Voters
251. This poll is closed
  • Fit

62 24.70%
  • A little extra (5-10lbs)

115 45.82%
  • Baby got gut! (11-20lbs)

33 13.15%
  • Just leave that keg over here (20lbs+)

41 16.33%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

How much "overweight" can you handle in your mate?

So I work retail, daily i see couples of various sizes, and on occasion I see women with men that I see no attractive physical attributes, and vice versa. I was wondering in myself, how much "extra" pounds is to many for the average person. With America's "obesity" issue, I wonder how thats effected us culturally. Do you find that additional weight is attractive? Do you got for only fit individuals? I'll throw up a poll, but please in the comments section if you are comfortable, state your Age/Gender and what you find desirable in a mate physically. I'm just altogether curious as to if there are any trends.

I'm going to have to say 180 lbs. is the maximum I'd go until it reached 800 lbs. or so because at that point she must be rich and close to death.

Yes, I posted that just to make a joke. The 180 lbs. is arbitrary and I don't actually really know.

Deleted
    A little extra, i really don't need a skeletal anorexian girl break in half while doing sexytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't care, I've literally date both side of the spectrum (125 pounds 5'11" to 180 5'8")

But, if I had to chose, i'll go with the smaller women. I'm totally not picky though.

Deleted
    I am overweight too so I think I have lower standards. Chose the last option as that corresponds with 10kg?

That's not that much.

Fit, I won't put a number to it because as long as you look fit to me that's what I care about. Men have to be fit, women maybe slightly chubby is ok...but I prefer fit.

I'm a 23 year old female.
    X

a good bit extra weight isn't bad. a bit of belly is super cute imo. so like... i'd say 180 - 190lbs for female, male.... idk, i don't find any fat attractive on males. so none for guys.

Male/20

Prefer a girl to be fit. Why? If they can take care of their own body, then I have more faith in them in general.

Not saying they are all that way, don't be an idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    20 pounds is hardly "keg" on some frames... for many women that could near entirely be in their chest without appreciable gain elsewhere (rare, but it happens).

This is an oversimplification, but: click. Height REALLY matters, and distribution/body type does as well. Different people wear the same amount of weight differently.

That being said, who cares what someone else finds attractive? The relationship could be based purely on mental and emotional stimulation, or it could be a marriage/coupling of convenience. Doesn't affect you, and doesn't really matter.

Personally: It depends on the person.

uhm, I don't get it? Who sets the standard for what is considered "fit" and "slim"?

Nobody can... and therefore the poll is totally redundant. 5lbs "extra"? Extra to what?

But to answer OPs question, I prefer the healthy slim type. I'm 24, male.

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/bb4c286...llishments.jpg

male/31

as long as the proportions are right and she looks like a woman not a balloon, i'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    uhm, I don't get it? Who sets the standard for what is considered "fit" and "slim"?
    Fit is what you should weigh to your bodily distribution . Example, at 5'11" and with my body build, I should be around 155-165, I'm 159. Slim means skinnier than fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, 10-20 pounds? Some flab is fine, but there's a line somewhere.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account

Another example.. they all weigh 154 pounds, apparently the average for Australian women. If you say the women in the middle are around 5'6", they are all at the absolute top end of the 'normal weight' range for BMI.

Edit: Fixed image

Edit2: Also, by default, if you're attracted to ta person, especially enough to consider them 'mate' material, the answer is pretty much "whatever they weigh". Our own brains can surprise us sometimes.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2013-01-28 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not fatter than me.

Like my women with meat. Not skinny. Only fit if that means curvy fit, not I exercise till I am a skeleton fit.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Fit. A healthy body is a good body.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Fit is what you should weigh to your bodily distribution . Example, at 5'11" and with my body build, I should be around 155-165, I'm 159. Slim means skinnier than fit.
    I am very bad with US metrics. So lets talk KG for a second. 170cm would mean 60kg?

A good female friend of mine is 175cm and weights 60kg. She's almost perfect in my eyes. 2kg more wouldn't kill her, 10 would.

I am myself 190cm and 79kg right now. I guess that's the reason why I just cannot see myself with someone who has almost the same weight as me.

Edit: Last time I heard, as a man your perfect body weight is the first two numbers of your height in cm. So for me, it would be 90kg (which I am aiming at). Not sure if it works for women.
    However, this doesn't give any indications where slim ends and fit begins.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2013-01-28 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Out of curiosity, where exactly are you getting these numbers from? 155-165 seems completely arbitrary.

On Topic, I don't really care about the body type specifically, so not actually voting. There are other factors I'm more concerned about, and if they're present body type is largely irrelevant (at least, in the sense we're discussing it here.)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Out of curiosity, where exactly are you getting these numbers from? 155-165 seems completely arbitrary.
    Asked a doctor, said for being my age, height and having what he calls a medium build, to be fit, I need to be in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I am very bad with US metrics. So lets talk KG for a second. 170cm would mean 60kg?

A good female friend of mine is 175cm and weights 60kg. She's almost perfect in my eyes. 2kg more wouldn't kill her, 10 would.

I am myself 190cm and 79kg right now. I guess that's the reason why I just cannot see myself with someone who has almost the same weight as me.
    Fit being proportionate to your height, build and age. In 30 years, fit for me may be 165-175 lbs instead of 155-165.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    20 pounds is hardly "keg" on some frames... for many women that could near entirely be in their chest without appreciable gain elsewhere (rare, but it happens).

This is an oversimplification, but: click. Height REALLY matters, and distribution/body type does as well. Different people wear the same amount of weight differently.

That being said, who cares what someone else finds attractive? The relationship could be based purely on mental and emotional stimulation, or it could be a marriage/coupling of convenience. Doesn't affect you, and doesn't really matter.

Personally: It depends on the person.
    LOL that picture. I remember once talking (on the internet) about how it is difficult to find size 2 pants, and so I have to wear 3s that are too baggy. Some person said "eww are you anorexic." I was thinking I'm only 5'2'' . My body is like the 6'1 lady, who I don't think looks remotely anorexic, and anyway she and the 5'8'' lady would be be my ideal body wise.
    Last edited by Drekker17; 2013-01-28 at 01:21 AM.
    X