item they win.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    What's the big drama about not passing LFR loot? Last I heard you could still distribute better quality loot in normals to your friends (PUG the missing members, it's not that bad ). And I can't really be bothered getting random whispers from people who think that they are more deserving of loot because of X reason.I can just imagine it; twenty people whispering after every boss kill "Did you win anything? Plz pass as I hav normal raid tonight and really need better gear for my guildies progression". It would get old fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    this isnt trading since there's no guarantee that when tou pass on the roll that some1 else will win also im not going them a item all it is, is me passing a item i dont want and some1 else getting a BETTER chance and winning not a guaranteed item
    But why should someone get a second chance at loot. Why should only one person get a higher chance at loot because you passed? Why would it be fair for them to not get an item, when you already won the item? It defeats the purpose of passing for it to be another roll because that is what happens now. You and that person each already got a roll to win an item.

They shouldn't get a second chance at an item just because someone in the group passed on an item. You both already had a chance at an item independent of everyone else. Twenty five people could all get loot, why should they get another shot?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But why should someone get a second chance at loot. Why should only one person get a higher chance at loot because you passed? Why would it be fair for them to not get an item, when you already won the item? It defeats the purpose of passing for it to be another roll because that is what happens now. You and that person each already got a roll to win an item.

They shouldn't get a second chance at an item just because someone in the group passed on an item. You both already had a chance at an item independent of everyone else. Twenty five people could all get loot, why should they get another shot?
    well there goes the way to solve the trading, besides who other you would know if you won a item or a bag?

the system can just say "someone has passed on a peice of loot here's your extra chance of loot"
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-01-28 at 04:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    the system can just say "someone has passed on a peice of loot here's your extra chance of loot"
    But how is it fair that someone gets an extra chance at loot? Why should a player get to hold that power? Why should someone get a potential third roll? (First is from killing the boss, second is from Elder charm, and third would be from "passing").
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    As an enchanter I think this is a great idea, pass on the stuff you already have so I can get more sha crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    As an enchanter I think this is a great idea, pass on the stuff you already have so I can get more sha crystals.
    let me guess you do lfr just for crystals?

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 05:42 PM ----------

But how is it fair that someone gets an extra chance at loot? Why should a player get to hold that power? Why should someone get a potential third roll? (First is from killing the boss, second is from Elder charm, and third would be from "passing").
    ok then

say blizzard did put a "pass" option in, as it used to be in lfr if you passed (which according to most many people didn't use) so 1 else had more chance of loot

how would you work it?

the option is there how would you make it work[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-01-28 at 05:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're actually asking for the ability to trade loot. Because if you wanted a pass option you have no guarantee who would receive your loot. Passing would allow players of the same spec to group, pass and manipulate who the loot went to. Blizzard wants no options for the players to decide where the loot goes now. It was a nightmare in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymeat View Post
    I think a system would work where if you get a loot drop in LFR it should say 'you have won <itemname>, would you like to loot this item or pass on it?' - and if you pass on it another player will get asked the same thing.
    1) Which one "another" of 5 available? 2) How do you propose to prevent "trade me 10k fast and I'll pass <item name> to you"?

Stupid idea. You're not really grasping the concept of personal loot.

The whole point is you are not pressured or tempted to stack the raid environment in a way that is more conducive to you getting more loot. If people could pass then you would only want to LFR with geared people. You would have LFR premades started by some scrub who only invites people if they have a high ilvl, in hopes that they will simply pass on loot they don't need and increase his chance of loot.

Right now it's a completely care-free experience where you don't have to care about what other people do, you don't have to worry that you are a hunter in a raid with 8 other hunters. You just play.

15+ Year Old Account
    say blizzard did put a "pass" option in, as it used to be in lfr if you passed (which according to most many people didn't use) so 1 else had more chance of loot how would you work it?
    I wouldn't make it work because it can't function with the current loot system. It worked in the old loot system because every one was rolling for the same things as the loot dropped from the boss. In the current system you only compete against yourself and there are not set amount of items that can drop from a boss. Passing just wouldn't work with the current system, and passing in the old system didn't give someone an extra chance at loot. It gave them the same chance as everyone else had, one.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would never pass because I would just DE the item I won.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who experienced the first iteration of LFR in Dragon Soul, I do not trust the community (read: the players in the raid) one bit to handle loot rolls. If anything, I feel like a LFR-like system should be the norm for all group content in LFD and LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    As someone who experienced the first iteration of LFR in Dragon Soul, I do not trust the community (read: the players in the raid) one bit to handle loot rolls. If anything, I feel like a LFR-like system should be the norm for all group content in LFD and LFR.
    tbh we don't need that we just need to fix the "hunters have the options to need on practically everything" and dk's ability to need on agi polearms and such

They should let us pass the loot, but not to another player. Just pass it. I don't really need to win that idiotic necklace every god damn week. In fact, I'd better lose and have my bag of gold, it gives me more. That is just the basic thing that I really want. If the system will be remade to increase drop chance after passing several drops in a row, it would of course be nice, but personally I don't think Blizz would implement something like this.

Why bother?

Just vendor the item. The system is almost perfect as it is, change it and you'll return the loot drama of Dragon Soul.